It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Transistor Bridges Human-Machine Gap

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

New Transistor Bridges Human-Machine Gap

beforeitsnews.com

"Getting a biological molecule to control the electric current in a transistor is a first step towardcomputers that would interface directly with the brain, Noy told TechNewsDaily."

"To develop machines controlled by the mind, "we will need to have a way for our [brain cells] to talk to the electronic systems," Noy said. "I think what we demonstrated is a first step towards that distant goal."

Humans and machines could be one step closer to merging thanks to a new transistor
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Gap between Humans, Machines Will Close by 2050

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
This is a good break through if just for the use of the disabled. Although this being ATS, the other possibilities for something like this could also be in the making of say a military cyborg. Or possibility mind control. As with any discovery the uses could be almost limitless. Please post what ever you think about this or where it might go.

beforeitsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Amazing!

Even though I doubt we will see AI until at least 2100 (if we are still alive as a race), this is a major breakthrough. It sounds like the reality of "The Matrix" is not so farfetched.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by Maddogkull]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I would love it! I agree with some of the thoughts expressed here already. I've kind of felt like this kind of thing would be worked on way in the future, like in the 22nd century or the 23rd century. I felt we would have our normal old technology now (with it being really super and all), but, I kind of thought that the jump would occur midway this century... not right now or anything. I'd love to live in a Cyborg body. I'd probably be one of the first to do it. The idea is really cool to me.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

I would definitely not be the first to try it, (just because this stuff interacting with our brain) They might always be complications. But I am just paranoid
One thing I wonder, aren’t they talking more if information transfer from computer to human brain, more than a cyborg body in this article?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
The big issue will come when we realize than the good implementations will only be available to the rich. The rulling class will finally have biological superiority in addition to the existing advantages. The rest of us? prepare for slavery and two races world.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by Romanian]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
as I said in other threads, in the future, we will live in virtual worlds without even knowing

and that makes us think, what if are we already doing it? if we were, then we could be in 1000000 worlds and not even know ... crazy huh, but in a near future, we all will be able to experience virtual worlds like they were real

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

To bad we wont be alive to experiance it

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

i wonder if that picture has something to do with that stuff?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I don't get it? care to elaborate? (The picture)

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

Maddogkull
I am not the poster of the xray pic but I think the point might be the foreign object on the right side at the top of the spine.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

Wow, I did not even notice that at all. Seems like a chip I would think?

Hopefully the poster replies

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
it is a bit odd hay.

no scars either, there are other on other places on the spine, but ive found some of them photo shopped to cover it up.

go figure, almost undetectable but this one slipped through to confim an older one form about 9-10 years ago, this one is a clearer image.

and on others that were photoshopped you can see the straight fade line as well as placement.

so its not based on just one but that is the best one, the others i would prefer a profesional to take a look and have a better way to display them.

as just happend on these posts it took a bit for that chip to be noticed, look closer and you see the antena or dowload port maybe.

i have a hard time looking at it to long, feal a bit narcisistic, about it weird huh.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

today i sent a request to the President of the United States of America, pres Obama, for help in this matter.

i put a thread up also story on the david icke forum, oh there are cuss words on those threads just so you know.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romanian
The big issue will come when we realize than the good implementations will only be available to the rich. The rulling class will finally have biological superiority in addition to the existing advantages. The rest of us? prepare for slavery and two races world.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by Romanian]

How naive can you get?
Haven't you realised, we are already there, and have been for a long time.
Wake up people. But God is watching, make no mistake about that. OK

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Thanks to everyone for posting.

I like to think the scary, abusive aspects of this are a long ways off, although be it we will all just have to wait and see about that. I do hope it will bring some hope to those who will need it.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
Thanks to everyone for posting.

I like to think the scary, abusive aspects of this are a long ways off, although be it we will all just have to wait and see about that. I do hope it will bring some hope to those who will need it.

not realy, i was water boarded by the time i was in first grade, beaten and abused in many ways, let me see what else, no privacy, mind link to computer im sure something get monitored.

scary well , imagine taking a look at your x-rayz, seing that but the doctors dont.

it bothers me that when the real stuff is shown it gets down played.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by fortis

Fortis
Ok you took this thread to a whole new level. You said you see the object in your xray but the doctors don't? Could you elabrate on the doctors not seeing something that does seem to be there to those of us who are looking at it?

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Transistors are electronic components that can modulate or switch current on and off in a circuit. To make one that would respond to a biological molecule, Noy and his team borrowed from living cells.

Maybe they realize with these studies that there is more of a symbiotic realitionship with the plants around the world. Instead of another 100, 200 years into the future to develop this technology, it's already here. They just need to use what we already have that grows around us.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

A great point about the disable being able to use this technology to make their lives much easier.

Imagine the new kinds of implants/prostethics that could be created which could be fused to your body and controlled just like any other limb with your brain.

Quite astounding.

~Keeper

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join