It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible IS The Word of God! No doubt about it!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Of course God can easily destroy the rebels and put a stop to the madness, but remember other creatures in heaven were also listening and watching this great universal drama. If Jehovah God destroyed them the question will still remain unanswered. The angels will think that the three rebels were right in their claim, if they were destroyed. God's reputation will be put into question for all times! Will anyone serve someone like that?

Think about this, if one of your family members accused you of being an unfit parent in front your family, relatives and neighbors what would you do? Getting rid of the accuser is not only a sign of weakness, injustice but also unloving. So in God's great love and wisdom, He allowed them to prove their challenged. Time was needed to pass to settle the issue once and for all. Thus mankind was allowed to form his own “government” (world) - whatever form it is, be it Monarchy, Oligarchy, Anarchy, Fascism, Nazism, Democratic, Communistic, Republic, etc. He was allowed to develop and advance his knowledge and most important of all, develop his own belief – that is, his own type of worship/“religion” - all of these independent of God. Now you know why man's government exists and why there are so many confusing forms of worship. Why God can't step in (yet) in man's affairs in spite of all the badness. (see Rom 13:1-4 and Eph 6:12)

Now you know why satan was able to offer the “kingdoms of the world” to Jesus at the night he tried to tempt him (Matthew 4:9). Because he has the legal claim to the “system of things (world)” - see Matthew 24:3. Jesus even calls him “the ruler of the world” (John 14:30). Yes the “world” of alienated mankind is under the control of this wicked angel known as Satan the Devil.

Like in a court, it's more than 6000 years now since the rebellion. The evidence has now been gathered and presented. Question: do you think man can successfully govern himself independent of God? Was/is satan right? The jury has already delivered their verdict and said: NO! Absolutely NOT TRUE!

In fact the Bible realistically says: “Man has dominated man to his injury.” (Ecclesiastes 8:9) Yes, many have dominated others by acting in a tyrannical and self-serving manner. Yes if left to go further man will finally destroy himself many times over. Man's problems and mistakes are beyond his control now.

Think of the killing fields of Cambodia, the inquisitions, Nazi concentration camps, WWI, WWII, ethnic cleansing, just to name a few.

The reality is mankind will need to be rescued from what is coming our way:

Matthew 24: 20-22
“Keep praying that YOUR flight may not occur in wintertime, nor on the sabbath day; for then there will be great tribulation such as has not occurred since the world’s beginning until now, no, nor will occur again. In fact, unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved; but on account of the chosen ones those days will be cut short.”

Thus for the sake of the obedient honest and good hearted mankind Jehovah God has provided a way out.
You're probably familiar with this scripture John 3:16

““For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life. “

For this, Jesus as King of God's heavenly government can rightly say “I am the way” to God (John 14:6).

Thus, all who become his true footstep followers (true Christians) are commanded to:

‘Therefore get out from among them, and separate yourselves,’ says Jehovah, ‘and quit touching the unclean thing’”; “‘and I will take YOU in.’” “‘And I shall be a father to YOU, and YOU will be sons and daughters to me,’ says Jehovah the Almighty.” —2 Corinthians 6:16-18.

Soon His Kingdom will “come” and will “put an end to all these kingdoms” along with the original slanderer (Matthew 6:9 and Dan 2:44, Rev 20:1,2).

The results? Consider these promises: (I'll just list a few)

ALL HUMANKIND AT PEACE—Isaiah 9:6, 7, Psalm 72:7, 8.

NO MORE WAR—Psalm 46:8, 9.

FINE HOMES AND ENJOYABLE WORK FOR EVERYONE—Isaiah 65:21-23.

CRIME, VIOLENCE AND WICKEDNESS GONE—Psalm 37:9, 10, Proverbs 2:22, Psalm 37:35-38.

ALL THE EARTH A PARADISE—Luke 23:43, Psalm 37:29.

PLENTY OF GOOD THINGS FOR ALL TO EAT—Isaiah 25:6, Psalm 72:16; 67:6.

A LOVING BROTHERHOOD OF ALL HUMANKIND —Acts 10:34, 35, Revelation 7:9, 16.

PEACE BETWEEN PEOPLE AND ANIMALS —Isaiah 11:6; Isaiah 65:25.

NO MORE SICKNESS, OLD AGE OR DEATH—Isaiah 35:5, 6, Revelation 21:3, 4.

THE DEAD ARE BROUGHT BACK TO LIFE—John 5:28, 29, Revelation 20:13.

Can you see now the Bible's OVERWHELMING SIGNIFICANCE TO MANKIND?

Will you take advantage of this provision? Or go along with the rest of mankind?

Then there's this, the story of Job expanded on the challenge further when satan questioned Job's loyalty to God. He accused amusingly the man Job of serving God because of selfish reasons. To prove his point he tried to coerce God himself into hurting and punishing this righteous man by taking all of his material things, his loved ones, by giving him a very painful sickness and remove His protection. God didn't want no part of it but instead allowed Satan to prove his challenged but to a certain point (Job chap 1).

