It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[RINGS] We have a serious problem!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Walked past the Coutts & Co. in Newcastle, looked very nice to me. And PurdueNuc, in the English language, what is denoted by a dot, is a full stop. A period is a length of time, or when a female bleads. In American however...

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   
5 said long flight so homeboy is in london on his way to sydney. why dont we meet him there and get the drop on him whack him and steal his rings.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
This is the same Geocities account that was there the last time the page was "hacked". And we determined that that was part of the game. So 5 is part of the game...and most likely run by a mod.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I think it is quite obvious that -5- is part of the game, or else he would have been booted from this site. Isn't that obvious?

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I agree, we need to analyse his avatar for clues

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
well I'll be....
I studied those Summarian images, not to point out the obvious, but theres alot or rings there....although, not the kind you could put on your finger.

Wondering what kind of ring we'r looking for exactly, all we know is it's gold and has something writen on the inside, nothing about it's size.....unless I missed it.

AND!... [Edit] When I first saw this thread after tracking the hack, I saw a post by -5- which has not dissappeared, it did not how ever have the trademark 1970 time stamp, which btw is caused by setting the date to 0, since UNIX time stamps stats from 1970 1/1 00:00

[edit on 8-6-2004 by Noia]

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Has anybody noticed that when they access a forum or a thread on ATS that there are several outgoing requests 'each time' for www.findtherings.com?

For example, I just loaded the main forum page and sent 2 requests for findtherings.com. Load the Hunt forum and I sent 3 requests for findtherings.com. Load up www.findtherings.com and I only sent 1 request.

Just seems a little odd to me.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I've never noticed that

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   
let me tell you what you should already know, everything is part of the game.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray
(game on)

We have a real problem!

I went to the bank (very nice), and provided the proper numeric code to get the box, and the safe clerk commented, "Back so soon?"

I didn't think anything of that until I opened the box. It was completely empty!

Nothing at all inside!

I have no idea what to do now. Anyone? You know the clues better than I, what does this mean?

(game off)

Maybe you have an evil twin!

1) When the clerk asked "Back so soon?" was this asked as though he recognized YOU the person or as if he recognized IT, the numeric code??

2) the email received after the first ring was found stated:

"Obtain the content of the box, and follow the instructions for retrieval of the remaining items."

First, the curious singular use of the word content instead of contents, maybe there's something written *on the box itself* and there was not anything inside of it to begin with. A long shot, but maybe something.

Second, we don't know that the "content" of the box and the instructions mentioned are one and the same. Might be unwise for us to assume that they are.

If it was me, I'd go back and have another look at the box, inside and out, as well as the compartment the box gets kept in.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Are we to assume that the first ring has been despatched to it's rightful owner and that the box was merely a by product and meant to contain the next clue.
Or was the ring meant to be in the box so meaning the winner was deprived of his ring and we our next clue?.....

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
(game on)

I'll try my best to answer everyone's questions.

Originally posted by Smudge
Are we to assume that the first ring has been despatched to it's rightful owner and that the box was merely a by product and meant to contain the next clue.

Yes. I have been told arrangements are under way to get the first ring to our winner. Identities are being protected for obvious reasons. However, an additional part of the communique indicated the current holder of the ring is traveling, and will be unable to obtain and express ship the ring until perhaps Monday. I'm sure you can understand the security measures for gold rings.

Originally posted by tjack
1) When the clerk asked "Back so soon?" was this asked as though he recognized YOU the person or as if he recognized IT, the numeric code??

I took this to be correct. Since her comment was not until after she retrieved the security details for the account, after I gave her the number.

Also, they style of box, collapsing 4-hinge flat box, made the empty nature self-evident. There were no markings inside or out, and no content inside.

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
What can be so nice about a bank?

Well, it started with the very fine Persian rug and what appeared to be genuine Louis XV baroque furniture in the reception area. If you know the firm, you know they cater to the very wealthy.

The member you know as "-5-" has been banned. We are actively watching the lists of attempted new members to make sure he does not return.

(game off)

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
OKAY now were getting somewhere, the first ring has been claimed by us!!! Well the winner that is.
Chill out people, when he is authorised to speak to us sometime after Monday, he reveal,
the word of power....if we are lucky.
and possibly some new info gleaned from his login at deep.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
there may have just been a logistics problem with the ring despatch meaning they need to build in a little delay, for us.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I think -5- is bluffing because if so much trouble has been gone through to hide the rings, there wouldnt have been instructions on where to find others. I think for the time being, need to solve the unsolved clues.

What was the design on the Persian carpet btw?

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
It seems deep.access has been cleaned

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Ok, remember people, the likelyhood that Simon actually went to a Coutts & Co. to get a sefety deposit box, is very unlikely. It's a game, and his last 3 posts have been part of that. Don't get hung up on the physical aspect of it, the point is, we are menat to be solving clues we alrady have.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
ok heres some thoughts
A. tjack has a good point i was gonna bring up until i read his post. in "the contents of the box" the word box could be refering to the safety deposit box and not the box u received. in that case as tjack said it would be obvious that the next clue is somewhere ON the box internally or exteranlly. are there any stamps or recepts or addresses or anything on the box? if so study them from all angles etc.

and

B. sorry that i have to point this out because im sure its been pointed out a million times b4 just im new and this was the first thing that hit my mind. uhhh HELLLOOOOOOO ring, incription to be decphyred......could this have ANYTHING to do with the lord of the rings series. if no one has realized this before than im suprised and maybe some clues could be withheld or relate to the series. if it has been and im pretty sure it has been than go ahead and spam away at wat an idiot i am

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
First things first...
Some questions for Simon:

1.) Would telling us the code you were told to get the box be of any help to us in solving something? Perhaps the RETRIEVAL CODE itself is a clue???
2.) Do you want us to find -5-?
3.) Who is controling deep.access, and who issued the "destroy" command? I'm assuming it's not you Simon, but one of the 4. (as far as the game is concerned anyway).

Other comments:

We CAN'T solve any of the clues we already have (the ones we haven't solved yet obviously) because deep.access has been cleansed and isn't answering to anything, no matter what you put in. It just spits out "The 'destroy' command has been issued and Deep.Access has been cleansed."

I think we have to wait till lil' traveling boy gets home so he can get his friggin ring so he can tell us the friggin word, which I think will "unlock" deep.access again for us to continue this search.

Far as I can tell, -5- is irrelevant, and the box is irrelevant... unless Simon either finds the "content" or discloses some info on the code or location he was supposed to use to retrieve it. (otherwise there's really no way of deriving any info or clues from the info we've been given).

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
This is indeed serious my dear Simon. Serious indeed.

I also see that Cromeline (-5-) has been banned and I can't see any posts from him. Have they all been deleted. Does anyone recall what he said before he was banned.

This could be very important. I'd say critical.

I'm here to help in whatever way I can.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join