It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone here that doesn't believe in a damn thing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I'm talking about you don't believe in God, UFO's, life, death, 2012, marriage, kids, that men landed on the moon, life on other planets, cause and effect, ghost, 3 dollar bills, father time, slice bread, etc

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Better Mouse Trap

I don't believe in anything...that's not to say I don't believe that there can be infinite possibilities, but to try and prove or disprove any of them is impossible it seems.

You just end up going deeper and deeper down the rabbit hole. So, in retrospect I guess I can say I believe in keeping my beliefs entirely lucid, go with the flow so to speak.

Ask me again at the end of my life...I still am not sure how much how I will know or not know then. All I know for sure is my experience thus far. And even that can be called into question when one thinks how fragile our memories of the past can be. So, perhaps maybe all I know for sure is this moment right now.

EDIT:
I have found that whenever I try to truly solidify a belief I eventually run into annoying contradictions that send me chasing an idea round and round in circles until I just want to give up altogether. That's not to say I don't have the courage to follow through, but do I really want my entire life experience to consist of living in my head trying to figure out what is true and what is not, and what I believe or don't believe in? Life seems to short to spend my time in that way, but if it's your thing, than more power too you! The world needs all types to keep the cycle going.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by seeker11]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I would think a person that believed in nothing must have a serious problem.

Gees, you've at least got to believe in the basics of life to even survive.

I'm a dreamer and make my own reality so I believe in many, many things.

A person born without a complete brain would be the only type of person that could not believe in something. This is excluding brain injury and disease.

I think, therefore I am.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Better Mouse Trap
I'm talking about you don't believe in God, UFO's, life, death, 2012, marriage, kids, that men landed on the moon, life on other planets, cause and effect, ghost, 3 dollar bills, father time, slice bread, etc

Um let's see...I choose kids. I don't believe in kids. Nope they are a myth made up by tptb. I was never a kid and nobody else was either.

C'mon, is your question serious? Is it meant to be deeper than it sounds? If so I would agree with the poster above. (dizziedame)

[edit on 22/5/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I do not believe in anything.

Why? Because I understand that there is a possibility this reality I live or think I live could all just be an illusion that does not really exist. Anything that has to do with anything I think I know has the possibility of not existing at all.

So can I 100% say I believe in anything? I must say I do not.

Now I just have to find what is making this possible illusion. And if I find out what or who is causing the illusion, still that could be an illusion as well and I would have to refrain from totally believing in that as well.

There is a deep thought for ya.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by wiredamerican

Do you believe in your concept of not believing?

ETA: This could turn into a Monty Python-esque sketch...

[edit on 22/5/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
I would think a person that believed in nothing must have a serious problem.

Gees, you've at least got to believe in the basics of life to even survive.

I'm a dreamer and make my own reality so I believe in many, many things.

A person born without a complete brain would be the only type of person that could not believe in something. This is excluding brain injury and disease.

I think, therefore I am.

you're right, a self-proclaimed nihilist can't be one, because they believe they are a nihilist (or believe in not believing). it's kinda like how atheists can be equally as fanatical as christians.
only someone who is truly, clinically touched in the head can be a nihilist, haha.

but also i think it's pretty pointless to be on a website such as this if you don't believe in anything. you're either a troll, or ...well, as i said earliar.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by shagreen heart

but also i think it's pretty pointless to be on a website such as this if you don't believe in anything. you're either a troll, or ...well, as i said earliar.

I'm not a troll, and just because I can't decide what to believe in or not doesn't mean I'm not entirely fascinated by people's perspectives on the world as they see it.

I'm fascinated by all the little pieces of the puzzle, but until I can view the entire puzzle from a completely detached point of view then I can't possibly put all my eggs in one basket.

I can understand where you are coming from though.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker11

Originally posted by shagreen heart

I'm not a troll, and just because I can't decide what to believe in or not doesn't mean I'm not entirely fascinated by people's perspectives on the world as they see it.

I'm fascinated by all the little pieces of the puzzle, but until I can view the entire puzzle from a completely detached point of view then I can't possibly put all my eggs in one basket.

I can understand where you are coming from though.

i should change what i said to "if you don't believe in anything, or aren't trying to find understanding in any aspect of life".

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
i believe nothing
and know very little.

ok i lied..
..i believe that everyone should believe in 'Maybe. lol

but what i know,
i know

ok, lied again...
i think i know what i know,
but for all i know i maybe wrong! lol

[edit on 22-5-2010 by Ahmose]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Better Mouse Trap

I have to admit there are very few subjects that in my opinion are factual and/or plausible on ATS. Be it Ghosts, Alien Visitation, NWO, Chemtrails and 9/11 inside jobby jobs etc, although I choose to keep an open mind to complelling evidence to prove my opinions to be incorrect, and certainly enjoy reading and learning about subjects through their dissection here on ATS.
I feel I would deeply distrust someone who would flat out deny all conspiracies as much as I would someone who bought into all of them.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by Saytan75]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I seriously hate the naive ones that won't budge and say that what you see is what you get.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

True, but one can "see" each layer and then in that case what you see IS what you got. Just because one person only sees the skin of the apple doesn't mean another person didn't see the rest inside

-Kyo

top topics

join