It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil Spill Might Be Message From God - Ted Turner

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   

This is an absolutely hilarious statement from Ted Turner.

In the video, he states that he thinks the Oil Spill, and recent mining disasters might be messages from God, that we need to stop drilling for oil and mining coal.

I agree with the host in the clip, I don't think Turner means it at all, although he did join a church in 2008.

I think he's just doing this to show how stupid it is when people from the other side invoke God. Usually claimed 'messsages from God' don't have such a left wing environmental message. Normally such events would be blamed on Abortion, or Permissiveness in society, or something of that nature.

Do you think he means what he says?

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Ohh Ted.

You never cease to amaze me.

That is pretty damn funny.

I wonder what Pat Robertson will say? Did the Gulf Of Mexico sign a treaty with the Devil?

~Keeper

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Oh man he's like Pastor Hagee who said hurricane katrina is th wrath of God. How dare you 'Born Again' Christians give Christians a bad name

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by harpsounds

I find it funny that this is the way He'd decide to give us a message. What with all the questions we have and He decides the best way to speak to us is to give us an enormous catastrophe. Thanks Lord! We knew you were real.

By the way, you think you can stick a finger in that busted pipe or something now? We learned our lesson alright, right everyone? Yes, we learned a thing or two about your sovereignty and all that, enough is enough. Go ahead and stop that leak now, you're the best. Right guys? Yes...we get it.

If that don't work, I suggest using Ted Turner to clog the pipe.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by harpsounds

I read recently on another forum that the dark oil gushing from the Earth was almost like the Earth was bleeding from her body. She was bleeding and there was nothing we could do to stop it. That just made me sit and think how true it is that the Earth is actually a being and not just a rock.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but when a tragedy of any kind happens and someone's explanation of it is that "it's god trying to send us a message that...", I really lose all respect for them. That is a bronze-age thought process completely devoid of intellect.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
TEd turner remembers when rahm emanuel said don't let a GOOD DISASTER GO TO WASTE

yes see this is why oil and coal are bad.....let's use this as a sign from mother earth that we should all go umm green.....and well looky here ....cap and trade here we come.......no more oil spills

join