It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible IS The Word of God! No doubt about it!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

You have not proved it.

A lie could pass all your tests as well as the truth.

Here is what I believe:

I believe that people lie all the time.

But I do believe that we should love and care for each other. And that makes me a follower of Jesus - and even if Jesus was a lie, his teachings are how we should be living.

And if you ask me how can I follow a lie, I say this:

It does not matter who does or does not exist.

All that matters is that we care for our fellow human beings.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kevinquisitor
reply to post by edmc^2

I am not sure about you, but I do not need an artificial book to tell me 'good' or 'bad', and how to live. It comes innately in all of men, and women.

Get your faith off of me.

It's the book that explains how you got that knowledge of good or bad and how to live, and yes it does come in all men and women.

I'd like someone show me a book with the following topic:
"How Human's Evolved a Conscience"

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Loken68

Do you realize you have no grasp on grammar? And that bad grammar screw up a post? It helps a post if what bringing to the table is understandable.

I think you should read your own post and reconsider the point you just made.

*screws >> Okay, probably a typo.

if what bringing to the table is understandable.

Take care.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Well, according to the Bible- I could not worship God even if I wanted to...

Deut- 23:2 "No one of illegitimate birth may enter the Lords assembly; none of his decedents, even to the tenth Generation, may enter the Lord's assembly."

How many innocent children does that exclude from worshiping "the LORD" in this day and age? You would think a loving God would have more compassion than that....

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by NWOWILLFALL
reply to post by edmc^2

Keep in mind that humans could be a slave race...If you believe in a supernatural being that you can't see visually maybe you'll believe UFO reports from the ancient aztecs to egyptians all the way to present day...

Do you realize that their are demonic forces that the Bible informed you of that have an abode in our atmosphere? And that they are the UFO's that you would rather believe in?

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jinx880101

Deut- 23:2 "No one of illegitimate birth may enter the Lords assembly; none of his decedents, even to the tenth Generation, may enter the Lord's assembly."

How many innocent children does that exclude from worshiping "the LORD" in this day and age? You would think a loving God would have more compassion than that....

Well that might apply if you were a Jew bound by the law. But we have grace.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Loken68

I'd rather not believe it at all...but sadly the evidence is overwhelming to me...Also keep in mind that they may have created the bible...Don't get me wrong I believe in a creator but not the biblical version...

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Loken68

Oh, so the Bible and the word of God only applies to Jews?

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

Wait, let me get this straight.

Because someone this many years ago wrote some book about someone whom we have no proof existed, we need to listen to what this book says?

Even though the book doesn't precisely say what it means, it just rambles on in rhymes and tongues and speaks of devils angels and giant humanoids????

Really?

REALLY?

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
You know what.

Let these bible thumpers have their thread, they prove nothing to no one, except themselves, with no proof.

They have no proof their god exists.

And yet, they SLANDER anything that isn't of human nature? Or, things we see that we don't understand?

BAHAHAHAHA give me a #ing break here. You're all ignorant, every last one of you. IGNORANT.

By the way, the Pope agrees that aliens are one of god to. Suggest you do some READING.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Gotta say... the OP did a good job showing the intention of this thread with his title.. To bad ALL of the arguments are and always will be subjective to interpretation. but even knowing that the devoted "debunkers" around here are quite fanatical in their quest of debunking the presented arguments.
BTW with some proper research ALL the claims of the OP can be backed. The bible is mostly a tell-tale with added lessons. For the reasons behind the "bad" things mentioned in the bible one should study up real hard on the presented material. The proof that most if not all debunkers have not done this can be shown quite easily... I see most debunkers mention god supposedly created the earth in 7 days. Having done my research I had to quite obviously conclude that the 7 days mentioned doesn't talk about 7 times 360degree spin by the earth. If you want this backed just ask... or you can actually try to study up on the material offcourse...

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Loken68

I'm sorry, the scripture does not say: "No law bounded Jew...."
It says No ONE. You cannot give grace to one passage, and then
take it away in another simply because your attempt at explanation lacks
foundation.

Define this *grace* and its context.

The OP is unfortunately FOS.

Your are unaware that people can be indoctrinated.
Principles/POV and overall bias opinion can be embedded into an
individual during and after a pregnancy.

Please explain away the other horrid acts GOD either commands his people
to carry out, or simply commits them himself.

PLEASE explain the eye opening revelation
the bible has lifted ancient stories/texts from civlisations that preceded it?

The Egyptians
The Sumerians

are just two examples of this glaring FACT.
Are you aware of this?

[edit on 23-5-2010 by Chinesis]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

Hi, I hope you read my post

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution-2012
reply to post by edmc^2

Wait, let me get this straight.

Because someone this many years ago wrote some book about someone whom we have no proof existed, we need to listen to what this book says?

Even though the book doesn't precisely say what it means, it just rambles on in rhymes and tongues and speaks of devils angels and giant humanoids????

Really?

REALLY?

Well either listen or you can go down with the ship... you dont have to choose but The doom-and gloom threads on ATS are examples of the dire times we live in... never before has there been so much different SH*T going on in the world at the same time... and the near future dont look all that much better. we're in for a hell of a ride (wich has been predicted almost 2000 years ago)... Now in my POV its all 1 big bamble... but there is alot at stake here and the bible gives a way out. even if the bible were to be false.... christians would just go down with the rest.... Now if the bible indeed is true... it would provide a way to receive salvation.

