It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible IS The Word of God! No doubt about it!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by edmc^2

Well, we're still kinda waiting for your "proof". I mean, you're thread title is "The Bible IS the word of God! No doubt about it!"...which is kinda hilarious considering none of your posts prove the existence of God

Saying "the bible is the world of God, and God exists because we have the bible as proof" is one giant cycle jerk...but NOT proof of anything.

I mean, you have to be completely if you can't see how this isn't proof of anything :shk:

Interesting thinking there MrXYZ. So in your mind, because God does not exist, therefore the Bible as the Word of God does not exist. If that is the case, can you DISPROVE then the following:

Prophecy concerning the fall of Babylon to the Medes and Persians, specifically under a guy named Cyrus.

Prophecy: see 2 Chron. 36:23 Isa. 13:17-22; 44:28; 45:1, 2;Jer. 50:35-46; 51:37-43

Fulfilled 200 years later - see Dan. 5:22-31;

What the Bible says about these or any other places, people, or events is historically accurate in every detail. Do you agree or do you have any doubt?

Egyptian King Shishak (1Ki 14:25; 2Ch 12:2);
Assyrians Tiglath-pileser III and Sennacherib (2Ki 15:29; 16:7; 18:13);

The Roman emperors Augustus, Tiberius, and Claudius (Lu 2:1; 3:1; Ac 18:2);

Romans such as Pilate, Felix, and Festus (Ac 4:27; 23:26; 24:27);

Nor what it says about the temple of Artemis at Ephesus and the Areopagus at Athens (Ac 19:35; 17:19-34).

Please let us know if you can even fathom how the writers of the Bible know in advance the things that will take place 200 years later?

I hope that since the Bible said these things, that in your point of view they didn't happen or don't exist. Please provide evidence - you know as they say - talk is cheap. Please do provide an intelligent rebuttal.

Thanks,
edmc^2

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Here's another for you to disprove:
If the Bible is not the word of God - How and where did the Bible writer got his inforamtion about the sequence of creation.

So to summarize the sequence of the creative 'day':

1)Planets, sun moon stars already existed (created) billions and billions of years.
2)Watery earth was formless.
3)Preparation for earth to be inhabited.
Day 1: Light (of some sort) came to be on a formless watery earth.
Day 2: Separation between waters above and waters below, expanse (sky) appeared.
Day 3: Dry land, vegetation, organism appeared and water basins formed (seas).
Day 4: Lights from the luminaries became discernible from earth. Days and seasons.
Day 5: Animals of every sort appeared; fish, flying creatures, sea monsters – dinosours.
Day 6: More animals -wild and domestic and finally man was created.
Day 7: Creation stopped.

Now, here's what science say about the mathematical probability of the Genesis creation account - proof that it must have come from a source with knowledge of the events. The account lists 10 major stages in this order:

(1) A beginning.
(2) A primitive earth in darkness and enshrouded in heavy gases and water.
(3) Light.
(4) An expanse or atmosphere.
(5) Large areas of dry land.
(6) land plants.
(7) sun, moon and stars discernible in the expanse, and seasons beginning.
(8) sea monsters and flying creatures.
(9) wild and tame beasts, mammals.
(10) man.

Can you please tell us what is the probabiltiy of someone long time ago getting the right sequence of events. Please provide the number and let us know how it is possible?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth
No liluti Bullcrap those links are flawed and grossly incorrect. Thta's another thread in and of itself.

It's bull.

How so? Please explain.

And by the way I am not your boy, your girl, or your friend so stop with that crap and please do not send me any more PMs.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by Lilitu]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jagdflieger
Wow! Nothing kills a thread faster than moving it from ATS to BTS.

I was wondering about that too? For such a topic with importance I don't know why the MODS moved it to BTS - hidden agenda maybe? I dunno.

Hi Lilitu,
Are you still subscribing to the lies posted on the sites you've provided?
I suggest you stay away from it or you'll get (as they here at ATS/BTS) punked!

Thanks,
edmc^2

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

Of course there are descriptions of places and people in the bible...those people existed when the bible was written by MEN. The bible was written over hundreds of years, translated, retranslated, and modified dozens, maybe hundreds of times.

As for how whoever wrote the bible came up with his creationist theory? How did the author came up with Harry Potter? How did GR come up with Star Trek even though we can't do 90% of the things that go on in the movies/series?

Simple: WE MAKE THEM UP!! Just like a lot of the information in the bible is completely made up.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

How is that sequence of creation anything like the sequence of events that occurred to create the universe or even our solar system?

"Light" was not created after the Earth...

