It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil leak, worst case scenario

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
We will take a look at the worst case scenario this summer from the oil spill in the gulf.

Hypothetical situation: A hurricane forms near the Lesser Antilles and strengthens as it moves north towards the gulf of mexico. As it reaches the gulf it sucks up the water which includes the oil, into the hurricane and when it hits the coast it will push the oil contaminated water onshore and as it rains it will rain water contaminated oil.

As it rains the oil contaminated water moving up the east coast through Atlanta, Birmingham, Charlotte, DC, Philly, NYC. It will drop that contaminated water on crops killing them and poisoning the soil, it will get inside wells and possibly aquifers poisoning our water supplies.

It could cause massage crop failure, waterway contamination, and water poisoning. Including poisoned water falling from the sky which could cause cancer and other serious problems.

If they don't fix this soon, we could see a worst case scenario.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
There is no way to predict how this is all going to play out but I'm willing to bet it will be much worse than most people anticipated.

For the time being most people are unaware of how bad the spill really is.

Out of sight out of mind really comes into play in situations like this.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
i kinda think its going to end up really screwing up the coasts of the entire gulf coast region, killing more sea life then anyone will ever know, and on top of that i believe BP is going to get off with a slap on the wrist, thats all as of right now without the possibility of a hurricane with the new fix thier going to try that could makes things catastropically worse

if only BP would have to pay for EVERYTHING theyve messed up for not spending the 500k on the right blowout system then maybe other companies would wisen up and say we better start cleaning up out act or were gonna get screwed

[edit on 23-5-2010 by rls420]

join