It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Amateur Photos from commercial flight over Gulf of Mexico

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by warequalsmurder

Well, exactly how much does the state of Louisiana benefit from having offshore drilling? It is a sure bet that they are getting compensation or the rigs would not be there.

Not bad karma...just maybe bad politics!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mweiss

Now I would like to know who is cleaning up the beaches when these fish come ashore. That is one of the saddest videos that I have seen. What a waste!

Think of all the other sea life that is in the same waters...all suffering the same fate!

thanks for the video! I had not seen it until now.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
When will we stand up to those greedy, useless bastards that are destorying OUR planet?

Kudos to the OP and photgrapher. Damn.. this just puts it all in perspective.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Yea, wouldn't it just be something if they could actually do something and emerge heroic! I agree that if they can fix it, let them do it! But at least listen to their solution and means of operation. Actions speak louder than words and now is the time for action.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ikonspyre

YOu are wrong! It is Louis the Fifteenth, not Louis the Fourteenth! Look again!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
The BP stores have very nice welcoming employees and the best coffee and creamers I ever had. The people who work there and their hospitality and quality products and good prices are why people return there instead of going where you tend to get looked at like you are stealing, bad gas, hot sodas and stale food, poor selection, all the things that tend to be a problem at Indian owned stores.

Well that settles it then. We should NOT boycott BP to protest their oil spill because they have the best coffee and creamers.

C'mon. Seriously?

Obviously its not the employees fault, and they should not be terrorized, but has it ever occurred to you their "good prices" come at the expense of safety in their oil operations?

I do think I would rather have some Indian AMERICAN gas station owner scowling at me, even if they did have crappy creamers and bad coffee.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
.... and when this OY ALL

rises , and the plankton dies ....

there will be two minutes of six billion

choking noises .

... plankton provides 50% of the planet's

available oxygen !

long live anaerobic life forms!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Just Wondering
reply to post by dzonatas

seen that video. it has nothing to do with the area in the pics the
op posted

Whatever area in that region doesn't matter. Look at the oil coloration itself. The ways the current and tides have carried the oil have made distinct impressions in the oil.

Further, the dispersant, natural gas, and other minerals have discolored the oil.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by dzonatas]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DirekConek
reply to post by searchforknowledge

Easy to say when you won't be paying the taxes to clean up BP's bloody mess, isn't it?

Why should Obama "be seen" to be doing something to fix BP's mess? Maybe BP should be seen doing something? Only thing Obama needs to do is make sure BP actually does it and cleans the mess.

You are so wrong, forget about who pays to clean it up, that is irrelevant today, if there was ever a time for a President to stand up and be heard, it should be during times of national disaster. If you are comfortable to allow BP to continue to run the show, and hide and cover up the mess they have made, then I have no comment. Regarding the costs, then your congress has already passed ridiculous laws to minimise the liability these robber barons are held to, so whether you like it or not, you and the citizens of the US are going to be picking up the tab for this mess anyway. So instead of whining about it, why don't you and your President get off your lazy a#@e and do something about it?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by searchforknowledge
So instead of whining about it, why don't you and your President get off your lazy a#@e and do something about it?

Any Big Oil company should have the fleet and required safety precautions to handle such a large disaster. They make the machines that could cause the crisis, they should have the equipment ready to handle the crisis.

The fact is Big Oil companies have never had the equipment and fleet ready to handle such crisis. They have expect governments to clean up their mess while Big Oil still racks in major profits.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by dzonatas

Originally posted by searchforknowledge
So instead of whining about it, why don't you and your President get off your lazy a#@e and do something about it?

Any Big Oil company should have the fleet and required safety precautions to handle such a large disaster. They make the machines that could cause the crisis, they should have the equipment ready to handle the crisis.

The fact is Big Oil companies have never had the equipment and fleet ready to handle such crisis. They have expect governments to clean up their mess while Big Oil still racks in major profits.

I am not disagreeing, but "it is what it is"... are you going to spend all the time stating what we all know should be the case, or addressing what we all know is the case? The time now is for action, not recrimination, plenty of time for that later, if everyone sits around now saying what you just said, nothing is going to happen..... that is the point I am trying to raise, we all know who is to blame, but knowing that isn't going to fix this cock up...

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TV_Nation
Wow those photos are disturbing to say the least.

It's pretty clear why BP does not want people filming or taking pictures of the spill. And to think that there is no end to the leak in sight.

Just because BP has its name on the oil doesn't give them the right to stop people from taking video journals/pictures because this is all our planet that we created not just the likes of BP Oil industry.