In any event, the Bible is not proof of God even though God may exist. In many ways the the Bible's closest comparison is "Children's and Household Tales" by the Brothers Grimm.

Okay, you may be upset reading that but I use that analogy because of the way the 2 books were produced.

Each book is assumed to be specifically authored, by God and by the Brother's Grimm respectively. However, each represents a collection of stories written over a period of time and none of which were written at the time of there supposed occurrence. Both books portray wisdom and teaching, Grimm's collections are folk stories providing folk tales with moral lessons, the Bible does the same.

This is not to denigrate the Bible or the message it provides, it really isn't, but the Bible itself is NOT proof of God. The statements that you provide to declare that proof are either incorrect or invalid in terms of 'proof'.

Before you go off the deep end, I believe in a supreme entity! I believe in God although admittedly, not the Christian version.

I have no problem with other people having a different faith, but to bleat on about proof about the unknown is nonsense. What makes this worse is the ego of humanity - that a book is taken as proof of God rather than creation itself. Look around, look at the trees, look at the stars, look at the birds and the bees. To use the Bible as the proof of God is offensive in many respects and yet you can't even see it.

Creation occurred, we are here, marvel at it and understand that it is discernible, we can learn about it using the gifts that we have been given, to take that away by referring to a book that was written when the other side of the world wasn't even imagined let alone known about is a nonsense.

What is the ego of humanity that a book proves God and elevates mankind to the hierarchical pinnacle when the natural world about us does it so much better. Do you not see the futility in looking for the proof of God in a book? Really?

Think of a child, locked in a Library of Congress from their birth, with all the books in the world to read and learn from. What can they know of creation when they never step outside and feel grass beneath their feet, when they never feel the wind upon their face and the sun upon their skin.

Put the Bible down and look for your answers in the world around you. Listen without prejudice and the world will speak directly to you. God isn't in a book, never has been, never will be, there is no proof of God in a book.

[FIN]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by edmc^2
Thus, it appears that the ratio of three to one (that is, the circumference being three times the diameter) was a customary way of stating matters, intended to be understood as only approximate.

Oh I agree it was indeed customary based on the means of measurement and that would be fine if it was any old bronze age book. In this case it is a book which is claimed to be the infalable inspired word of god and the fact that the circumference given for the molten sea is false matters.

Consider these findings also:

Cubit: A linear measure roughly corresponding to the distance from the elbow to the tip of the middle finger. (De 3:11) There are indications that the Israelites commonly used a cubit of about 44.5 cm (17.5 in.), The Siloam Inscription, for instance, gives 1,200 cubits as the length of the water tunnel built by King Hezekiah. According to modern measurements, this tunnel is 533 m (1,749 ft) long. Thus, when taken at face value, these figures yield a cubit of 44.4 cm (17.49 in.). Also, numerous buildings and enclosures excavated in Palestine can be measured in whole numbers of this unit, giving further basis for reckoning the cubit at about 44.5 cm (17.5 in.).

This basically amounts to a red herring. The mathematical properties of a circle are independent of the units used in measurement. The given circumference of the molten sea is impossible. It is false.

Regarding Ezekiel 20:25, I agree the author took it out of context. But I cannot help but notice you cherry picked problems from the links I posted thus ignoring the other counting errors.

But this not just a “court”, we are dealing with a much higher being – you’ve just been used to accused God of lying by spreading someone’s lies. You should think carefully about this before you provide any link.

I am not the least bit intimidated by your imaginary friend. What's wrong? You don't want me posting links which raise serious questions about your misplaced faith? Try another fear tactic why don't ya!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Maybe you're lucky and the true god is one from some random tribe in Papua New Guinea

Who knows if there's a god, and if there is one, which one's the right one. Maybe Thor was the right one. Imagine the face of Christians if suddenly Thor shows up screaming "hammer time!!"

Either way, so far we don't have the slightest proof or evidence for his/her/its existence...so fear mongering is merely entertaining for it's comedic value.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Since I cannot 'star' you MrXYZ, I award you a thumbs up for that post. Actually, Thor is probably a better manifestation of some of the attributes of God than the new testament representation.

See you in Valhalla!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

In your reply quoting fulfilled Biblical prophecies, you forgot to reference probably the most important one of all: Daniel 9:21-27 (or the 70 Weeks of Daniel). This prophecy predicts the date of the coming of Jesus: Here is a link if you are interested:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

And you did not mention the subject of Melchisedech (or Melchizedek).

