It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Korea on alert as tension grows

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Everything is a false flag ww2 could of been a false flag if the people thought a little, instead of following blindly. Ohh noss n korea is ready for war, guick some one call the military wing of the salvation army, to jump on this case.
Who would of thought that a crazy person can ever become the leader of a nation.
In the land of hysteria the most hysterious believe's come to power.
Same old shint different day.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I hope S.Korea isn't silly enough to attack the North over the incident, and the Americans stationed in S.Korea are nothing but meat for the slaughter to slow down the Norths advance, they will all be killed quite quickly...how nice. No, 40 dead soldiers isn't worth the price the south will pay in a war. They have been trying for decades, but a peaceful solution is still the best strategy.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by Solomons]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

everyone talks about nukes because they live in fantasy land and know that it will happen to a far off people and they can watch it from the comfort of their homes with a bowl of chips and a bud light. the only image of war they have is what they see at the movies. that's why american soldiers come back all f$%ked up. just look at 9-11, that was a little taste and 90% of the people in the videos you see on youtube have a clueless stupid look on their face.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Brainiac

"I was really impressed with the way Russia went ahead and invaded Georgia a year ago."

1. What does that have to do with this topic?

2. Russia did not "invade" Georgia, stop watching lies on TV. It's bad enough that you have a corrupt government and drink fluoride.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by TSawyer]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Niccawhois

Actually war is ALWAYS money regardless of rather there is natural resources or not. Corporate america will profit off any war anytime anywhere! Afghan supplied 0% of opium/heroin in the world before CIA intervention, now they supply 80% of opium/heroin world wide!

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I have heard the conclusion of the report that said it was N. Korea, instigated by international pressure. I'm still waiting for the evidence that contradicts the following:

No detection of N. Korean vessels in the area by S. Korea at the time.

No detection of torpedoes, missiles, anything by S. Korea at the time.

Damage is inconsistent with a torpedo, the ship was split in two.

Baek Seung-joo, an analyst with the Korea Institute for Defense Analysis says that “If a single torpedo or floating mine causes a naval patrol vessel to split in half and sink, we will have to rewrite our military doctrine.”

Initial reports that the vessel ran aground on reefs in the area.

Here is a great article with citations about the blatant discrepancies:

The sinking of the Chenoan: Another Gulf of Tonkin incident?

[edit on 23-5-2010 by wanderingwaldo]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by xBWOMPx
reply to post by Niccawhois

Actually war is ALWAYS money regardless of rather there is natural resources or not. Corporate america will profit off any war anytime anywhere! Afghan supplied 0% of opium/heroin in the world before CIA intervention, now they supply 80% of opium/heroin world wide!

Very true! But we already have 2 wars going and billions of dollars in contracts secured...There just isn't a need for 1 more.

Don't forget The Trans-Afghanistan Pipeline (TAP or TAPI) was priority #1
in Afghanistan! It couldn't be built with the Taliban running wild.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Weeehu Camp Casey 2007-2008!!! Dont worry, the Manchu's will keep up the fire!

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Its time.
Why wait.
The thing is of course (time to kick their butts) is its just the top dogs that run the show
and there will be tons of folks killed that just want to find a good tree with bark to eat
(at least we won't kill any dogs and cats as the N. Koreans ate them all a long time ago.)
lets just cut to the chase and whip 'em whip 'em good crack that whip!!

da da da daaaaah dah!

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
North Korea is a joke, if they started a fight with the south, the US and other U.N nations would have to do nothing but sit and wait for there army to starve to death. The north gets like 80% of its power from other nations. If South Korea, Japan, and the US stopped all foreign aid coming into North Korea there crappy little economy would collapse inside of a month. Within a week they would run out of food, and fuel. Keeping your military feed clothed and gassed up are some of the most important things for a fighting force. North Korea is what you would call a telephone tuff guy, talks a lot of # but when push comes to shove they can't pick up the tab. I could not see when it comes down to it, China jeopardizing there relations with other nations that make up the would economy over North Korea, there is no future in it. Kim Jong Il has seen way to many Rambo movies.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by CharlesBronson74
North Korea is a joke, if they started a fight with the south, the US and other U.N nations would have to do nothing but sit and wait for there army to starve to death. The north gets like 80% of its power from other nations. If South Korea, Japan, and the US stopped all foreign aid coming into North Korea there crappy little economy would collapse inside of a month. Within a week they would run out of food, and fuel. Keeping your military feed clothed and gassed up are some of the most important things for a fighting force. North Korea is what you would call a telephone tuff guy, talks a lot of # but when push comes to shove they can't pick up the tab. I could not see when it comes down to it, China jeopardizing there relations with other nations that make up the would economy over North Korea, there is no future in it. Kim Jong Il has seen way to many Rambo movies.

