It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Announces U.S. Military Secrets to the World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
President Obama has decided to pre-announce to the world once-secret American ballistic missile tests and satellite launches.

The Democratic administration's goal is to show a friendlier face to other countries and to coax Russia to do the same.

It's part of a confidence-boosting initiative launched, so to speak, last fall when Obama suddenly abandoned the U.S. missile-defense system in Eastern Europe that had exercised the Russians, though it was aimed at potential future missiles from Iran.

Obama hoped such a unilateral U.S. forfeiture would encourage Russia to put pressure on Iran to halt its nuclear weapons development. So far no good on that.

Of course, the point of secret tests by any state in an insecure, suspicious world is to deny advance notice to potential enemies, making it more difficult if not impossible for them to gain intelligence by monitoring the tests themselves.

According to George Jahn of the Associated Press, a confidential U.S. note sent to 128 other countries two weeks ago said:

The United States ... will provide pre-launch notification of commercial and National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) space launches as well as the majority of intercontinental ballistic and submarine-launched ballistic missile launches.-Source

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Nice attempt to stir up a controversy about Obama but once again you have failed at showing any wrong doing coming from Obama.

This thread is a very weak shallow spin attempt that conviniently leaves out all the facts.

Boring

[edit on 23-5-2010 by Paradigm2012]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paradigm2012
Nice attempt to stir up a controversy about Obama but once again you have failed at showing any wrong doing coming from Obama.

This thread is a very weak shallow spin attempt that conviniently leaves out all the facts.

Boring

[edit on 23-5-2010 by Paradigm2012]

I didn't say he was doing anything wrong. Unless you like the rest of the world knowing everything about our military. Wow we are involved in two wars. Loose lips sink ships, I don't guess you remember that motto do you.

One thing's for sure, Our enemies are going to get to save a lot of money by not having to spy on us.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Loken68

Announce the test in advance and your guys can better spy on their guys ? Just a thought.

Anyway, better telling them in advance than some goon in an antiquated missile centre in Russia somewhere misinterpreting a satellite launch for an all out nuclear attack, launching his birds on warning etc etc. You'll be able to sleep that bit easier, assuming the reds under the bed don't kill ya.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
It's not Obama making decisions, it is his Khazar puppet pullers. WHO wants to attack Iran and has a firm grip on American policy? Hint: Khazars. Who doesn't care about America or its secrets as long as Russia agrees to let Iran be attacked? Think people. America doesn't exist anymore. You fought off the British just to be enslaved by the Zionists. You had a short-span of freedom that ended with Kennedy. Guess who ended Kennedy? Wager your bets, the man who bets the same people that slaughtered Americans on the USS Liberty and crashed American sky scrapers on 9/11 wins.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by TSawyer]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Unless you like the rest of the world knowing everything about our military.

How cute, you actually think every military secret is going to be revealed.

It's obvious the ones not importantly secret will be revealed. The actual secret stuff? Good luck ever finding THAT out.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Loken68

Iran has no nuclear weapons and the US/NATO axis is working day and night to deny them the technology. So, how exactly is a massive missile shield at the EU-Russian border meant to scare off a measly handful of shoddy Iranian missiles?

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Is it really any secret that we have nukes, globally reaching ballistic missiles, and state of the art spy satellites? So he gives the world a few details; does that make the US military might any less of a deterrent?

To use a poker analogy; when you have a royal straight flush (i.e., the best hand possible), does it hurt you by showing your cards? I guess it does if money is your objective. However, I say showing your hand in this scenario will likely make the rest of the "players" fold.

I think that the "openness" will show a friendlier side of America. And it still makes no statement about revealing our "black-ops" technology, which probably makes all of the revealed stuff insignificant.

Now, this could possibly lead to an arms buildup in other countries, but aren't they already doing that anyway? If not, let them bankrupt their countries trying.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SmedleyBurlap

It not Iran's or North Korea's missiles I'm concerned with. It's the one that they can load into the back of a Toyota.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loken68
I didn't say he was doing anything wrong. Unless you like the rest of the world knowing everything about our military.

Really? Announcing missile tests, and NASA launches, somehow reveals "everything about our military"?

Such hyperbole takes discussions nowhere, and reveals the extreme 'spin' involved in the creation of this thread.

Obama has made enough real mistakes that there's no need for such lies and exaggerations.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Loken68

You, sir, watch too many hollywood blockbusters! If a suitcase nuke (snuke) was going to go off, it would have done so already. I for one think that it is exaggeration, but I am not afraid to die if I am wrong. My life for the cause [of meditative calm]!

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SmedleyBurlap

So what are you saying North Korea has no nukes. That is what I'm speaking of.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Loken68

I am saying that orth korea stands nothing to gain by using those nukes and everything to gain by threatening to use them. They will most likely never be used in any capacity against the United States.

new topics

top topics

join