Imagine that, what satan basically sadi: IF GIVEN A CHANCE HE CAN TURN ANY RIGHTEOUS PERSON ALIVE AGAINST JEHOVAH GOD both in a PERFECT (Adam/Eve & Jesus) and IMPERFECT state (mankind)!

Thus whether you believe it or not everyone is involved in this great universal issue. Happily there's a book that we can use to guide us in this trouble filled world. No other ancient book can do this not even can come close to it.

Why? Simply because it is truly the Word of God!

Side note:
The antiquity of the Bible also proves that it IS the Word of God in that ALL of the promises in times past were FULFILLED in GREAT Detail. A sure guaranty that ALL future promises WILL BE FULFILLED 100%!

Name a book (modern or ancient) that can accurately do this?

Thanks,
edmc^2

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

I don't doubt you, that's not it at all. What I want to know is which God wrote it? And are you talking about the Torah, the Holy Bible in all of it's variations, or the New Testament, which we now know was written by the Romans? See, you state something as a fact, and have no legs to stand on.

Fact one: The Bible is a collection of stories and myths from many places and many times before the Bible was written. Places such as the "Q" document, the "P" document, and the "Story of Adam and Eve," and of course the "Epic."

Fact two: There are many Gods in mankind's history, and many names for God. For instance, Allah and Yahweh.

You speak of it's "overwhelming importance to all mankind," and it's not important to me, and countless others at all. Some of us have actually read it, along with the Concordance, and the other Bibles, and we do not take quotes from here and there to prove a point like most Christians do.

I will agree there is a great deal of wisdom in there, and some good stories, and some sexy ones too. But the KJV Holy Bible is not by any means wholly true, nor is it the "word of God." The God I know does not write books, nor does he read them.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by edmc^2

I don't doubt you, that's not it at all. What I want to know is which God wrote it?

JHVH/YHWH known throughout the world as Jehovah and sometimes as Yahweh.

And are you talking about the Torah, the Holy Bible in all of it's variations, or the New Testament,

Of course the Holy Bible (66 books in all). To be precise, the Hebrew and Greek scriptures commonly known as "Old Testament and New Testament"
(some part were written in Aramic)

which we now know was written by the Romans?

Please provide evidence, I'de like to know why you believe that.

See, you state something as a fact, and have no legs to stand on.

Fact one: The Bible is a collection of stories and myths from many places and many times before the Bible was written. Places such as the "Q" document, the "P" document, and the "Story of Adam and Eve," and of course the "Epic."

Please provide evidence, I'de like to know why you believe that.

Btw, do you know if they already located this mysterious document called Q (Quelle)?

Fact two: There are many Gods in mankind's history, and many names for God. For instance, Allah and Yahweh.

So what's your point?

You speak of it's "overwhelming importance to all mankind," and it's not important to me, and countless others at all.

Sorry to hear that, but I hope you have an open mind.

Some of us have actually read it, along with the Concordance, and the other Bibles,

I'm glad to hear that, as you already probably know it's a source of great wisdom and hope in this bedarkened world. Do you agree?

and we do not take quotes from here and there to prove a point like most Christians do.

So how do you provide evidence and proof if you don't quote the Bible?
On my own, I'm nothing but the Holy Scriptures carry authority.

I will agree there is a great deal of wisdom in there, and some good stories, and some sexy ones too. But the KJV Holy Bible is not by any means wholly true, nor is it the "word of God." The God I know does not write books, nor does he read them.

I use different translations / versions of the Bible and once in a while I'll quote from the KJV.

As for your God, may I know who are you reffering to? Does he have name?

Thanks,
edmc^2

[edit on 1-6-2010 by edmc^2]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The Hebrews and Jews do not read scriptures as the word of God and they are the root of the Bible.

www.youtube.com...

God would not ask us to believe in talking animals and a water walking chimera half breed God who can die. That is not God like.

Google virgin birth and see where the Bible plaigiarized it's stories.

Regards
DL

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

These are the Scriptures that testify about me-John5.38

But the ministry Jesus has received is as superior to theirs as the covenant of which he is mediator is superior to the old one, and it is founded on better promises.-Heb8.6

The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.-Heb1.3

He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God.
-Rev19.13

For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to all men by raising him from the dead."-Acts17.31

The Scripture does not say "and to seeds," meaning many people, but "and to your seed," meaning one person, who is Christ.-Gal3.16

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

Thanks for providing the vid - it's a further confirmation of the accuracy of the Bible when dealing with History:

Like what I've already said: As an accurate historical work and one that penetrates the past to great depths, the Bible far surpasses all other books.

Consider the implications of historical artifacts that had been discovered and will still discover.

This means that the writer fo the Bible actually lived what he wrote. Not a "plagiarize" history as some believed. Thus it is 100% reliable and accurate.

Thanks,

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join