You am a smart person I must say.
What you say is all true.

I just think that Kim Jong Ill is making a play (because of his health) and we should call it and by all means hit them befor he makes it.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I just think that Kim Jong Ill is making a play (because of his health) and we should call it and by all means hit them befor he makes it.

You got that right buddy. They should have taken that midget out years ago, blamed it on H1N1 or MSG overdose...lol lol lol

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CharlesBronson74

That doesn't change how much firepower they have on the border pointing at Seoul, yes the South would win a war but when the casualty toll would be in the millions for both sides it's a bit ridiculous to call it a win.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by Solomons]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by galadofwarthethird
Everything is a false flag ww2 could of been a false flag if the people thought a little, instead of following blindly. Ohh noss n korea is ready for war, guick some one call the military wing of the salvation army, to jump on this case.
Who would of thought that a crazy person can ever become the leader of a nation.
In the land of hysteria the most hysterious believe's come to power.
Same old shint different day.

WW2 was a false flag.... 2 infact.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by wanderingwaldo
I have heard the conclusion of the report that said it was N. Korea, instigated by international pressure. I'm still waiting for the evidence that contradicts the following:

Damage is inconsistent with a torpedo, the ship was split in two.

Baek Seung-joo, an analyst with the Korea Institute for Defense Analysis says that “If a single torpedo or floating mine causes a naval patrol vessel to split in half and sink, we will have to rewrite our military doctrine.”

[edit on 23-5-2010 by wanderingwaldo]

You and your South Korean friend have no clue. Modern Torpedo's do just that by design. They do that by exploding under the center of the ship and creating a huge air void. Since the water is not supporting the ship it breaks in half. Watch.

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Sound's like Lee's fed up to me....from "Joongang Daily"

“If our territorial waters, airspace or territory are militarily violated, we will immediately exercise our right of self-defense,” Lee said in an address to the nation, televised live Monday morning.

“From this moment, no North Korean ship will be allowed to make passage through any of the shipping lanes in the waters under our control, which has been allowed by the Inter-Korean Agreement on Maritime Transportation,” Lee said. “The sea routes meant for inter-Korean exchanges and cooperation must never again be used for armed provocations.”

joongangdaily.joins.com...

[edit on 23-5-2010 by freetree64]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Here is the full text of South Korea's Lee in his address given just now... from "Yonhap News"

Snippet below: Full text at link....

"My Fellow Koreans,
I am standing here today, keenly aware that the Korean Peninsula is facing a critical turning point.

My fellow citizens,
The Cheonan was sunk by a surprise North Korean torpedo attack. Again, the perpetrator was North Korea. Their attack came at a time when the people of the Republic of Korea were enjoying their well-earned rest after a hard day's work. Once again, North Korea violently shattered our peace.

The sinking of the Cheonan constitutes a military provocation against the Republic of Korea by North Korea.

Since the end of the Korean War, the North has perpetrated incessant armed provocations against us, including the bombing attack against the presidential delegation at the Aung San Martyr's Mausoleum in Myanmar and the bombing in midair of Korean Air Flight 858. The North Koreans, however, have never officially admitted the crimes they committed. This time is no different. They continue to insist that my Government fabricated the sinking of the Cheonan".

english.yonhapnews.co.kr...

[edit on 23-5-2010 by freetree64]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
South Korea did capture a North Korean sub back in 1988.
www.encyclopedia.com...
Not saying that they used it but who knows.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I served on the Korean DMZ in the US Army. Pretty serious place, not room for error. We had small exchanges of fire, but neither side wants to advertise the incidents there.

In the last 24 hrs:

South Korea to halt all trade with North Korea over sinking of Cheonan warship
www.washingtonpost.com...

South Korea seeks UN action against Pyongyang for sinking of warship
www.guardian.co.uk...

White House backs South Korea move to punish North
www.reuters.com...

Clinton Calls for China Cooperation on North Korea
www.businessweek.com...

And keeping in line with 'Global Meltdown' thread category:
South Korea won plummets as tensions escalate
www.marketwatch.com...

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
www.reuters.com...:s0:a49:g43:r1:c0.208201:b34271482:z0
KOREA-NORTH/WARNING (URGENT)

North Korea threatened on Monday to fire at South Korean equipment if it is set up at their heavily armed border to broadcast anti-Pyongyang messages, and vowed to take stronger measures if Seoul escalated tensions.

The warnings came in a statement from a military commander carried by the North's KCNA news agency.

South Korea said on Monday it would resume loudspeaker broadcasts at the border that had been suspended for six years, as part of its punishment toward the North for the sinking of one of its navy ships

ut oh.. this could be huge...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join