It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Billionaire Goes All-In on Gold

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
That is bad..
But I think with coins you shoud be safe, won't be worth the effort propably.
If its is 999.9 gold you should also be able to check it by precision measuring. You could also buy philharmonics or even ducats, they are thin enough to be bent.
But the risk here is really minimal anyways.

PS: I wouln't mind if I had to worry about bars, most of us probably won't either

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
For interest I just checked the national gold reserves listed on Wikipedia.

Seriously? Canada has less physical gold reserves than Peru, Latvia and Bangladesh? Shouldn't we be mining that stuff right out of the Canadian Shield and Arctic and putting it on a direct conveyor belt to the depository in Ottawa? I guess every shovel, spade, backhoe and miner we have is too busy digging up filthy tarsand.

This fact astounds me.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta
reply to post by LieBuster

Hey, as long as you're holding the metal, then I suppose you've got something.

But, in reality, if things really do get bad enough, you can't eat gold and stay healthy for long.

Yes i agree 100% but sooner or later after the meltdown people will go back to money and my guess is it won't be fiat paper based.

I hate the banksters and the way they are bribeing our leaders so cashing out of fiat is my way of doing something about it instead of useing just talking and my next move wil be buying up garden tools and seeds not for myself but to give away with the message not to except the amro.

it's not about profit or power it's about knocking down the farmers fence and being free and if i profit along the way then i will ensure some of my silver eagles are put in the right hands to help us come out the other side.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
well, believe me when I say he is going into money from paper. he is a smart man. we can print more paper - its much harder to mine more gold. but i would like to say - receive the Metal - the paper gold is well, paper.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join