It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The REAL Reason BP Is Refusing Other Chemicals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

BP is refusing to use other chemicals in its dispersion efforts in the Gulf, despite protests from the EPA and US Government about the toxicity of the chemical it's using, something called Corexit.

A simple web search brings up a company called Nalco, who is the manfacturer of this "wonderful" product.

On Nalco's board of directors:

Rodney F Chase - former Deputy Chief Group Executive of - you guessed it - BP.
- Also served on board of Lehman Brothers.

Carl M Casale - Executive VP and CFO of MONSANTO.

Daniel S Saunders - Former President EXXON MOBIL

NALCO's largest shareholder? Berkshire Hathaway, owned by Warren Buffett.

Do we really want these clowns helping out BP in tackling the biggest oil spill in history? A former President of Exxon Mobil and Executives from Monstanto and Lehman Brothers? Sounds like a recipe for disaster if you ask me.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
BP may be losing money in this disaster but their cronies are still finding a way to line their pockets.

To be honest this does not surprise me at all.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I read it was because the chemical they are currently using had the most quantity available.

I'll try to find the video where it talks about it.

Found it.

And this is a very good video, it talks about what the dangers the Gulf Workers are facing and going through helping with the clean up.

Its very sad, not only to the people doing a dangerous job to make ends meet, but for the ocean, and ocean life.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by Oozii]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Yes it is sad for sure, especially when you take into account all of the alternatives that have been suggested and even been shown to work with far less toxicity. The video of the farmers using hay to soak up oil comes to mind.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join