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jagdflieger
reply to post by edmc^2

In your reply quoting fulfilled Biblical prophecies, you forgot to reference probably the most important one of all: Daniel 9:21-27 (or the 70 Weeks of Daniel). This prophecy predicts the date of the coming of Jesus: Here is a link if you are interested:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

And you did not mention the subject of Melchisedech (or Melchizedek).

Yes, the link leading to belowtopsecret...where all the "special" information goes

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   

reply to post by edmc^2

...As for how whoever wrote the bible came up with his creationist theory? How did the author came up with Harry Potter? How did GR come up with Star Trek even though we can't do 90% of the things that go on in the movies/series?

Simple: WE MAKE THEM UP!! Just like a lot of the information in the bible is completely made up.

So are you agreeing then that writers of the Bible knew and were correct in the way they wrote about the Creation event? Now if they JUST MADE IT UP as you confidently say, how did they come up with the CORRECT sequence of events? While it took us in the modern era guided by scientific knowledge, knowhow and instruments to figure this out! I’m sure they didn’t have any space shuttle back in the Bible times or a Hubble telescope to peer thru the universe, nor geological, botanical instruments, yet their descriptions are scientifically accurate. If you studied mathematical probability, do you know how long it will take to get the right sequence of events? How many times do you think did the bible writer “GUESSED” the following events correctly.

(1) A beginning.
(2) A primitive earth in darkness and enshrouded in heavy gases and water.
(3) Light.
(4) An expanse or atmosphere.
(5) Large areas of dry land.
(6) land plants.
(7) sun, moon and stars discernible in the expanse, and seasons beginning.
(8) sea monsters and flying creatures.
(9) wild and tame beasts, mammals.
(10) man.

Well it’s the same as if you picked at random the numbers 1 to 10 from a box, and drew them in consecutive order. The chances of doing this on your first try are 1 in 3,628,800!

How old do you think the bible writer will be in order to arrive at the proper sequence!

So, to say the writer just “MADE IT UP” to list the foregoing events in the right order without getting the facts from somewhere is not realistic! It’s bordering on ignorance if not unreality.

Here’s another:

Job 40:22-23:

“There is One who is dwelling above the circle of the earth, the dwellers in which are as grasshoppers, the One who is stretching out the heavens just as a fine gauze, who spreads them out like a tent in which to dwell”

Check out the view of the universe:
www.nasa.gov...

Notice, the Hebrew word chugh, translated “circle,” can also mean “sphere,” as such reference works as Davidson’s Analytical Hebrew and Chaldee Lexicon show. Other translations, therefore, say “the globe of the earth” (Douay Version), and “the round earth.” (Moffatt) Thus the Bible was not influenced by the erroneous, flat-earth view prevalent when it was written. It was accurate.

Again where did the Bible writer get his information? Did he “MADE IT UP”? Do you suppose he had a space ship to look at the round earth? Btw, when did we discover that the earth was “round”?

Consider this too please: when the Bible was being written, there was speculation regarding how the earth was held in space. Some, for example, believed that the earth was supported by four elephants standing on a big sea turtle. Yet rather than reflect the fanciful, unscientific views existing at its time of writing, the Bible simply stated:

“[God] is stretching out the north over the empty place, hanging the earth upon nothing.” (Job 26:7)” Any idea when was this written and when did we discover that the earth has no visible support, a fact that is in harmony with the more recently understood laws of gravity and motion.

Again where did the writer get this scientifically accurate information?
Do you know the answer? – Let me guessed the writer just made it up of course.

My MrXYZ – just because something doesn’t not seem possible to us doesn’t necessarily mean that it doesn’t exist or else everything will just be a “GUESSE” I supposed.

Now do you still doubt that the Bible is not the Word of God? I can show you more evidence.

Thanks,
Edmc^2

P.S. can you please stay focus on the subject - I notice you're now including mythical beings - subject is Bible.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Lilitu

Like what I said Lilitu, I randomly pick from the list. Name one or two or as many as you want. I'll research them as time allows and come back with a reply.

Question is - If I prove them wrong and indeed show you that the Bible is the word of God will u believe?

btw, din't mean to scare you, just a frienly reminder.

Thanks,
edmc^2

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

Well, in my opinion God is a mythical creature like a unique-horn or an elf.

The sequence of events as you (or the bible) state them don't correspond with what we know about how the universe expanded, or how the earth was created. Science knows how planets are created.

As for people in the bible knowing the earth is a sphere...could be anything from a lucky guess, to a wrong or out of context translation. Either way, afaik there is no passage in the bible that claims the earth is a sphere...and even if it did, considering all the other contradictions in the bible, it could be pure coincidence. Even a blind chicken finds a piece of corn sometimes

So no, sorry, I don't accept the bible is the word of God. Mostly because there's no proof for his/her/its existence.

