It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats wrong with England, it needs a pick-me-up

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Back in the middle ages, when believe me, ordinary people were squeezed much more brutally and relentlessly than they are now, British monarchs were actually afraid of the people of London, and with reason.

Something to think about.

Here's a suggestion for a populist/nationalist political slogan for the UK vis a vis the European Community:

Let's get out. We'll sort it out later.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by ipsedixit]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by foxhoundone
Well i don't know about you guys but i feel in a specially good mood, Its Friday the suns shining and my wages didn't get hijacked by the bank,

Also Majestictwo, Sorry ya didn't get about more maybe next time, And you can really see the really good spots here in the UK,
I take it you stayed in the south of England, Probably not the most cheeriest of places at the moment with all the finance worries.
If you can come up north were we are used to getting by on nowt, you will see a different side of people: up:

Perhaps you are right in fairness I didn't travel north even though my better half is from north. I know where the spots are, I was born there I lived there worked there paid my tax.

One other poster may have been on the right track, good news rarely sell news papers like doom and gloom so it becomes self perpetuating.

Lets hope your new government works out okay

<< 1   >>

join