It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible IS The Word of God! No doubt about it!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone

The fact that God created the heavens and the earth, if the moon was any closer or farther, the eclipses would not be as perfect as they are, nor if the earth was tilted differently, we would not have the 4 perfect seasons that we do.

You do realize that the Moon was once closer to Earth don't you? That it didn't create a perfect eclipse? You do realize the Moon is moving slowly away from Earth each year and the in the future, the Moon will not create a perfect eclipse?

It is only in our current era that the Moon creates the perfect eclipse! This has NOTHING to do with a god - and if anything, shows a short sightedness on your behalf.

So how does this cause the Moon to recede from Earth? The tidal bulges produced on Earth by the Moon are not centered at the point on Earth's surface directly below the Moon, but are shifted ahead of the Moon because of Earth's faster spin rate. The gravitational force of the excess mass in this displaced bulge pulls on the Moon, slightly increasing its orbital velocity. In the 1600s, Johannes Kepler showed that when an object's orbital velocity increases, its orbital radius will expand; thus, the Moon slowly recedes from Earth.

Source

Also, it's important to note that the Earth used to spin much faster... around 27 hr days... but the tidal lock of the Moon slowed it down. Further proof that things have not always been the way you are experiencing them today.

I'm sorry but the facts you allude to in your post are not facts at all. A small amount of research would have revealed this to you!

IRM

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Prophet Jesus peace be upon him said: You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free” (John 8:32).

1 God 1 Religion.

www....(nolink)/?tmiwyzxn1mw

www....(nolink)/?zlyznynw4dd

The most authentic Gosphel...

Gosphel of Barnabas.

www.answering-christianity.com...

Regards,

May peace be upon you all.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

No doubt, ey?

Well, whose "doubts" are we talking about here? Yours?
In that case, you are most probably right.

But for me personally, I coulnd't disagree more with the OP.

Throughout my life, I've been checking the Bible. I've been to church more times than I remember and I still go whenever some Chrisitan person in my circle of friends and family get married or at a funeral...so I am no stranger to your religion.

By that, I'd like to express what my "doubts" tell me:

The Bible is straight out boring and badly written.

The whole thing is an insult towards God, of which I think Christians know veeery little of.

There, I said it.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I'm gonna assume that edmc^2 is trolling cause no one can be this stupid.

[edit on 23/5/10 by Edews]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

Scientific accuracy, facts, practicality, integrity, and fulfilled prophecies (which ones would those be????) shouldn't be words used in relation with the bible.

Are you seriously claiming the literal interpretation of the bible is scientifically accurate and based on facts???

Either way, nothing you posted PROVES the existence of God. Given that, you also don't prove that the bible is the world of God. You BELIEVE the bible to be the world of God...that's called FAITH, and not scientifically accurate facts.

Having said that, it's obviously an important book since so many people BELIEVE in it. But saying it's a factual book, or claiming that it proves the existence of God is hogwash.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by MrXYZ]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Loken68

I'm sorry to say this, but I don't think you know what evolution, or scientific method in general, is.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Loken68

If you choose to live by Levitical law then yes you have to become a Jew and follow the full law. Says so right there in the book. But I'm guessing you didn't check, did you? No you didn't your just looking for controversy like so many others.

You are mistaken. I am not looking for controversy, but when I see it I take note of it- and I do not not brush it off and ignore it like you might. You see, I am not blinded by my faith.

I did look up Levitical law- These are instructions and codes to live by that God had given unto his people- the people of Israel. So, are you telling me that these laws only count for Israelites? If so, the Bible does not concern any Christian- because the majority of the laws provided within it are not meant for anyone but Israelites....

Answer me this- If your genealogy is traced from your fathers side, how would this work then? My father is Israeli, I do not know if he is Jewish because I have never met him. He had an affair with my mother while he was married and had a family in Israel. So, I am an illegitimate child of an Israeli man. According to biblical or Levitical law- I am not allowed to worship God- for I am an abomination in the eyes of God.

I did not choose my parents actions- and neither did many other illegitimate children of Israel. Yet, they are punished for the sins of their parents.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by 30_seconds

"Christians believe that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil curse from your soul that is present in humanity because a woman made from a rib was convinced by a talking snake to eat mind-expanding fruit from a magical tree."

That's a classic.

Here's another one:

[S]omeone who believes that a guy fathered himself in order to send himself to earth in order to kill himself in order to appease himself for the very sins to which he himself convicted mankind as retribution for having fallen for a trick effected through the agency of a TALKING SNAKE, doesn't get to call other people's beliefs "ridiculous". I'm sorry, you don't get to laugh at Buddhists and Mormons and Scientologists anymore.

