It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible IS The Word of God! No doubt about it!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I can't tell you which religions hold water (if any) and which don't (if any). I can however point to things such as the council of nicea, the crusades and thousands of other incidents that take away from the credibility of mainstream christianity, among other religions.

You can not prove without a doubt that the Bible is the word of God, that God exists, or that it was written by anything other than normal, average men.

I am very spiritual/religious/whatever floats your boat, but I can not go around telling others what the truth is without knowing. There are religious books that have existed MUCH MUCH longer than the Bible. Their influence can be felt all over the world and many have influenced the very people who created your Bible.

Look into Buddhism, Jainism, Hinduism and many other Eastern religions that predate Christianity by THOUSANDS of years and tell me the Bible seems so extraordinary.

the "predictions" fall under the same category as those of Nostradamus. All of the Bible's predictions that have "come to fruition" are vague and could be molded to whatever context the reader wishes to fit them. I'm not trying to knock you or your faith, just your attitude. The simple fact is you KNOW NOTHING, just like the rest of us. I respect FAITH, and wish you well into the future; but you can't run around trying to tell us you KNOW something like this without looking like a televangelist.
[edit on 23-5-2010 by Shark VA84]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I don't know about you, but I took the OP as sarcasm! He was just bringing out the absurdity of arguments like this, tongue and cheek. Good one OP, you had a lot of people actually thinking you were serious.

Oh, and I have read it all, and once I did, I was shocked. I grew up religious, and never was exposed to the straight dope as they say. Bible O.D. Kids, if you want to stay Christiany, don't read that thing straight through, especially, ALONE!

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by AABacon

jeebus, I'm suffering from ATS syndrome. I can't even detect sarcasm anymore. If this is indeed sarcasm, bravo, you definitely had me going as is obvious by my above post.

thanks for bringing this up Bacon, I probably would have missed it all together. You spend so much time battling the forces of community-induced retardation that you lose sight of the funny stuff.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by AABacon

I feel u bro if u grew up with it and really read it it may change u good reply

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
The way I see it is:

1. Create a religion that strongly encourages you to have a copy of the sacred book

2. The religions popularity increases and as a result distribution of the sacred book increases.

3. Use the widespread distribution of the book as proof of the religions legitimacy.

I would like to point out the so called harmony in the Bible was created by omitting gospels which contradicted the others or went against the prevailing view of the day. Even as it is now, there are still hundreds of contradictions in the Bible.

In addition the Bible is also is the worlds least read best seller. The majority of Bible owners will never read the book in it's entirety. Many will never read any of it. Its more or less a religious symbol to many much like the cross. Something to carry with you to church and have on the coffee table at home to show that you are a Christian.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Dear All,

What is common message brought by all prophets & messenger of Allmight Lord? From Adam, Noah, Ibrahim,Ishaq, Ismaile, Jocub, Joseph, Mosses, Jesus & Mohammed (Peace be upon them all).

Any guess?

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by edmc^2
No other book took so long to complete it. A period of some 1,610 years was involved in producing the Bible. Yet when put together as ONE book – there's harmony. Who else can produce such a book if it's not guided by God?

The bible is a collection of texts. Man decided which of those texts should form the bible that we now have today. There are a number of other religious texts, which could have been used to make up the bible (some containing the words of Jesus) but for some reason, they have been left out.

Practicality: The Bible’s teachings, examples, and doctrines are most practical for modern man.

Not all Christians follow the same doctrines, therefore if the bible is the complete word of God, then why is there such division among the Christians?

The Bible IS The Word of God! No doubt about it

The bible is the word of God but it is also the words of men.

- JC

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Shark VA84

Well, if the OP is a Poe, then he takes his homework very seriously, as his favourite sites are watchtower.org and Jehovah's Witness News.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Abuaisha

Bismallah Ar-Rahman Ar-Rahim, I do not know. Best I can figure it is to just live your life in service of others. To be humble and respectful for what you have. To not want, to not hate, to just live content with every moment.

I'm interested to hear your take though....and it is?

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Y'know, Word Of God, I've always wondered why God had a language to begin with. Supposedly, according to your infallible story, he was all alone until he created automitons to interact with. If he was all alone then what did he need a language for? There was nobody for him to talk to. If the recorded chronology had God creating language AFTER he had created other beings to actually speak to, then the story would get some credit from me. But, no, right out of the gate God is supposed to have said, "Let there be light", when there was nobody there to hear him and and no one who could have obeyed his command. The Bible's full of goofy stuff like that. Fab literature it may be, at least in some peoples' eyes, but it's many logical failings and philosophical contridictions will always relegate the book in the pile of Nice Trys at my house.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Peace be upon the follower of the truth,

Dear All,

Did anyone of you have ever read Quran - English translation?

Atleast try for once and hope our Lord willing you all guys will get the answers for your doubt.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Me neither, In all the years I have been in ATS when it comes to religious threads promoting Bible and preaching when I take as sarcasm is no always so.

