It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Rebel' Aussies start their own monarchies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   

'Rebel' Aussies start their own monarchies

www.theaustralian.com.au

AUSTRALIAN citizens fed up with the Government resorted to an alternative form of protest - seceding from the country and setting up so-called "micro-nations," complete with renegade royals, a declaration of independence and a local council.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
This sounds totally awesome, apart form the regression to fuedal states, I would love to have my own principality. The thought of some of our currently annointed leaders leading us further into the wasteland of debt and decay can only inspire one to break free of the modern shackles and embrace feudalism.

Of course it is totally empty in that insisting you are the King (or Queen) of your land won't deter the police from sticking you in a jail cell if they choose. But it's the spirit that counts. Long live Eureka Stockade!

www.theaustralian.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Better pray for their a$$es because there will probably be a US invasion of Australia to keep it under the cotrol of the TPTB

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Reminds me a bit of this:

Lol.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
ever heard of principility of hutt river? been going on for a while, but i don't think the government rolls over so easily these days

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Shere Khaan

haha thats freakn awesome. How do I do this? anyone know the legal method for it in australia?

If I setup my own micro-nation, does that mean australian laws dont apply to me anymore?

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Well next weekend the Kingdom of Cliffe, Lewes, Sussex will hold it's own independence day... Right now this years presidential elections are running.. and the huskings are pretty much a fun pub crawl
Tho you have to be an expereinced politico to run for president

www.lewes.co.uk...

Once more the mighty Cliffe will be taking over the high street of our glorious Capital to host another splendid day of fun and frolics to celebrate our wonderful Independence from the rest of Lewes!

We even have our own local currency, the Lewes pound
with Thomas Paines face...

2010 Independence Day Poster

to all the dissidents out there in the world

[edit on 23/5/10 by thoughtsfull]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemonkey
ever heard of principility of hutt river? been going on for a while,

If you read the link from the source you'll see that Hutt River gets mentioned as being 40 years old. An old friend of mine is a nephew to the King of Hutt River Province. Aparently the king was always known in the family as being a bit of a rebel.
How cool would it be for all Aussies to do this and leave the Australian Government without any citizens?

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by rajaten
haha thats freakn awesome. How do I do this? anyone know the legal method for it in australia?

If I setup my own micro-nation, does that mean australian laws dont apply to me anymore?

Not a chance. You get to pretend they don't though.

new topics

top topics

join