It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tampa Bay area to be evacuated!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Get real people.

Its a HOAX.

The original 'article' is old and has already been discussed / debunked at ATS (with its own thread even). It's absurd for multiple reasons. For one thing they don't evacuate over oil. They didn't in Tampa Bay's old fuel oil spill, they haven't evacuated anything in this new one (where they are getting directly hit by the oil). Do we not know how these things work?

For one if it is, I certainly didn't mean for it to be and I am sorry. And second would you like to tell me where it is on ATS, and provide me with a source, so you can back up all the empty words your saying right now?

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

the vehicles comment is a very good point, good thinking!

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Sorry, but I don't see in your links provided where it says Tampa will be evacuated. It refers the Tampa Bay Area, which is a lot larger than the city of Tampa. In fact, if such evacuations were to take place, I would bet Tampa would be last to be evacuated behind Pinellas County (where St. Pete is)

I live on the coast in north Pinellas County, and haven't heard anything about possible evacuations. The "Tampa Bay Area", which would be Pinellas, Hillsborough, and Manatee counties; would be far too many people to evacuate. Especially for an oil spill, which isn't directly endangering human lives. Don't get me wrong, this is a terrible disaster, but no evacuations will be taking place over this.

On a side note, May 8th-9th there was an oily smell in the air reported by people as far north as Hernando County to as far south as Pinellas County.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
This is stupid. What good would evacuating Tampa do? Why would all those people be evacuated? If the oil does hit their shoreline they can just not go into the water, they don't have to leave their house.
This is ridiculous, I can understand a hurricane coming your way but an oil slick? What is it going to do? grow legs, leave the beach and chase you down like a zombee?

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus3

I will change the title sorry

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Limegreen

cool your jets! but thank you for posting, and opinions are always welcome!

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

Hoax hoax hoax. What is so special about Tampa?? They can't deal with oil on their beach but EVERYWHERE else on the gulf coast is staying put and dealing??

The thought is silly and beforeitsnews is far from a reliable site on its best days.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

hmm could you tell me some sights that are reliable then?

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

First here is the other thread on this topic that you asked for proof of from another poster.

It was easily found. I used search.

It is here.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX

"We have yet to see the total economic and environmental bill from this catastrophe."

We shouldnt see the bill at all. BP is the one who should absorb ALL of the costs.

Until we make make businesses absorb the costs doing business, we are going to continue to have disasters like this over and over and over again. It needs to be painful or fatal to a corporation to make a mistake of this magnitude. We need to stop forcing the little people of the world to absorb all the costs while the fat cats continue to rake in enormous profits.

As individuals WE have to pay the costs associated with our actions. Why should it be any different for the corporations? It is enough that the owners of that company, the stockholders, are shielded from personal responsibility. (although IMHO if we did away with that little perk, we would see a lot more responsible behavior on the part of corporations) We need to quit making to so easy for the corporation itself to ALSO escape liability for its actions or inactions.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
This rumor started as a result of some comments made during a FEMA meeting.

FEMA plans for disasters that have even a very small likely hood of actually occuring. For example areas of the west coast of Florida which only see a category 5 hurricane make landfall every 100 years STILL get evacuation planning done.

Theoretically heavy oil contamination could occur anywhere along the gulf coast. Tampa bay area probably has less than a 1 percent chance of a large area of oil being blown this way by a storm.

img163.imageshack.us...

[edit on 23-5-2010 by Bordon81]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Beforeitsnews allows anyone to post:

Can anyone post a story at Before It's News?

Yes. You'll need an account and a good story, that's all -- it's completely free to post (except for promotional stories, which have a modest fee for posting).

It's as reliable as any random person you might bump into on the street. Do you think that person would know all the facts and inner workings of ANY news item? Would you take everything they said as complete fact?

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Right on. Don't give them TOTAL incentive to not screw up and these things will happen. The key to training a pet is to first teach them NO, and BAD. From there you can train them more easily because NO means they're doing it wrong.

The same goes with kids: kids who WONT learn from CONSEQUENCES will be doomed to a life loser-hood.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

k thank you for the link to this topic, but at least some people saw mine and didn't know about it.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
i just spoke to people right outside Tampa and they said they going to beach today before oil comes, but that its not bad ... yet

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Just read my Filer's Files newsletter and one of the stories reads

Mexico’s Pemex oil spill was much Worse than BP oil spill so Far

I don't even remember that one or it's aftermath.

More about that here at en.wikipedia.org...

I believe the one article mentioned older people and not the entire population.

There are plans to evacuate people with respiratory problems, especially those among the retired senior population along the west coast of Florida, before officials begin burning surface oil as it begins to near the coastline.

Fear mongering is the use of fear to influence the opinions and actions of others towards some specific end.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
The real question should be: How much money can be made from the worlds worst oil disaster?

While one side of the economy may be hurt by the disaster, it may prove to be a great source of new jobs for cleanup crews, scientists, and an expanded government.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Freedom or Death

Your comment reminded me of this-

(click to open player in new window)

[edit on 5/23/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
There ain't nothing wrong .. I live here near the beach in St.Pete. got no problem. Just HOT. and me have lots of beer, food and H20.

Just need a woman.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
There ain't nothing wrong .. I live here near the beach in St.Pete. got no problem. Just HOT. and me have lots of beer, food and H20.

Just need a woman.

don't we all

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join