Pay close attention to the environment those in the KNOW will just keep lieing to you all.

p.s Not just the environment in The New Gulf of Mexico, the message to all of you look around you as you'll only be warned a few "times". Its good that their are good citizens/people who will go out their way and show UNCONDITIONAL LOVE for everybody.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by DClairvoyant]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sam Vimes
All of us, and I mean ALL of us are dependent on oil. You drill for oil and accidents happen. You transport oil and accidents happen.

People advocating violence against BP gas stations, are you going to drive there?

This is an environmental disaster of significant proportions and look us all having a pop at everybody apart from the real culprits: Ourselves.

Obama is a man.. ..I think. It is going to take more than freedom's poster boy to sort out this problem and I highly doubt that the boots on the ground are stood there with their thumbs in their asses. If it turns out that BP are culpable then we should go from there.

The gulf will be ravaged by this accident. People will lose their way of life.
Instead of slagging each other off, let's get something done, like my Kid's school that have just started a fund raiser for cleaning up the wildlife. These kids are Dutch for cryin' out loud.

First sensible response so far. In addition : BP isn't the only ones doing deep drilling nor did it do so without permission......permission it obtained from an administration that precedes the current one. Ooops.

The problem is folks (like the ones complaining) dependent on oil for their nice comfortable lives. Governments gamble with allowing deep offshore drilling to meet "the peoples" demand. Now anyone with half a brain cell could have foreseen that should anything happen with deep drilling then fixing it is a fecking nightmare.

Oil consumers and voters for pre Obama administrations only have themselves to blame for the inevitable.

There is no conspiracy around the time its taking to fix the problem. You have leak so deep that the pressure severely curtails any meaningful engineering work.

The oil you see on the surface is a fraction of what is in the sea. The Gulf of Mexico will be essentially dead once the oil/water mix eliminates the oxygen from the water.

Hang BP, maybe, but also hang those in government who gave them the go ahead to drill in such a dumb location.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Judohawk

you know what your completely right there ppl need to start acting before its too late

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
This has angered me from the beginning in so many ways.

1. First, this whole thing could have been prevented with a $500K valve.
  2. The impact of the spill has put the deaths that occurred here on the back burner.
  3. Obama isn't doing anything...AT ALL.
  4. BP is acting like a bunch of ***holes.

I've seen several theories on how to clean this up and you would think they would willing to jump on just about anything since their attempts are proving futile. The most poignant was a couple of good ole boy farmers who poured oil into a large bowl of water. They then stirred in hay and it completely removed the oil from the water. You can't get much more environmentally friendly with a clean up than that.

I'm no rocket scientist, but you would think if they can drill that deep, then they should have procedures for capping that deep. The whole situation is just ludicrous and it feels like a sinister part of a larger picture. What can we do, but sit idly by and watch this catastrophe?

I've seen reports of hairdressers sending hair to the Gulf to clean up the oil. Hanesbrands in my own town sent 50000 pairs of panty hose. I'd really like to see how these items are being used to help. It seems like they aren't being used. What is wrong with the people in charge of this mess?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by glitchinthematrix

You have very right to be angry. The problem is with the damn lawyers both BP's and the E.P.A. and any other agency, red-tape, groups of scientific experts on all sides who are saying their way is best or that way is unproven. All the while the Gulf of Mexico is dying. I personally like Kevin Costner's extraction and reclamation technique, but I also saw the results they get with just plain hay. At the very least start with the hay in the marshlands. What worries me most is what will happen when all the sea life starts showing up dead on the shore in the millions and that is coming. One good thing that may come out of this, is this may be the swan song for "Big Oil", they won't be able to sleeze their way out of this one. Especially when oil winds up in Iceland and the British Isles because it will get caught up in the Gulf Stream at some point.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I am so disturbed after seeing the first 2 photos, I couldn't bring myself to look at the dead dolphin. I lived in Key West for 10 years and thought about returning when I retire - It certainly won't be the same. I am in tears.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
The oil is a brown color because that's what it looks like when it comes out of the ground oil is not black until it is refined.
And Sweet Texas crude Oil as this is, is made up of a lighter hydrocarbon chain unlike other oils, it is mostly gases and petroleum, kerosene which evaporate very quickly once they reach the surface, the brown goo is tar and mineral make up.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Reply from photographer:

"I will take more on the way back home.I only had an Iphone but will have a cannon on the way back. Please use my name when posting them. Nicole Underhill of Islamorada FLorida."

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
proof that finally shows that bp is lying about the extent of the damge to the gulf, the state governments on the coasts need to declare a state of emergency so the government has to respond with the coast gaurd.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join