It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible IS The Word of God! No doubt about it!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
If you believe that it is not.

Then please consider the following facts and present your rebuttal. If you can't then there's only one thing to do – humbly accept it as the Word of God and learn from it while there's still time!

The Holy Scriptures, the inspired Word of Jehovah God, acknowledged as the greatest book of all times because of:

1.Its antiquity.
2.Its total circulation.
3.The number of languages into which it has been translated.
4.Its surpassing greatness as a literary masterpiece.
5.And its overwhelming importance to all mankind.

Independent of all other books:

1.It imitates no other.
2.It stands on its own merits, giving credit to its unique Author.
3.The Bible is also distinguished as having survived more violent controversy than any other book, hated as it is by many enemies.

Show me a book that can rival it.

Then there's these:

No other book took so long to complete it. A period of some 1,610 years was involved in producing the Bible. Yet when put together as ONE book – there's harmony. Who else can produce such a book if it's not guided by God?

As an accurate historical work and one that penetrates the past to great depths, the Bible far surpasses all other books. However, it is of much greater value in the field of prophecy, foretelling as it does the future that only the King of Eternity can reveal with accuracy.

God’s Word of truth in a very practical way sets men free from ignorance, superstitions, human philosophies, and senseless traditions of men. (Joh 8:32)

Need more?

Consider this too:

Authenticity. The veracity/accuracy of the Bible has been attacked from many quarters, but none of these efforts has undermined or weakened its position in the least.

Take for example:

Bible history: Its history is accurate and can be relied upon.

Races and languages: What the Bible says about races and languages of mankind is also true. All peoples, regardless of stature, culture, color, or language, are members of one human family.

Practicality: The Bible’s teachings, examples, and doctrines are most practical for modern man. The righteous principles and high moral standards contained in this book set it apart as far above all other books.

Scientific accuracy. When it comes to scientific accuracy the Bible is not lacking – 100% accurate.

Cultures and customs. On points relating to cultures and customs, in no regard is the Bible found to be wrong. In political matters, the Bible always speaks of a ruler by the proper title that he bore at the time of the writing.

Candor. Bible writers displayed a candor that is not found among other ancient writers. From the very outset, Moses frankly reported his own sins as well as the sins and errors of his people, a policy followed by the other Hebrew writers. They willingly admitted and revealed their faults.

Integrity: Facts testify to the integrity of the Bible. The Bible narrative is inseparably interwoven with the history of the times.

Prophecy: If there is a single point that alone proves the Bible to be the inspired Word of Jehovah it is the matter of prophecy. There are scores of long-range prophecies in the Bible that have been fulfilled.

There's more but I think its is more than enough. So those of you who are belittling the Holy Scriptures, please inform us and the Almighty of your great wisdom! Prove that the Bible is not His word as He himself is inviting you:

".. Let him who accuses God answer him!"
(Job 40:2 NIV)

(Edit: deleted double post)

[edit on 23-5-2010 by edmc^2]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Great post, It has made me see things in a different light.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by wiredamerican]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I just want to congradulate you. This is a truly great post. Bravo!

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Thanks randyvs and wiredamerican for the kind words.
Just waiting for the rebuttal now to see if the doubters can disprove the Bible as the Word of God.

edmc^2

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Great post, couldn't have done any better myself. Thanks for taking a stand.
Now get ready because you just painted a huge bulls eye directly on your forehead. But be not dismayed, we got our swords and shields ready plus I got a glock strapped to my side.......We gonna need em...lol....Again great post...S/f

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
STAR & FLAG

Very good it sure is time to get as many souls on our side before the end

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

1.Its antiquity. -

Because surely the old ways of thinking are better.

2.Its total circulation.

Plenty of books are in great circulation now.

More than plenty of books have been translated into many different languages

Is that a fact?

Is that a fact?

1.It imitates no other.

I guess this is true. But then again you do find many similarities in the books of the bible and old myths.

Which author?

3.The Bible is also distinguished as having survived more violent controversy than any other book, hated as it is by many enemies.

How many christians hated books that didn't agree with theirs? But otherwise this is just opinion. But this is just an opinion.

You haven't convinced me.

+1 more 
posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

Well, I hear your "evidence" in support of the bible, but I've heard the evidence put forth in a different way:

"Christians believe that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil curse from your soul that is present in humanity because a woman made from a rib was convinced by a talking snake to eat mind-expanding fruit from a magical tree."

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
You guys are already starting with violence and who's on who's side? I can't blame you for your pre-hostility though, since your God probably taught you to act like that anyway if you're true bible followers. Give peace and understanding differences without preemptive negativity a chance first no?

+11 more 
posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Then God is ****ed up.

