It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Amateur Photos from commercial flight over Gulf of Mexico

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+58 more 
posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
These photos are from a guy on the Boycott BP group on facebook. I was deeply shaken when I viewed the first one. I don't think we will ever know the true extent of the damage. The guy from facebook said his flight was from Key West to Phoenix.

1st photo: sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net...
2nd photo: sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net...
This photo was also uploaded on facebook, it's a dead dolphin: www.facebook.com...#!/photo.php?op=1&view=all&sub j=119101198107726&aid=-1&pid=4717477&id=516146226&oid=119101198107726&fbid=395496121226

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by mweiss

1st photo: sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net...
2nd photo: sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net...

All I can say is....Damn!

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Oh my God!

This is what the public needs to see! This is what even the news won't show you! It is just getting bigger and bigger, and no one knows what to do.

HOrrific!

edit to add: I just want to sit here and cry a while.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by space cadet]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Wait and see the damage it does when the oil heats up the water. Or maybe killing all kinds of plant life below. Not to mention all other life in the ocean. Pretty soon it will be a sesspool of death washing ashore. I want to see that kind of photos later and keeping them honest.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by nite owl

I was recently at Honeymoon Island State Park and took some Before photos of the beach and surrounding shoreline before the oil coats them.

I am reluctantly preparing myself mentally for the After photos.

To Be Continued!

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Wow those photos are disturbing to say the least.

It's pretty clear why BP does not want people filming or taking pictures of the spill. And to think that there is no end to the leak in sight.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
This
is
FUKT.

Seriously.

Are we ready to stand yet?

no?

ok. ....................

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
OMG.....This is absolutely horrific!! I think i'm gonna be sick!!!

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Its sad. But I feel anger at what is happening to the earth.

But anyways, here's a satellite video.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Even though the images break my heart, I think we have the right to see them. The fact BP has made it so darn hard for even MSM to report angers me. I hope some of the people working clean up bring a small camera. We are our own journalists, it seems like.

Another guy on the facebook page says the news is predicting in Florida, the oil will hit the coast in 7 days.

Why doesn't Obama bring the boys and girls from that silly fake war and start cleaning up our coasts. Ha, like that will ever happen.

+30 more 
posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Wow the oil looks so bad, it almost looks like land. I've only flown briefly over the gulf once and I remember it being a bright blue green.

I'm inclined to believe these photos are of the oil because of other reports of severe devastation. But having flown into Phoenix plenty of times, these pictures look like the southwest from above.
It appears they have turned the gulf into a slimy desert.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by collietta]

[edit on 23-5-2010 by collietta]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Very disturbing.

The size is unimaginable.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Amazing, It's almost the same as the Hudson river.
Dont get mad.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
This is so horrible and to think that this is only the beginning as it gets bigger by the hour. So sad. I actually grew up fishing in those waters, only to have now lost it without my children ever getting to experience it. These pictures should go viral!

--airspoon

p.s. - Can a picture, as opposed to a video, go viral?

+16 more 
posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
Boycott? LMAO! Americans have lost their #ing balls. Do you really think boycotting will do anything in this day and age? What is this Mandela and South Africa? Gimme a break. BP and the other companies involved have single handedly destroyed an entire ecosystem, and decimated an entire economy and all we can do is talk about boycotts? Where are the riots? Where are the trashing of BP gas stations? Where are the tar and feather literally of some of these asshole corporate execs? That's why NOTHING changes and nothing in America ever will. Nobody has any balls to do anything. And it's easy to sit back and say why don't I do something? We all individually have something to lose. Of course. I have a job, a wife, bills to pay and I happen to like my freedom. But if we came together collectively I'd have no problem throwing a few buckets of black paint all over the local BP station or staging a mass riot in their parking lot. But why can't we band together as Americans and collectively riot anymore? Because no one gives a flying # about anything unless it directly affects them. I mean hell I don't even see the people in the Gulf rioting at all. And we love to call terrorists willing to blow themselves up for 12 virgins in the afterlife cowards???????????????? PLease.............
We can't even slumber outside our front door for a real life tangible cause!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey internet tough guy, lay off the mountain dew.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Why do you want to attack and terrorize the employees of a convience store? They aren't hurting you or me! They still need their jobs! We still need gas!

There are probably 30 or so stores in my county that sell gas. Your choices of stores are either Indian owned and operated or BP. The BP stores have very nice welcoming employees and the best coffee and creamers I ever had. The people who work there and their hospitality and quality products and good prices are why people return there instead of going where you tend to get looked at like you are stealing, bad gas, hot sodas and stale food, poor selection, all the things that tend to be a problem at Indian owned stores.

Oh, and also the illegal gambling and raunchy adult sections, hidden movie rooms that are found in most all the Indian owned stores.

I appreciate the people who are at store level, and I don't want to see them terrorized at their jobs, or lose their jobs.

This disaster could happen naturally. An earthquake could cause the same thing and worse to happen. The problem is not that it happened, the problem is not knowing what to do about that. If it happened naturally, and you didn't have anyone to point a finger at, wouldn't you be concentrating on how to fix it and not how it happened?

I am not saying forget BP's role in this by any means. They must and will be held accountable for. But for now your suggesting folks go out and hurt people who do not deserve that treatment, store employees, managers and possibly customers. That is not going to acomplish anything with BP.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Loken68
Amazing, It's almost the same as the Hudson river.
Dont get mad.

And nearly half as filthy!

I need something to complete my second line here...hmm

[edit on 23-5-2010 by Shark_Feeder]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Shark_Feeder

Here's you thought. Oil in the gulf, not even a quarter of what the Exxon Valdez spilled. Environmental impact not even a drop in the bucket compared to the Valdez. But President Bush jumped on it like a chicken on a june bug and the problem was solved. WTF is Obama doing? Oh he formed a blue ribbon panel to study the spill.....HOLY COW!

If it leaks for three more weeks the Gulf of Mexico will officially be as dirty as the Hudson river.

Side note: One benefit of the Gulf blow out is it's hindering Cuban boat people.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I want to hear that Just Wondering has to say about these photos

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join