Swear word warning.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Son of Will

All these things your mention as being wrong is God simply insuring his breeding program was working properly.

If he had not have ordered David and the Isrealites to kill certain tribes off it would have infected the human race with the DNA that was unwanted in the Messiah. Then the Messiah came forth from the correct bloodline.

You people that talk about the killing God did have NO idea what it was all really about. You all just repeat other folks because you think it sounds right.
What a shame you all ignorant as all get out on a site that supposedly refutes it.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jeanvaljean

That whole thing about Avatar being demonic....

Typical of their kind to label anything non-human demonic- even though it advocates peace, respect for nature and true spirituality.

Just typical.

Ditto to the last comment- " Dayem!"

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by firegoggles

Then the Messiah came forth from the correct bloodline.

Please explain....

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

Ya it's called faith. You wouldn't understand anything about it.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I also lean in the direction that it is the word of god or was.

However

There are no surviving originals of the bible. All we have are copies that have been revised around every one hundred years for the last 2000 years.

And as for originality if you take the time to study ancient Sumerian and Egyptian religions you would be surprised how much less the bible seems to be "original"in its stories it tells.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
By the way folks...

The only claim the bible makes about proving that God exists is a short scripture that says that the "heavens declare the Glory of God..."

So according to the bible the proof we need for the existance of God is in space.

If we prove there must be a creator then we will be able to justify the written word to the person.

To do that you must meet the person God for your own self.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by firegoggles
reply to post by Son of Will

If he had not have ordered David and the Isrealites to kill certain tribes off it would have infected the human race with the DNA that was unwanted in the Messiah. Then the Messiah came forth from the correct bloodline.

So in essence, genocide is a good thing if it allows for the Messiah to be of the "correct bloodline"....riiiiiight

Why does that sound so familiar. Kill people that aren't as you like them either in looks or belief...mhhhhhh, oh yeah, Hitler, Bin Laden, the KKK...not to mention the inquisition and the holy crusade...

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Looks like everyone else has covered their bases in this debate, but there is something I'd like to add. The Old Testament is not a Christian book, just because a bunch of non-isrealites decided to print it with their Gospel. So I really don't think it is fair to use as a Christian device.

The New Testament has very little historical validity, especially considering the fact that there is no historical record of Jesus' existence whatsoever, and Jesus happened to be a pretty common name back then. The trial with Jesus before Pontius Pilate, his crucifixion or resurrection-- none of it is documented, and the Romans kept a lot of records. The oldest copy of any New Testament texts were not discovered until sixty years after Christ's death, and were written with an obvious bias, so it is difficult to consider them factual. I would be a lot more open minded about this if at least ONE historian that lived during Christ's time had written of him.

You can't throw in all of the fulfilled prophecies and historical validity of the Old Testament in with Christianity, because those scriptures belong to the Jews, and they don't believe in Jesus. So The Old Testament is irrelevant, and The New Testament has very little evidence to support its fantastical story.

This doesn't mean that Jesus didn't exist, and doesn't mean the OP is wrong. But I think Christians need to be more sympathetic to unbelievers-- so many of us find the story of Jesus powerful and would love to believe, to have direction, have answers-- but there is so little foundation to build faith on. We can not muster faith from prose alone. If y'all want to save our souls from damnation you should become archaeologists and dig up some tangible proof. I know that sounds like bitter sarcasm but I'm serious. Because if Christians are right-- then a truly baffling amount of people are going straight to hell when their hearts stop. Even though most Jews didn't/don't believe in the Christian version of hell.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I am a 20 yr old catholic male a 3rd degree knight of Columbus n knows nothing but catholic school and I'm telling u this the bible is just a guide book to life take frm it as u will but do not look at it all as fact becuz thn ur ignorant. God made things according to nature he does not intervine with nature defeats the purpose. The big message here is not tht corrupted non sense but love love ur brothers and sisters n no worries just my 2 pennys wiseowl in flight peace

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

It is your BELIEF that it is the word of god, although all the evidence points that it is the word of MAN.

But do carry out on spouting your nonsense, you have been truely indoctrinated. You really really have.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

Sorry to burst your preaching thread but the Bible is as good and have a value that only those that believe in it can give it.

Plain and simple, it doesn't take a genius either to figure that one out.

Reality check, older books than the bible

The Egyptian Book of the Dead comes to mind as well as the Hindu Vedas. I can't think of the of the name of the oldest book from Buddhism which I am sure pre-dates the bible. The bible wasn't even compiled until the 4th century so there are probably several religious books older than the bible.

The bible stories where passed generation after generations by the people that held their believes the Israeli people as the old testament was their personal history, lore and myth mix with facts.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by marg6043]

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join