It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unknown pop up window

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I keep getting a pop up window that hangs up my computer. I only get this on ATS. What is wrong? By the way I up loaded the photo below to the wrong place the first time I tried.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3da72b3d3065.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 5/23/2010 by fixer1967]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I think it might have to do with an add on the website.
Delete your cookies, and browsing history.

Lol, Im not really sure tho, but just giving you my opinion.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Solution: Either Update your flash Player. OR get rid of that ugly Windows XP and go to www.Ubuntu.com and download the latest Ubuntu OS.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
The only time I've ever had that error message pop up, I was using Internet Explorer. I suggest downloading a new browser (either FireFox or Google Chrome) and installing the newest version of Flash.

I don't want to sound rude, but, if you are asking for help for this sort of problem, you probably shouldn't replace Windows with Linux.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

I get the same thing. im using Google chrome and i have the newest version of flash. it only happens when i have ats open. i determined that it is the automatic refreshing of the ads on the site that causes adobe flash to crash. hope that helps. i have tried everything from updating it to changing browsers. it is an adobe flash issue or ats's way of using it is incorrect.

found this link from adobe check it out it answers everything and it is most likely the ads or the auto updating of them...
adobe

LifENcircleS

[edit on 5/23/2010 by LifENcircleS]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
This happened to me a few times. When I'm on myspace and a user has uploaded numerous music players and videos that automatically play will cause me to get that message.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
This just started to happen about a week ago. I am running Windows XP which I like and IE7. I tried dumping the cookies folder but that did not help. I will try and up date or reinstall the flash player

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harrington
Solution: Either Update your flash Player. OR get rid of that ugly Windows XP and go to www.Ubuntu.com and download the latest Ubuntu OS.

I really could not agree more.
and can't stress it enough.

Close, and Ditch the window$

Open some doors~ Secure doors!

www.ubuntu.com...

It is easy, even for n00bs.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by Ahmose]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I get this sort of thing when I start using a new web site. If all else fails try shutting down, unplug your computer and wait at least 3 minutes before replugging and booting back up. I have Vista and don't get these problems as much as I did with XP. Good luck!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I found out where the problem was coming from. I reset my firewall and added a site to the blocked list and the problem had gone away. It may come back but for now it has stopped. And on top of that it seems pages are loading faster.

[edit on 5/27/2010 by fixer1967]

top topics

join