It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans Capture House Seat in Obama's Hometown!!: (another sign of things to come)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Paradigm2012

I'm not sure if the numbers that 26 percent of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as president, while forty-three percent (43%) Strongly Disapprove actually shows that his rating are high and holding steady. Rasmussen's Polling page shows his history and current ratings--if I was one of President Obama's political consultants and planners I would be worried. The most worrisome part would be the steady decline in popularity and approval in the 18 month span he has been President.
Source: Rasmussen Daily Presidential Tracking Poll

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I know but now I don't trust either side, both sides have been infiltrated.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by xtradimensions

Why try the old tired trick of only using the "Strongly" support/oppose numbers???

You don't have to "strongly" support someone to vote for them...and if you "strongly" oppose someone it doesn't make your vote count more...still one vote.

And why just pick out ONE poll that supports your view when we have access to multiple polls???

Look at all the polls...take the average.

Poll: RCP Average
Date Sample:5/6 - 5/22
Approve: 48.1
Disapprove: 46.3
Spread: +1.8

Real Clear Politics

I know it doesn't support your agenda or paint the picture that you would like to believe is the truth...but facts are facts...let's not be dishonest with ourselves.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Wow, almost 40% of people vote for a wealthy centrist Republican in a district with a vastly divided Democratic party at a time of all-time high anti-incumbency sentiment? Hold the presses!

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I don't have an agenda, but thanks for your concern. I supplied the link to the ENTIRE polling numbers from Rasmussen, which are generally considered to be non-partisan which clearly show the "strongly disapprove" and "strongly approve" numbers as well as the general approval and general disapproval ratings. Why even mention "strongly disapprove" or "strongly approve"? Simple--because there are a certain portion of people who do in fact strongly approve or, or strongly disapprove of the President's job thus far, and those are indeed the people who tend to turn out to vote, especially in midterm elections.

Just because SOME people don't like the fact that SOME Americans do indeed strongly disapprove of the President's job doesn't make those numbers go away--even with lots of wishful thinking and crying "you have an agenda, you have an agenda!!"

If you care to actually LOOK at the polls in their entirety (even those that aren't the "strongly" associated numbers) you will see that President Obama's approval rating has fallen dramatically and is nowhere near "steady" or "high".

As for my "supposed agenda", I am an Independent and not associated with either party--both of which I believe are comprised primarily of liars, cheats, and people who care only for THEIR AGENDAS and NOT the welfare of Americans in general.

[edit on 23/5/2010 by xtradimensions]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by xtradimensions

I supplied the link to the ENTIRE polling numbers from Rasmussen, which are generally considered to be non-partisan

I'm sorry....I thought you just said Rasmussen is non-partisan...LOL.

Why even mention "strongly disapprove" or "strongly approve"? Simple--because there are a certain portion of people who do in fact strongly approve or, or strongly disapprove of the President's job thus far, and those are indeed the people who tend to turn out to vote, especially in midterm elections.

Really...do you have data that shows those are the people that turn out to vote? Or is that just a completely made up fact?

The other reason that Rasmussen could do this is because it pushes his agenda of showing Obama with a high disaproval rate...when in fact he doesn't have one. But hey...you bought it...so it must be working.

Just because SOME people don't like the fact that SOME Americans do indeed strongly disapprove of the President's job doesn't make those numbers go away--even with lots of wishful thinking and crying "you have an agenda, you have an agenda!!"

I don't care that some strongly disapprove of Obama...I just think it is dishonest when people only report THOSE numbers in a post...like you did. And if you didn't do it to push an agenda...what reason did you have for posting incomplete data???

If you care to actually LOOK at the polls in their entirety (even those that aren't the "strongly" associated numbers) you will see that President Obama's approval rating has fallen dramatically and is nowhere near "steady" or "high".

He has been holding quite steady since August of 2009 at around 50% +/- 5%. That is pretty darn steady considering what has gone on since August of 2009. Of course he had a drop right after his election...but hovering around 50% IS strong for a President. You can deny it all you want...doesn't make it go away.

As for my "supposed agenda", I am an Independent and not associated with either party--both of which I believe are comprised primarily of liars, cheats, and people who care only for THEIR AGENDAS and NOT the welfare of Americans in general.

That doesn't mean you don't have an agenda...everyone has an agenda whether they admit it or not. Otherwise you are just in la la land having no goals or opinions on anything. Agendas are not a bad thing...don't understand why people think they are.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Nice try. I have been supporting Palin and I did vote for her. And still sticking by her.

Go ahead and read any of my post about her.

No spite here young one.

Don't look at everying so negatively.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
It will be a shortlived mid term election victory. It only happened because the two Democrats were fighting eachother instead of the Republican. In six months when it is just one Democrat against one Republican it will be a trouncing. Hawaii is 60% Democrats.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by Limegreen]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Limegreen
It will be a shortlived mid term election victory. It only happened because the two Democrats were fighting eachother instead of the Republican. In six months when it is just one Democrat against one Republican it will be a trouncing. Hawaii is 60% Democrats.

Thanks for pointing that out. I intended to let the neocons drool all over themselves before I rained on their parade. For sake of clarity to the pinheads, this election is a stop gap to fill a vacated seat so the predecessor can run for Governor.

The results of this "election" have a duration of 6 months when the full term election will occur, as the above poster pointed out, it will be a one on one scenario.

Would ya'll like some grits to go with that egg on your face?

Follow politics much?

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
this is great news maybe a sign of things to come, but it aint over til that fat lady sings.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Yep, looks like a sign of things...to repeat themselves...ahhhh /facepalm

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Between that and the Democrats (that are really Republicans in Democrat clothes) Obama doesn't have a chance in hell.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Yup.. yawn.. it's time to re-cycle and reward chronic failure.

Einstein once said "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results".. the American people are locked into mass social insanity by expecting different results from the GOP & DNC.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Limegreen

You make a good point, no doubt. And I agree. But, I ask you this: If come November and the Repubs win again, will you say then it is for real?

Regardless of what % the state is Dem. I am really hoping people there (and nationally) will vote on the issues and not by party lines.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Just exactly what was the message sent to Washington? Was it that the Tea Party can take a seat even though 60% of the voters voted Democrat?

If Charles Djou, or any other Republican or Tea Partier, thinks that the results of this special election portray any "mandate" away from democratic principles then they are nuttier than Peter Pan, (the sandwich spread).

All I can tell Charles Djou is, enjoy it while you can because your victory will be short lived.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join