It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YOU are as much at fault as BIG OIL by default

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Mods if in the wrong area please move.

The governments lured us away from our Great,Great,Great grandparents by giving us a lazier lifestyle using all BIG OIL fuels...WE are too lazy to go back to the old lifestyle so we keep feeding the beast BIG OIL....So if you cannot take the responsibily that YOU are also causing this mess then you are denying the truth of logic.

I live within walking distance to my job and only use big oil products to heat my apartment and food deliveries to my local store (which is also within walking distance), so I will not exclude myself in Blame,,,I have faced the fact I am also responsible by default,but I only use it out of necessity more than anything else.

The only way to kill the beast BIG OIL is quit feeding it,,,so Quit wining about its big oils fault.

And look I used logic as proof so noone can say "Wheres the proof?" True logic needs no proof.

Do I have any arguements ATS Or is this thread too realistic for you to accept.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
It would help if we fully knew HOW to live without big oil. You can't really blame people for exsisting in a world where they have been raised to accept this as a part of their lifestyles with no other commercially viable option. Green options are ridiculously out of reach for most people.

Although I certainly don't expect ordinary people to take the blame when the corporations make bad decisions and we end up with massive leaks because of corporate greed.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
One of my main objectives in life is to try and build a self efficient home. But solar panels are so damn expensive right now.

Home gardens and lots of security out in pleasant-ville.

I'm allowed to dream.~

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
We need to go back to small communities that are "self-sustaining" Each community makes or grows what it needs within the community and quit trying to sell our product outside of the community where it is made.... All big bussinesses are interconnected with each other. Without BIG OIL all will fall.BIG OIL IS THEIR BLOOD.

We need to raise our kids if it isn't food and clothing it isn't a necessity so quit asking for it. JUST SAY NO

I am not blaming the ordinary citizen for the oil companies greed,But we are feeding the fire (so to speak)by not starting the changes needed to do without them.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by rtcctr

While I agree with you, I also have the selfish notion that the material goods that bring me joy in my life would fail if it was just a collection of small communities. I like being a part of the whole. As long as I could still communicate with people over a system like this, but with a cleaner power source at the core of everything, then it would be wonderful.
Maybe it's more in my mind, but the idea of small self sustaining communities invokes a mental image of humanity also taking a step backwards technologically.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Oh yeah, let me just stop using the number one source of energy in USA. Let me get on that for you right away. How are you going to have the audacity to claim this is our fault? I'm NOT the one that murdered Nikola Tesla, I'm NOT the one that gives these big oil companies the powers they have. I'm NOT the one making all the decisions. I'm NOT in charge of what fuels we use. Before you go around pointing the blame finger, maybe you should use that dormant organ inside your skull, if it hasn't been turned into mush by too much television and propaganda. Double thumbs down for you

On another note, what the hell have you done about the oil problems? My guess is not a damned thing.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
We are all totaly 100 percent complicit in fuelling big oils agendas of raping this planet into the ground. If anybody really gave a # they would use solar panels or a #ing rowing machine to power there laptops to vent there anger about BP. But they dont do they, ive even workd for plenty of oil companies in my time. If i had any real conviction i wouldnt take there money, but i do, i then use that money to fuel turbo'd sports cars that when driven like there stolen do maybe 5mpg or less. Is that really what the enviroment needs?, nope!, but i do it anyway.

So in short yes, i agree 100% each and everyone of us, though not actualy to blame for a serious brake down in health and safety protocols that led to an ecological disaster, we are however to blame for generating this demand, that in turn can lead to such disasters, simple as that.

Everbody is a hypocrite in there own little way, best people realise that and get off there preachy high horse.

I remember asking protesters years ago at a power station they were demonstrating at, how exactly they arrived at there destination. Oh i lol'd in there faces pretty hard that day.

Yeah maaaann, were here to protest big oil manufacturing that destroys the enviroment maaaann, ORLY???, took the train did you???, didnt spend a couple of days hiking no?, maybe half a day cycling nah?, took the train was it?, LOL, retards.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by rtcctr

OMG go preach your nonsense elsewhere... This is common sense! Enough of these crap posts already consume ATS, we don't need more.

And fact of the matter is, if you look into your claims a little bit further instead of making opinionated statements you would see that the lines are not so clear cut as you infer. Perhaps even that your statements are so far off the mark, that its not even worth your time.

Good day.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
It is not our dependence on oil, but our dependence on CURRENCY.
We can do without oil, don't be fooled. We can't do without currency, and that is what this is all about.
Controlling the currency.

That is why they will absolutely shut you down if your little community creates its own currency.

SO,

ssshhhhh......

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by rtcctr
Mods if in the wrong area please move.

The governments lured us away from our Great,Great,Great grandparents by giving us a lazier lifestyle using all BIG OIL fuels...WE are too lazy to go back to the old lifestyle so we keep feeding the beast BIG OIL....So if you cannot take the responsibily that YOU are also causing this mess then you are denying the truth of logic.

I live within walking distance to my job and only use big oil products to heat my apartment and food deliveries to my local store (which is also within walking distance), so I will not exclude myself in Blame,,,I have faced the fact I am also responsible by default,but I only use it out of necessity more than anything else.

The only way to kill the beast BIG OIL is quit feeding it,,,so Quit wining about its big oils fault.

And look I used logic as proof so noone can say "Wheres the proof?" True logic needs no proof.

Do I have any arguements ATS Or is this thread too realistic for you to accept.

So far you have done nothing but point an accusatory finger at just about every person in the modern world. Good job.
Where are your solutions to end the dependency on oil? Where are your ideas to raise the funds needed to go "totally green?" How do you suppose that people get to work, especially those that have to commute 30+ minutes to work every day? Where are your ideas to revamp the infrastructure of every modern nation so that there is enough public transportation to supply your imaginary demand for it? Where are your solutions to the vast amounts of agricultural land without a town in sight for miles in either direction? Are you going to put a monorail line through every farm, and every rural area in the US?

See, your argument is knee-jerk at best, offers no real solution, and is just plain dumb, sorry to say.

We will be dependent on big oil until the day that the last oil well is dried up. The methods should be changed as far as extracting oil. New compounds should be developed so that we don't have to depend on it for soda, water, milk, household cleaner, and other such plastic bottles. This will lessen the demand, but as far as infrastructure, like I said before, it would take a hundred years or more to develop that much in order for us to stop depending so much on oil. Fix the ways in which it is extracted, make the lines foolproof, and keep using it. That's the best that anybody can do.

Besides, I have a feeling that you're just a troll, so I have no idea why I spent so much time writing out a well-versed response to your badly written finger pointing game.

Is what I just said too realistic for you to accept?

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I don't have a drivers license or car either, but do you see me pointing fingers at my fellow humans who are in the same mess?

No, because they all know that the oil companies conspiring with the government, made it sure that we use their product and to keep any alternatives hidden.

Not to mention you post this on the internet, if there is one thing swallowing a lot of oil today it is the whole computer and network world, it would be as easy as turning that off.

top topics

join