It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Implicates North Korean Leader in Attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   

U.S. Implicates North Korean Leader in Attack

www.nytimes.com

A new American intelligence analysis of a deadly torpedo attack on a South Korean warship concludes that Kim Jong-il, the ailing leader of North Korea, must have authorized the torpedo assault, according to senior American officials who cautioned that the assessment was based on their sense of the political dynamics there rather than hard evidence.

The officials said they were increasingly convinced that Mr. Kim ordered the sinking of the ship, the Cheonan, to help secure the succession of his youngest son.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Isn't intelligence wonderful!

“We can’t say it is established fact,” said one senior American official who was involved in the highly classified assessment, based on information collected by many of the country’s 16 intelligence agencies. “But there is very little doubt, based on what we know about the current state of the North Korean leadership and the military.”

Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton will be in Beijing when the South Korean action is announced, leading a delegation of 200 American officials, including roughly half of the Obama administration’s cabinet, in an annual “strategic dialogue” with Chinese leaders on a variety of economic and political issues.

High level diplomatic action here!

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by plumranch

If you have gone through i have in my life, you would know that the americans are lying about this, the intelligence services are useless. They are wrong an unbelievable amount of times, so now we have to believe. yep right.

The anglo american empire has always lied trying to murder any target they want.

Do not think for one mo, that if the intelligence community came up with this, that it means they are smart, far from it.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Originally posted by plumranch

If you have gone through i have in my life, you would know that the americans are lying about this, the intelligence services are useless. They are wrong an unbelievable amount of times, so now we have to believe. yep right.

The anglo american empire has always lied trying to murder any target they want.

Do not think for one mo, that if the intelligence community came up with this, that it means they are smart, far from it.

You sir, or madame clearly don't understand the concept of sarcasm as evident by you talking what the OP said in a literal fashion, that said s/he was joking.

I find it vaguely hilarious that you call it the "anglo american" when that right there is essentially an oxymoron, anglo refers to germanic tribes not a melting pot, and as an american I take a personal affront to what you say about us because apparently in your mind we the people lied about what happened

we the people seem to have concocted some scheme that involved a sunken ship just so that we could lie about it and further our anglo american empire... P.S. that was sarcasm

Oh and also I forgot to mention, the intelligence division's that exist in america are never wrong, saying that they're wrong most of the time is foolish. You can say that they act outside the law, which is true. You can say that they are morally wrong in quite a bit of what they do, and that would also be true but to say that they are wrong when they are so very very good at what they do is simply foolish.

P.P.S. I dislike the CIA, NSA, Homeland Security, FBI, etc. just as much as the next guy, but really you kind of struck a nerve with your massively wrong generalization.

My response in reference to the article and not simply a posters reaction to the OP: This was almost a certainty from the get go, I would say that in all honesty it most likely was N. Korea that fired that torpedo but to simply state what is essentially them saying "We have no evidence but hey screw it they did it in the past it must be them now" is foolish and illogical on their part... what turbulent times we live in eh?

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
This just smells of "false flag" attack. Why would N.Korea do such a thing seeing as its obvious they could be caught doing so and get obliterated as a consequence.

N.Korea is being lined up for the firing squad.

War is good business, it also keeps the population of the world in a fear state.

The NWO is clever and devious and this is a classic NWO modus operandum.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Awolscout

Yeah and they were right about Sadam having WMD's too.
Maybe Iran really has nuclear power, maybe syria armed Hamas.

Lets bomb the lot to be sure......

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
When you look at the state of the global economy, you realise that it's on its last legs and there's not much else the elites can do to keep it patched over. So the last card they will play is a war, and a big one at that. How convenient that N korea just so happened to torpedo a S korean ship, sparking huge tensions and putting them on the brink of all out war. And the funniest thing is that N korea are denying it which is very much unlike them. The whole thing just stinks of false flag to me.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I haven't seen mentioned it anywhere but there is a Austrian report that the torpedo was a German one.
Original Report
Via Google translate
Did Germany sell thise type of torpedo's to North Korea? Not likely because of the many embargo's
Some suggest it was a false flag operation performed by Israel. They own several German submarines.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by Regenstorm]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
This should be settled the American way..

The govt investigates and comes to a conclusion.. in US courts this is an "allegation", so lets have an open fair televised trial with a random selection of 12 average Earth dwelling jurors... The defendant, North Korea, will be granted discovery, be allowed to present exculpatory evidence, cross examine experts.. and generally aggressively defend themselves.

All international disputes should be settled in a transparent & fair "World peoples court".. shouldn't the "word police" have to prove their case like other cops?..

