It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tampa Bay area to be evacuated!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
______beforeitsnews/story/48/023/Possible_evacuations,_contractor_profiteering_and_food_endangerment_in_wake_of_worse_oil_disaster_in_history.htm l

"Plans to evacuate the TampaBayarea are expected to be announced in the coming days as FEMA prepares for what is now being called the worst oil disaster in the history of the world. "

It just keeps getting worse

And the most depressing part of this article?

"We have yet to see the total economic and environmental bill from this catastrophe."

www.examiner.com... announced

www.msnbc.msn.com...

www.hawaiinewsnow.com...

posted above are more links to help verify credibility

[edit on 23-5-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX]

[edit on 23-5-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

Is this beforeitsnews or is it possiblynews or is it notevennews?

This is a blog news location. The evacuation story has not been confirmed. The resources for the article are not even linked to the source material. They quote but give no links. A number given of an insurance payout as supposedly a profit. How much of that insurance money went to the families of the dead workers?

Sounds like a hit piece wrapped with innuendo and agenda.

Hmmm.

Additional sources for all information given by the author would be appreciated OP. Or as I said, hit piece.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
People, please understand this is far worse than mainstream media shows us.

[*SNIP*]

Mod note: Removed request to join petition as it violates our policy concerning recruitment.

[edit on 5/23/2010 by AshleyD]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
alright i'll try, i'll post more links in a second

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Ah, I live just over the Howard Frankland bridge and commute to Tampa everyday. IF this is true, they are going to have a #storm to deal with. The Tampa Bay area has about 2 million in population.

Flagging just in case!

*Edit* to add, my next door neighbor is actually employed with DHS, I will ask him if he has heard anything about this and keep you all updated.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by Kevinquisitor]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

Barry's busy, back trickin' for nwo. Look for keywords: common good, common purpose, economic world stability etc....

I think this little bit of ignorance is designed to lock in a global disaster.

They seem to 'thrive' in that mode.

Of course it's huge. Is that why it's being ignored?

My guess....15% gnp right here, better than 'legislating'!

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
thank you so much! keep us updated as much as possible!

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I live about 2 hours from Tampa and I haven't heard anything about this. I have a lot of family over there as well and still have heard nothing.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
I live about 2 hours from Tampa and I haven't heard anything about this. I have a lot of family over there as well and still have heard nothing.

hmmm maybe you will soon, then again maybe you won't! Just an alert it may happen it may not I suppose.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I've posted a comment on the blog itself for a source. Lets wait what comes up.
edit. fail I'm not registered
It did show up on site . I think it is deleted.
[edit on 5/23/2010 by Sinter Klaas]

[edit on 5/23/2010 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
I've posted a comment on the blog itself for a source. Lets wait what comes up.

alright, good thinking! i'm very curious to see how that unfolds!

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by PublicDefenseCorp
People, please understand this is far worse than mainstream media shows us.

Please, boycott ALL BP Gas stations, and go to f u ckbp.net, sign the petition and let's FINALLY grow some balls.

Yeah. Let's boycott BP !

Because Chevron, Texaco, Conoco, Exxon, Mobil, Gulf, Hancock, PP, Citgo, RDS & Sinclair ... they're all paragons of virtue, ain't they ? Yeah, let's nail BP for no other reason than the B with the P, make ourselves out as latterday heroes in the US War of Independence against the evil Brits ... (and there is an undercurrent of anti Britishness in all this guff)(there's also an undercurrent of "couldn't care less" had a US company done such a deed off the Bongobongoland coast)

Why not get off the wagon and boycott oil altogether ? Use the legs God gave you, or take a bus instead.

Can't see a damned thing which says Tampa's being evacuated, incidentally, the first link's broken.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Tampa won't be evacuated, even if it is in the best interest for public safety.

The government knows that if they start evacuating people, they will have a serious problem on their hands. They are trying to keep this problem on the down low, they don't want it to be anymore of a scene than it already is.

It's like walking down the street and seeing police with a human chalkline on the sidewalk, you know something bad has happened but you don't know how bad it is. If they evacauate Tampa that is like walking down the street and seeing a mangled body with the chalkline, then you know just how bad it is.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Ulala

what do you mean it's broken? how to I fix it so you can see it?

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
Tampa won't be evacuated, even if it is in the best interest for public safety.

The government knows that if they start evacuating people, they will have a serious problem on their hands. They are trying to keep this problem on the down low, they don't want it to be anymore of a scene than it already is.

It's like walking down the street and seeing police with a human chalkline on the sidewalk, you know something bad has happened but you don't know how bad it is. If they evacauate Tampa that is like walking down the street and seeing a mangled body with the chalkline, then you know just how bad it is.

mhm I kinda agree, but you can't be sure, but on one thing you can be, there not telling us the full extent of this spill! It is much worse than there letting on!

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
How long before Miami has to be evacuated?

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Ulala

the link is working fine for me. If it acts up with anyone else please tell me immediately and i'll try to fix it!

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by drkid
How long before Miami has to be evacuated?

not sure if it even is going to be evacuated,but there is a possibility of it. And as far as when if it does happen, not really sure.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I doubt the whole of Tampa would be evacuated, if anything just the immediate coastal regions if they decide to light the oil coming ashore.

It seems a bit much to evacuate 2 million people out of fear of toxic fumes, I mean after all, there are far more than 2 million vehicles spouting fumes in that area to begin with I would assume.

~Keeper

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Get real people.

Its a HOAX.

The original 'article' is old and has already been discussed / debunked at ATS (with its own thread even). It's absurd for multiple reasons. For one thing they don't evacuate over oil. They didn't in Tampa Bay's old fuel oil spill, they haven't evacuated anything in this new one (where they are getting directly hit by the oil). Do we not know how these things work?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join