It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tampa Bay area to be evacuated!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I'll echo someone else's sentiments here. The Government has no desire to evacuate anyone over this, even if there WERE a call for it (which there isn't).

They want everyone to remain as complacent as possible throughout this affair. I'm actually a bit surprised people aren't ready to take to the streets over this gross incompetence, but just a bit.

Right now the Government is probably hoping that people don't flip their lids over this and the longer people remain as they are, the more the Gov is wringing their hands telling themselves that the decades long social engineering scheme is a thriving success.

So move along folks, nothing to see here. What oil spill?

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

I agree with you completely!

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Folks, don't believe this stuff. When Katrina hit there were articles from 2 of those same 3 sites and if I'm not mistaken, New Orleans is still there and people are still living there.

This is fear mongering at its worse to get people to jump to conclusions, fill in the many blanks and to widen the fan base of the people who are clamoring against the oil spill.

Yes, it's a bad situation, but Tampa will NOT be evacuated.

Posting articles like this really bothers me and the people who so readily believe it even moreso. Do you know what it takes to close a section of town for a parade, much less to evac it forever?

There will not be an evac in Tampa. I'm 100% positive.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
HOAX!

HOAX!

HOAX!

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Ulala

Hey, calm down man. No one is making this boycott an anti-Brit thing except you.

But you bring about a good point. If we as a country (U.S.) really wanted to send a message to Big Oil, we should boycott the whole industry.

How would we manage though without weeks or months of no automobile usage?

We're far too spoiled overall for a boycott to have any effect whatsoever.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Before completely discounting as a HOAX, this was posted in another thread on here, regarding the Imminent mobilization of the Georgia Guard and Reserves.

A well respected member here cbianchi513, and a marine, checked with his military sources, here is what he said:

Ok, here are FACTS: On Friday, elements of the Georgia National Guard and Georgia State Guard, specifically Military Police, Light Infantry, and 1 of the (I'm told) 3 HAZMAT (NBC) units were issued 48 hour notice, and are expected to recieve Warning Orders.

These units are to assist in possible evac of the Gulf coast area, specifically the west coast of Florida, the Louisiana coast, or Alabama.

The source went into no further specifics other than that another NBC unit was placed on standby to assist if needed. The actual order to deploy has not yet been given, but this is SOP for Guard units to prepare for rapid deployment.

Repeat: an order to evac is being considered, but has NOT been given as of yet. Please remain calm. This is from a reliable source... Take it for what it's worth.

These are the FACTS. Anyone that can verify please do so.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss
HOAX!

HOAX!

HOAX!

I second the motion to label this as a HOAX. Funny how no one from Tampa has heard even the faintest whisper of this supposed mass evacuation.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus
Before completely discounting as a HOAX, this was posted in another thread on here, regarding the Imminent mobilization of the Georgia Guard and Reserves.

A well respected member here cbianchi513, and a marine, checked with his military sources, here is what he said:

Ok, here are FACTS: On Friday, elements of the Georgia National Guard and Georgia State Guard, specifically Military Police, Light Infantry, and 1 of the (I'm told) 3 HAZMAT (NBC) units were issued 48 hour notice, and are expected to recieve Warning Orders.

These units are to assist in possible evac of the Gulf coast area, specifically the west coast of Florida, the Louisiana coast, or Alabama.

The source went into no further specifics other than that another NBC unit was placed on standby to assist if needed. The actual order to deploy has not yet been given, but this is SOP for Guard units to prepare for rapid deployment.

Repeat: an order to evac is being considered, but has NOT been given as of yet. Please remain calm. This is from a reliable source... Take it for what it's worth.

These are the FACTS. Anyone that can verify please do so.

Sources???

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by susp3kt

I encourage you to read the my post directly above yours. We posted at the same time.

look into it.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Its on page 16 of another thread here. The member has been around for years, and like I said is very well respected. His sources are personal relationships linked to military.

here is the thread and his post. You can U2u him and ask him if you like.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks,

Pax

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I live in Clearwater,FL so yeah, I would have heard about an evacuation, unless, for some reason, they won't evacuate until half of Florida is dying from a cloud of gas.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Houses on land,

Oil on water.

Now why would 10 million people in Tampa have to evacuate?

I used to live in Tampa for years, no reason for anyone to leave their homes unless a CAT 5 was knocking!

I'd say its bad info all around.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

Thanks, I wasn't aware of that information. How credible is this ATS user and his military "source" though? Have any claims made by this source been verified prior to this recent information from him?

I'm sorry, but I just need more than an individual relaying what someone else, who may or may not be military, said on a message board.

No doubt though that this would be a very opportune time for Big Govt to start using these newly acquired emergency powers.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Wouldn't louisana get evacuated first? It's on their beaches and marshes, I live in the Tampa area and there's no oil here yet. I need more reasons for this, it just doesn't make sense.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Sorry to say but that site has zero credibility in my eyes. We have another thread going right now that has linked this same site as a source and that thread can be found HERE. Now if you check out page 2 and find my post, what you will find is that this site is using information and postings from THIS ATS THREAD and passing off the postings there as "news".

I am certain that if Tampa were to be evacuated we would have ATS member is Florida coming out in droves and posting here to let us know. However, we have not seen anything to indicate that anything like that is happening other than this unknown web site who has already been caught using ATS postings and passing it off as credible news.

Sorry, but this source has no credibility what so ever.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Just got word that they are evacuating the sahara desert as well, should take all of about 10 minutes.....

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by susp3kt

Very credible and reliable poster. In fact hasn't posted in a long long time. But when the rumors started coming in regarding step up of military presence throughout the country we got more than curious. Based on his status as a marine he explained that he would do some checking around.

2 days later he posted what I showed you. Remember he said this was Not going on right now, but was being considered. Also remember they are talking about the coastal side of Tampa, Louisiana, Al. Only.

These were the only facts he listed. But once again I will say he is very credible.

Thanks,
Pax

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

What does Georgia have to do with Tampa Bay? There's going to be martial law in central FL but not in Louisiana? You've got to be kidding me. News Flash: Tampa is home to MacDill Air Force base, which is where CENTCOM is located. Tampa doesn't need Georgia national guard to take care of this crazy idea of martial law in Tampa over an oil spill hundreds of miles away.

I'm sure there are plenty of environmentalist extremists in the military willing to make wild claims, as with any other sector of society.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

www.mms.gov...

second line.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Ok here goes a new thread over in breaking news Reports Surfacing of Multi-State National Guard Mobilizations based on more disinfo put out by:
______beforeitsnews/story/47/954/Reports_Surfacing_of_Multi-State_National_Guard_Mobilizations.html

Note the first reply:

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
I'm in the Guard and I havn't heard squat, other than Operation Birdbath and Scrub a Duck which I have been told I may go to next month.

Don't forget that during the summer basically all National Guard units conduct annual training. The same thing happened last year and people on ATS acted like they needed diapers again. They activate all over the country every summer for annual training, its standard operating procedure.

So put the diapers away.

22 flags. This is nonsense where are the mods to shut down these hoaxes?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join