Watching saddams defense team flush US war plans by shaming bush into a steaming pile of humiliated diaper pablum.. with a "not guilty" verdict on charges of possessing "WMD"..lol.. how sweet that would have been!!... Then again, bush would have already been reduced to an epic fail punch-line and forced into seclusion with bin ladens acquittal..lol

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I think they could've done it. Lil'IL will be lucky to be alive a month after big daddy is dead. Either a general will orchestrate a coup Post-Big'IL, or Big'IL will start the war before he dies. Just my two cents.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by virgom129
reply to post by Awolscout

Yeah and they were right about Sadam having WMD's too.
Maybe Iran really has nuclear power, maybe syria armed Hamas.

You completely missed the point of what I said, They did lie, after all I believe that I did in fact mention that they often lie and they often doing things outside the law and they often operate in a morally grey area.

But the question was "where they wrong?"

Short answer: NO

Long answer: Of course they weren't wrong, they knew exactly what they were doing, lying is an amazingly useful tool for manipulation, I mean tell the world that there's a bunch of gold on mars but we gotta blow it up first and a good 90% of humanity will be clambering for front row seats.

So they weren't wrong in lying about the WMD's in iraq, they knew there were none their, they knew how people would react, and they made the right move and said what they did.

Was it the morally right thing to do? No. Were they wrong in anyway? No. They weren't wrong about how people would react and they weren't wrong in how the UN would react, they're never wrong.

Second Iran does in fact have nuclear power, saying that they don't is just plain ignorant. However it's also ignorant to say that they have weapon's grade nuclear power which requires plutonium of at least, if I recall correctly, 80% processing. Iran only goes to 20% last time I checked which is the amount of depletion needed for medical grade plutonium.

but do they in fact have nuclear power? Yes they do.

As far as syria arming hamas, I mean really? I'm sure we sold them stuff, just like Im sure Korea did, and china did, and syria did. The blackmarket doesn't just come from america.

You seem to be thinking that I support american foreign policy, based off of your exaggerated amount of dots their. But you know what bombing doesn't solve anyone's problems, and neither does ignorance.

It isn't a black and white issue, it's a grey area, while nation's like Iran, Syria, Pakistan, Russia, China, and N. Korea are not always at fault even though the American media paint's it that way, and yes even though we do run black-ops more frequently than I think anyone would be able to believe, these country's aren't peachy keen, something that people on ATS don't seem to grasp a lot of the time, is that in all actuality these government's do want us dead, just like our government want's them dead.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
the torpedo attack was a false flag.

when NK is attacked or pushed to attack, many people will die. and maybe a few years later someone will debunk the whole incident like they did 9/11.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by virgom129

If they're "suspected" terrorists, they're dead meat already if we see a continuation of US military doctrine in these countries following on from Pakistan and Iraq.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by john124]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Analysts said Lee is considering taking military action against North Korea's provocative actions.

Hopefully it's not ``military action`` as in WAR... but more as in war games...

If this is in case WAR... prepare for a draft.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

The Khazars are parasites that kill for no reason. USS Liberty, Palestine, Dubai, 9/11. I wonder if they can take being killed since they dish it out so well. And don't tell me about holocaust, the only holocaust is the one they are begging for upon themselves as repercussion for their terrorism. Oh, and there is another holocaust to, I almost forget, the Palestinian holocaust. At least the Palestinians don't have to lie about their holocaust, we can testify to it everyday.

1. Khazars sink South Korean boat.
2. Khazars instruct US to blame North Korea.
3. Khazars force US troops in Asia.
4. Khazars provoke or attack Iran/Hezbollah
4. Khazars force US to push troops through Asian to attack Iran.

This conflict is a stepping stone, the Khazars want Persia. A direct confrontation isn't likely as simulations show. This is another Mossad footprint, they are so bloodthirsty that they couldn't wait for a minute after being caught using fake passports of their "allies". Thank you America for creating an unstoppable beast. When they attack America again, I hope you give them more money and weapons to do it better next time. When they plan to steal more money, I hope you give them more aid to steal and bribe more efficiently. All Americans are obligated to worship the Khazars, just like Arial Sharon asked of you. Get drafted and go die for them, you're a goy afterall. Oh and they're your friends, because they said so, it's not because of the aid and money and Zionist tentacles in Washington. It's not because of ignorant men willing to die for them by killing children in the Middle East. It's not because you don't question anything they do.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by TSawyer]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
They said Kim promoted a 3 star general to 4 star, days after the attack.. and that he was visiting with the submarine brigade squad the day after.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TSawyer

At least some people have their eyes open!
Indeed Khazars that present themselves as Jews.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by virgom129

To bad you probably won't see this but Iraq had WMDs. We had to make sure they were not found because explaining the made in America, Britain, France & Germany marks would have been hard to explain. Made good money off him though.
Not to show my age but a US ship off N. Vietnam helped to start that war for the US. What? You say that event never happened? We just believed what we were told?
Wow.

top topics

join