Lev 21:16 No cripples or anyone deformed in any way may worship.
Deut 23:10 No man with his genitals damaged or missing may worship.
Deut 23:2 No bastards, even to the 10th generation, may worship.
Ex 35:2 Anyone working on Sunday shall be killed.
Prov 12:4, Cor 14:34 Women are second class citizens, subordinate to men, to be considered possessions.
worst of all: Deut 21:18, disobedient children shall be stoned by their own parents.

Just keep in mind, these are not just historical documentations of these acts, that fit a time in history and aren't relevant today. These are GOD COMMANDING THEM. Therefore, if the bible is the word of God, then these protocols must be followed by any true Christian. It's either the word of God, or it isn't. There's no gray area here.

edit to add - This is an honest question - how many of you have actually READ the bible all the way through? I'm not Christian, but after having to read the Portable World Bible in 10th grade, I realized why I wouldn't be one anyways. There's some absolutely evil stuff in there. Genocide, rape, slavery, all commanded by God!

Now there are some beautiful passages as well. It is not my intention for these to be discarded. But you have to look at the big picture. It isn't the word of God. It's a large collection of books, many of which were left out in the Council of Nicaea. The ones that were left in were heavily edited in some places. The original brand of Christianity, in its entirety, speaks of a divine presence that permeates everything. There was no crucifixion, that was pagan symbolism dating back many thousands of years prior.

The actual character 'Jesus' is a bit of a mystery. Most of the basic Christian facts about him, are actually pagan symbolism derived from ancient Babylonian tradition. The real Jesus is said to have traveled to Egypt to learn from the high priests, and apparently came across some sort of spiritual power. He married Mary Magdelene according to Gnostic texts and probably lived to old age. This would explain why he is not found in any Roman records. Nor anywhere else except the early Biblical texts.

Hope I didn't offend people TOO much.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by Son of Will]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Races and languages: What the Bible says about races and languages of mankind is also true. All peoples, regardless of stature, culture, color, or language, are members of one human family.

Does it really take much to figure that out?

Practicality: The Bible’s teachings, examples, and doctrines are most practical for modern man. The righteous principles and high moral standards contained in this book set it apart as far above all other books.

I was going to marry my daughter to a man. But it was found she was not a virgin. Fortunately the bible told me to kill her. Unfortunately she is no longer with us.

My other daughter was raped by a man.. She was a virgin, so we had to marry them, and he paid me for her.
Thanks, Bible!

Scientific accuracy. When it comes to scientific accuracy the Bible is not lacking – 100% accurate.

Like how there was no rain when the earth was created, 6000 years ago?

[edit on 23-5-2010 by Miraj]

+2 more 
posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

1) There are far older written records than the Bible. In fact several stories from the Bible are actually plagiarized versions of stories found in Sumerian myth. Age also does not equal accuracy, I have books from the 1950s saying we would have flying cars by now - hasn't happened - so if something only half a century old can be so wrong imagine how wrong the Bible might be

2) Harry Potter is pretty popular too, circulation is absolutely meaningless.

3) That's because of the Great Commission, Christians are meant to spread the Gospel, this explains both circulation and the translation. Also the number of translations actually works against it being the word of God because there are ALWAYS things lost in translation.

4) I'll agree that from a mythological standpoint it is a fascinating literary work but this does nothing to prove it is the Word of God.

5) You mean its importance to Christians, nobody else really cares all that much about it.

Here's five reasons why it cannot be the Word of God

1) Its filled with self-contradictions

- God is meant to be loving and merciful but slaughters the first born of Egypt, drowns everyone including all children in a horrific flood, has the Israelites decimate Jericho including the children, etc. And the greatest moral paradox of all a loving God's decision to not only create a realm of eternal torment but to send his beloved creations there for offenses as simple as lying, being a coward, or being a magician (Revelation 21:8) FOREVER.

2) It is historically inaccurate

- There is no basis in fact for most of these myths, while some of the places might be based in fact this does not mean the supernatural elements of the myth are true. In the same way I might watch a movie where Godzilla attacks Tokyo, Tokyo is a real place but am I to believe Godzilla actually exists based on that fact?

3) It offers a very poor moral code

- Those that work on the Sabbath are to be put to death. Suffer not a witch to live. Women who aren't virgins when they get married should be STONED to DEATH. A supposedly "good" God ordering people to wipe out entire civilizations and leave NONE alive. Animal sacrifice that involves SPRINKLING BLOOD on an ALTAR. The taking of virgin sex slaves and much much more.

4) The Creation account has been proven Wrong

- A perfect God would make no mistakes in the writing or inspiring of his book yet we KNOW beyond a shadow of a doubt that the Creation account is all wrong. The evidence we've found is irrefutable, if there is a God he used natural processes, not magic, to create life and to cause life to become diverse gradually, not in only a week.