Oh, and FYI, earth is supported...it's called gravity.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by MrXYZ]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

reply to post by edmc^2

Well, in my opinion God is a mythical creature like a unique-horn or an elf.

pretty much what I see in all your replies - just opinions, no solid evidence to back it up! I also notice no direct rebuttal to my evidence - I wonder why?
But here's your chance.

You said this:

The sequence of events as you (or the bible) state them don't correspond with what we know about how the universe expanded, or how the earth was created. Science knows how planets are created.

Tell us then what science says how the earth was created?

So no, sorry, I don't accept the bible is the word of God. Mostly because there's no proof for his/her/its existence.

Oh well your lost not mine.

Oh, and FYI, earth is supported...it's called gravity.

I don't gamble but B.I.N.G.O! you got the point.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

LOL @ calling gravity bingo

I really don't get how you can criticize evolution, yet your own theory has zero evidence. None of the points you are trying to make have any scientific backing.

Wanna know how the universe was created and why your timeline is seriously flawed?

There you go:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

reply to post by Lilitu

Like what I said Lilitu, I randomly pick from the list. Name one or two or as many as you want. I'll research them as time allows and come back with a reply.

All the items listed under Mathematics here.

Question is - If I prove them wrong and indeed show you that the Bible is the word of God will u believe?

No. Even if there were no contradictions or logical fallacies (shall we go there next?) in the bible you would still need to convince this psychologist that the god of the bible is not completely insane (the books of the bible are quite obviously authored by schizophrenics, epileptics, etc.). Furthermore as a scientist, I will not settle for anything less than empirical evidence which you do not have.

btw, din't mean to scare you, just a frienly reminder.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
So you are taking a lot of metaphorically written scripture that anyone can interpret in many different ways and applying it to events that you are saying the bible predicted? Anyone can pick any flowery written piece of literature and find a way to correlate it to any historical or current event.

I don't think you have convinced one person on this board who isn't already a bible believer.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   

If you believe that it is not.

Then please consider the following facts and present your rebuttal.

sure, ok.

1.Its antiquity.

antiquity? can you prove time exists, and what it is?

2.Its total circulation.

you are liar! Total circulation? i never read it, thus: No total circulation.
now you are zero for two, and you have committed a sin, you lied.

3.The number of languages into which it has been translated.

Uh, don't you mean the languages that were created, and owned by the organized religions, and nobility? They held a monopoly on the languages writing and reading for generations. commoners were not too literate. Religions broke up people into more diverse and managable resources by manipulating their etymological development.
religions = social engineering, can't debunk that fact.

moving along ...

2.It stands on its own merits, giving credit to its unique Author.

really? Do you know who the author is?
let's start with the requirements to comply with the bible, the ten commandments (not that we saw the originals, first thing moses did was broke all of them)

who said the ten commandments?
"SAY TEN", pronounced: SATAN

*like sin city is: Loss Vague Guess = Las Vegas (gambling=vague guess)

need any more examples?

let's look at that first rule, your satan gives us:
I am god, you will have no god before me

an atheist is not only one who does not believe in god, an althiest is also one who subscribes to the belief that no superior being exists, and subscribes to no "power" greater than themselves.

whomever (satan) wrote the first commandment is a self proclaimed atheist.

So, here is the cliff notes of your bible:

ten commandments author = god
god = altheist
jesus = god manifested into man
christian = one who is like christ, like god, like an atheist.

so the whole of the bible's teachings is to take atheists and convert them into people who want to be atheist, while decieving them into believeing, and spreading lies, like you have here.

pacifist = pass a fist (i'm too holy to fight)

three trees up high on a hill
three souls blood does spill

we have stood in rank with angelic faces
we have done battle in the darkest of places

either we do or we do not exist
but if we had we surely have kissed
any and all we may have missed
lest the true powers be pissed

if a challenge is thrown our way to test
damn well believe: we bring our very best
to see who was wounded by their foul nest

the following phrases are made of the same ingredients:

the great pyramid
tetrahedra gym pi .......(tetrahedron = shape of pyramid)

patrick stewart ........... (actor who played Star Trek Capt)
Star Trek Capt Wi

whistle blowers
be with roswell

planet earth
eternal path

Messiahs' Summed Mojo
Moses Jesus Mohammid

Gee, Words Hi!
where god is

[edit on 25-5-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

I am not a Christian by any means but what is the point to these anagrams?

-Kyo

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join