It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistanis, Indians clash in Kashmir, one dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Pakistanis, Indians clash in Kashmir, one dead

news.yahoo.com

ISLAMABAD (Reuters) – Indian forces fired across the de facto border in the disputed Himalayan region of Kashmir, killing a Pakistani soldier in the latest flare-up between the nuclear-armed rivals, the Pakistani army said on Sunday.
An Indian army spokesman said Indian forces had been fired at first.
Relations between the neighbors, who have fought three wars since 1947, went into a freeze after Pakistan-based militants attacked the Indian city of Mumbai in 2008, killing 166 people.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Things like this always tend to worry me a little more than some because both nations are clear holders of Nuclear weapons. I know they have had several smaller incidences over the past few years, but I figured this is something that has the potential to add to the ever growing chaos in the world, and worth watching.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53

you either post something that is useful to the thread or dont bother at all. grow up, thats a lame joke!

back to topic, india and pakistan will have to fight for kashmir sooner or later, they'll probably start when the ruling elites give them the signal.

i think war will start in NK/SK, escalate to the middle east and then world wide.

mod edit: removed quoted text

[edit on 23 May 2010 by Hellmutt]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
As has been reprted before this area is certainly highly charged and there is a full scale confrontation just waiting to happen.

The border is hotly contested by both India and Pakistan and they have often exchanged fire and there have been serious confrontations before.

Added to this China also contains parts of Kashmir and there is a large independance movement as well.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Volatile to say the least.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   

top topics

join