Trust me I actually debate about looking on the sarcasm of this one and decided to take it seriously just for the time being.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Religion is a major reason why were are not yet a civilised society. Who needs it? Weak minded individuals DUH!

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Our Allmighty Lord Allah mentioned in His final revelation, the Qur'an: Say (O Muslims), "We believe in Allâh and that which has been sent down to us and that which has been sent down to Ibrâhim (Abraham), Ismâ'il (Ishmael), Ishâque (Isaac), Ya'qûb (Jacob), and to Al-Asbât [the twelve sons of Ya'qûb (Jacob)], and that which has been given to Mûsa (Moses) and 'Iesa (Jesus), and that which has been given to the prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and to Him we have submitted (in Islâm)." [Qur'an, 2:136]

And, "He (Allah) has ordained for you the same religion (Islam) which He ordained for Nûh (Noah), and that which We have inspired in you (O Muhammad), and that which We ordained for Ibrahîm (Abraham), Mûsa (Moses) and 'Iesa (Jesus) saying you should establish religion (i.e. to do what it orders you to do practically), and make no divisions in it (religion) (i.e. various sects in religion). Intolerable for the Mushrikûn (polytheists) , is that to which you (O Muhammad) call them. Allah chooses for Himself whom He wills, and guides unto Himself who turns to Him in repentance and in obedience. [Qur'an, 42:13]

Allmightly Lord (Allah) sent Prophets and Messengers to every generation to guide mannkind astraight, away from polytheistic and pagan disbelief, returning back to the straight path, that of worshipping God alone and establishing the laws of the Creator and his Prophets and Messengers, in order to bring about an upright and moral society 'divinely guided' by the Perfect One.

In short there message was the same, their religion, one religion, that of Islam - the submission to Allah (the One true God) alone.

Concept of God

Al-Qur'an 112:1-4
Deuteronomy 6:4
Mark 12:29

Shirk – Biggest Sin

Al-Qur'an 4:48
Al-Qur'an 4:116
Exodus 20:2-5
Deuteronomy 5:7-9

Jesus (pbuh) not God. He never claimed Divinity

Al-Qur'an 5:72
John 14:28
John 10:29
Mathew 12:28
Luke 11:20
John 5:30
Acts 2:21

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Dear I don't believe in Allah and Mohamed anymore than I believe in God and Jesus, they all man made to oppress the population that willingly and forcibly follow them so those on the top of the religious food chain can feed on the masses.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Must admit i preferd Star Wars Episde 3, revenge of the sith novel

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
The OP is wrong. He hasn’t “proven” anything by just making assertions.

There are scriptures way older than the Bible. And more accurate than it is. Just the fact that it has went through so many different hands for so long a period means it is bound to have changes and distortions in it.

As well the other scriptures older and more reliable are in the original language of the people who the scripture was given to.

The Bible, the very word, I am sure Jesus never spoke. It is a Greek word that means the books. Jesus spoke Aramaic. The people around Jesus didn’t speak Greek.

What about the Council of Nicea where they arbitrarily or for doctrinal reasons throw out many gospels they didn’t like such as the Arian CHRISTIANS WHO DIDN’T BELIVE IN THE DIVINITY OF CHRIST.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by inforeal]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Thank you for the reply. It is nice to see a well-educated religious brother or sister on here speaking without speaking down to.

I must admit, I am a novice when it comes to Islam. I have spent a good amount of time studying, taking university courses and contemplating the many different religions of the world, but Islam takes a lot of dedication to understand its full impact and ideology.

Thank you for breaking off a brother off with some knowledge, I wish you well into the future my friend. Salaam.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Hmm, Any chance emc2, wiredamerican and randyvs might be the same person or related in some way? emc2 posts at 5:36, the first response is wired at 5:42 then randy at 5:44? Less than 8 minutes since a new thread and the first two responders are loading the deck with praise for the absolute and irrefutable brilliance of the original post!

The bible is not an original or competent work. Much of the content is based on preexisting stories. It has no spiritual substance to it. It is famous because it has been marketed to be so.

People are welcome to believe it and follow it. But, it has nothing to do with the true salvation of your soul. It has everything to do with misleading and manipulating.

If you had any real love, faith or familiarity with the True Supreme Being, you would know such a promotional effort is, in fact and insult to the True Lord. The Lord is all merciful and entirely in charge and has no need whatsoever for your promotional efforts. Nor, is the creation broken needing you to herald a cure. Yes, many people like the writings of pedophiles, devil worshipers and marketing scammers. People are in such conditions as to be easily lead and manipulated by such things. If it comforts then, fine. But salvation they will never find in it's pages nor in the houses of people who think this is spirituality and true religion.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Abuaisha
Peace be upon the follower of the truth,

Dear All,

Did anyone of you have ever read Quran - English translation?

Atleast try for once and hope our Lord willing you all guys will get the answers for your doubt.

It isn't doubt what most Posters here have, it's called "WISDOM"
And that can only come from the "self"

But, like many, feel free to take out a fire insurance just incase

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join