How many people who are diagnosed with cancer wont try an experimental drug? how would "trying" to believe the message of the bible be any different from that? Looking around me I believe all of humanity has terminal brain-cancer and the bible is the drug with little track-record

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

If you choose to live by Levitical law then yes you have to become a Jew and follow the full law. Says so right there in the book. But I'm guessing you didn't check, did you? No you didn't your just looking for controversy like so many others.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chinesis

Originally posted by Loken68

I'm sorry, the scripture does not say: "No law bounded Jew...."
It says No ONE. You cannot give grace to one passage, and then
take it away in another simply because your attempt at explanation lacks
foundation.

Want to bet? You better do the research. Im not here to give you a class on Levitical Law and what Jesus said about it.

Define this *grace* and its context.
read it John 3:16 KJV

The OP is unfortunately FOS.

Your are unaware that people can be indoctrinated.
Principles/POV and overall bias opinion can be embedded into an
individual during and after a pregnancy.
Sources?

Please explain away the other horrid acts GOD either commands his people
to carry out, or simply commits them himself.
SIN!

PLEASE explain the eye opening revelation
the bible has lifted ancient stories/texts from civlisations that preceded it?
History There are books in the Bible older than the Egyptians or the sumerians.

The Egyptians
The Sumerians

are just two examples of this glaring FACT.
Are you aware of this?
Where did that come from?
[edit on 23-5-2010 by Chinesis]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Im amazed that even after reading some of the text in question you christian brothers still don't question your own faith. I wonder if any of you actually read your own book? I mean no sane person can read the bible and tell me it is the word of God.

Check this out.
According to you, God is PERFECT so his book SHOULD be PERFECT.
However, unlike the fictional god you want to believe in, the Bible seems to contradict itself over and over again.

It's a waste of mind power trying to convince the average joe that there is something much more evil and demonic than Satan (as described in the bible or most all religions). It's called ignorance. I'll be moving on to a different post now, have a nice day.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by LookHarder22]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by LookHarder22

Show me the contradiction your speaking of. But before you do I think you should know that I believe the 1611 King James Version is the infallible book. I will not enter into debate with sources coming from any other tainted resource.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I have read the OP and the replys.... the OP made a good case for the significance of the Bible, but even as a Christian, I have to say did not prove the divine origin of the Bible.

If I may, let me add a few points that will not prove anything, but certainly may diminish some of the harsh criticisms.

The fetus as it develops in the womb goes through 7 stages, each stage of the creation as listed in the Bible.

The fact that God created the heavens and the earth, if the moon was any closer or farther, the eclipses would not be as perfect as they are, nor if the earth was tilted differently, we would not have the 4 perfect seasons that we do.

The Bible mentions places and people thought fiction until archeological discoveries proved them true or confirmed text written. Case in point, Nineveh was thought fiction, but was found in the late 1800s, just as written. Or that during the first Gulf War, satellites trying to find Saddam's tanks by heat given off at night also found the path followed during the exodus from Egypt...all the way from the "Land of Goshen" in the Nile Delta to the "Mountain of God" in Saudi Arabia...not the Mt.Sainai of popular myth.

Or the ever popular prophetic accounts, which despite many made 2000 to 3500 years ago...are coming true. The re-establishment of Israel is the first one to come to mind. But how about a more current one?....

The Collective Security Treaty Organization was formed about 2 years ago. It is made up of Russia, Syria, Iran, Lybia, The little -akistan nations along Russia's southern border...and although not a member, has new interested parties...Turkey and Somalia/Sudan. They are all opposed to Israel, and stand united with Iran if Israel or the west attacks Iran... even threatening military retaliation.

Believe it or not, this is the very same confederation of nations listed by Ezekiel...about 600BC. Exact nations, declaring the exact political and military alliances, declaring the same policies, and if prophecy is true...will attack Israel.

In Ezekiel 38-39... Gog of Magog...( the area extreme north of Israel along the Black and caspian Seas, is Gog to the hebrews, Scythians to the Greeks..some scholars believe Syria or Russia...one and the same these days...Russia building a naval port in Syria)...Tagomarh and all his bands...(small Muslim nations of the SW Asia along Russian border)... Gomer...(Turkey)... Persia( Iran)... Lybia...and Ethiopia and Phut...(East Africa/Sudan/Somalia)...all listed by region of settlement of noah's children as known by Ezekiel............

They will come against and attack Israel, by masssive waves, and Israel will retaliate and win by the fires of heaven. And when you read Ezekiel 38-39, note the aftermath, "special crews or teams" needed to clean up, artifacts and debris which no one but specially suited teams can pick up and all will be placed down wind of Israel. Israel will be isolated and alone prior to the attack.

I believe that this event will be a benchmark for those students of the Bible and eschatology.

Anyway, hope this adds to the unique nature of the Bible, and it is only a small portion of why I believe it to be God's Holy Word.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

Great post. It's hard to believe that when one reads and learns those things that they still will not believe. But I understand why. Again great work.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join