5) It was used as a tool of the Romans and later European powers

- The Romans hijacked Christ's religion and used it to uphold their own tyrannical power. Later on this religion of "peace" was used to uphold tyrant kings and justify torture and genocide in the name of converting people to Christ. If this was God's book surely he could have protested to it being used this way either that or it would be so perfect as to be UNUSABLE as a tool of evil.

In conclusion:

The Bible's moral teachings are disturbing, disgusting and woefully inadequate for modern man. It further paints a disturbingly bipolar image of God making God seem equal parts evil tyrant and merciful father. In some passages God is the forgiver of all and will forsake no one and in others he is dolling out punishment that does not fit the crime or slaughtering children as in Egypt.

The Bible therefore is the flawed work of man.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
how can anyone react to a post like that? I mean, this is the kind of post from people without access to information

well, most people live in a box, and really dont know whats happening around them; the only way in is thought newspapers and these kind of mainstream sources ...

did u guys realize that there are more people that dont follow the bible than people actually following it? did u guys realize that there are like 20000 religion out there and that there are no good or bad, they are just religion

well, there is no book in the world that have just one interpretation, so, I find pretty hard to believe that GOD, if he cared, would use a book to communicate, I mean, he is GOD right? he should be smarter ...

so, since the book contains just statements, we could say that those statements are from a perspective totality different from a modern perspective, its not because they saw angels that they were actually angels, it just mean that they couldnt understand what happened and they tried to describe it with their culture

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by edmc^2
If you believe that it is not.

1.Its antiquity.

Show me where somethings age denotes it's reliability or trustworthiness? [FAIL]

2.Its total circulation.

OK... Alice In Wonderland has massive circulation and it's printed in different languages. Does that make it more true? [FAIL]

You need to separate opinion from fact. [FAIL]

You need to separate opinion from fact. [FAIL]

Independent of all other books:
1.It imitates no other.

No it's not independent. It's made up from a number of books/gospels that were cherry picked. The bible blatantly copies ancient Sumerian tales... just like the tale of Noah directly copies Gilgamesh. [FAIL]

The bible is not self proving. It does not stand on it's own merit. The bible is not written from one hand. Deny Ignorance! [FAIL]

Many books have survived violence and controversy. This is proof on nothing! [FAIL]

Show me a book that can rival it.

Ummm... 'Lord Of The Rings' but again, your getting opinion and fact confused. [FAIL]

All in all, you've provided an ignorant and highly opinionated thread. It appears you've read nothing but the bible in your life and you haven't even researched it's origins before sounding off and looking foolish.

IRM

[edit on 23/5/10 by InfaRedMan]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

I fail to see how anything you listed proves that the bible is the word of "God".

Who interpreted and wrote the bible?

"No other book took so long to complete it. A period of some 1,610 years was involved in producing the Bible. Yet when put together as ONE book – there's harmony. Who else can produce such a book if it's not guided by God?"

You would think that if God could create the world in 6 days, he could surely write humanity's code of conduct in less than 1,610 years. Or again, is that just how long it took MAN to revise the 'word'? Also again, subject to many variances.

I am not sure about you, but I do not need an artificial book to tell me 'good' or 'bad', and how to live. It comes innately in all of men, and women.

Get your faith off of me.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by Kevinquisitor]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   

No wonder mankind is going to destroy itself.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by edmc^2

1.Its antiquity. -
Because surely the old ways of thinking are better.
Compared to modern thinking yes!

2.Its total circulation.
Plenty of books are in great circulation now.
This one doesn't get Opras endorsement.

More than plenty of books have been translated into many different languages
Name one translated into as many as the Bible, just one?

Is that a fact?
Generic answer.

Is that a fact?
Generic Answer.

1.It imitates no other.
I guess this is true. But then again you do find many similarities in the books of the bible and old myths
Probably because of histories...Again Generic answer.

Which author?
Holy men inspired by God

How many christians hated books that didn't agree with theirs? But otherwise this is just opinion. But this is just an opinion.
No it's facts. I suggest you read Foxes book of Martyrs.

You haven't convinced me.

Yo didn't come here to be convinced, but to attack and a weak job you did at that.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by 30_seconds

But you would rather us to believe that:

We all originally oozed from a primordial slime pit that could have been frozen pig piss that was ejected from a exploding planet some where in a galaxy far far away. That we all mutated into tree swinging apes and then into modern man. And that some how lost all evidence in fossils and have never been able to scientifically been able to prove this fantasy.

I think you should just call it what it is. Rebellion towards God.
Human Growth proves God is real. How many other animals on this planet rebel against their parents? None...Only humans it's in their sinful nature.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

Do you realize you have no grasp on grammar? And that bad grammar screws up a post? It helps a post if what bringing to the table is understandable.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by Loken68]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

Keep in mind that humans could be a slave race...If you believe in a supernatural being that you can't see visually maybe you'll believe UFO reports from the ancient aztecs to egyptians all the way to present day...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join