It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

NASA's space mystery

page: 1
4
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
After the retirement of the space shuttle NASA won't have the ability for at least 4 years to send astronauts into space. The Ares I rocket with the Orion module will be operational in 2014. (I'm not even going to discuss the fact that said technology is a rehash of the '60s ...).

I can't believe that the public is buying this info. To me NASA's announcement is a quiet admission that there are other "vehicles" in US possession that can get the job done. I believe that the Ares, and Orion program is a ruse. We've had a parallel space program for years, possibly run by the Navy and not the Air Force.

I think that the only superpower remaining on this planet would not give up such a strategic advantage. It just doesn't sound right to me. I believe that we will have a major announcement coming in the next three years that will reveal an "alternate" space vehicle with incredible specs.

I only wonder how they're going to explain the two parallel space programs? Well, my guess would be the lovely term "National Security".

What do you think? Am I dreaming ...?




posted on May, 22 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
US Navy goes to space more than NASA does.

We still have it covered.



posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
"We still have it covered"???

Gosh, how very small minded of you. It's another reason why I dislike egos. America this, and America that...

It's not the nation that puts these things into space, it's the people. Think about that for a minute, and you might realise something important.


Back on topic:

With respect of the program being devoid of a functioning shuttle to get astronauts and payloads into space, this "gap" is very interesting for a number of reasons.

My initial thought on this was that it was VERY shortsighted of NASA to not spot the fact that the shuttle was due for retirement, and that there wasn't a replacement. Then it struck me that NASA usually has things planned out years in advance. Suggesting that something has long since been "worked out", and that we aren't being told what it is.

It could well be that NASA is working with a technology that they do not want to share with the rest of the world just yet. Why is not my place to speculate, but that would be one possible theory.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by dampnickers]



posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
NASA don't want the TR-3B technology. It don't feed the stockholders of the rocket manufacturing corporations.



posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by dampnickers
My initial thought on this was that it was VERY shortsighted of NASA to not spot the fact that the shuttle was due for retirement, and that there wasn't a replacement. Then it struck me that NASA usually has things planned out years in advance. Suggesting that something has long since been "worked out", and that we aren't being told what it is.
[edit on 22-5-2010 by dampnickers]


I agree with you. It's so obvious that it is too obvious ... ? I really wonder what they know, after all it's our money.



posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AllIsOne
 


Yeah they got something figured out and that is, let Russia carry our guys to space. It's just another job going over seas.



posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Aren't the Deadelous, Enterprise, defiant and and more already in use ?



I like your thinking and I wouldn't be surprised if you're right.



posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loken68
reply to post by AllIsOne
 


Yeah they got something figured out and that is, let Russia carry our guys to space. It's just another job going over seas.


What if it isn't just another job "going over seas"?

What if a deal had/has secretly been reached with other space agencies around the world to co-operate, and to share the responsibilities of "working in space"?

It makes sense that in the "global economy" that the various agencies are made to share the responsibilities of space exploration. For example, if you have one nation building rockets, and another building the satellites, then in theory, the whole operation should be more efficient, and productive... sadly, this is rarely the case.

However, something does not seem right about the lack of a replacement for the shuttle.

Rather like the fact that JAXA still hasn't released it's HD footage of the moon's surface.

Rather like the fact that ESA has announced that Phobos is "constructed", but hasn't announced it through official channels.

Rather like the fac that we are kept in the dark on so many issues.



posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
This anti NASA thread is a little thin...

let me explain why....

They know there is extraterrestrial life existing this second in our solar system and beyond. They are not telling us this for control.

They know more about the Earth and her ARTIFICIAL satellite called Luna or the Moon. They are not telling us this for control.

Mars and the Moon have ancient ruins on it, and has life on it today, now.They are not telling us this - for control.

NASA are holding back a whole lot more than you could conceive. At least you are starting to take your baby steps. Good for you !




posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow
This anti NASA thread is a little thin...


I'm not anti-, or pro-NASA. I want the truth. So, can't wait for you to bring the "thick"





They know there is extraterrestrial life existing this second in our solar system and beyond. They are not telling us this for control.

They know more about the Earth and her ARTIFICIAL satellite called Luna or the Moon. They are not telling us this for control.


Any proof of this, or just another Joe making unsubstantiated claims?



posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
It does seem strange for the US to be without a manned space craft for four years, epecially with the Chinese making gains into space. That said, four years doesn't seem that long a time.



posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by dampnickers

Back on topic:

With respect of the program being devoid of a functioning shuttle to get astronauts and payloads into space, this "gap" is very interesting for a number of reasons.

My initial thought on this was that it was VERY shortsighted of NASA to not spot the fact that the shuttle was due for retirement, and that there wasn't a replacement. Then it struck me that NASA usually has things planned out years in advance. Suggesting that something has long since been "worked out", and that we aren't being told what it is.

It could well be that NASA is working with a technology that they do not want to share with the rest of the world just yet. Why is not my place to speculate, but that would be one possible theory.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by dampnickers]




Weeeelll...


There Is This recently approved patent:





posted on 15-11-2009 @ 08:26 AM

Patent Awarded - Congratulaions to an Old Friend

U.S. Patent #7,614,586 B2

Date: November 10, 2009


Title: "Method of Traveling to Earth's Orbit Using Lighter Than Air Vehicles"

Text of the Patent Here:

patft.uspto.gov.../



Congratulations to an old friend and collegue!

It took a number of years of effort, and enduring lots of derision, but he finally succeded. Hats off!


And now, those that complain that "We need need a New Way to get to orbit" can content themselves with this: An "old" way, made New!




This is from a thread I posted last year, as you can see.


At the time, I thought that is was HIGHLY suspicious that the U.S. Patent Office would grant a patent not just for a specific "application" (the ATO vehicle itself), But for A METHOD! of achieving orbit.



That's kind of like being granted a patent on not just the integrated circut, but on the entire concept of the PERSONAL COMPUTER!


Who knows if he can make it work; some one thinks it might work.

Could that "some one" be in the Government?


Take a look at the vehicles this patent proposes to utilize.


Look familiar to anyone?


Maybe conveniently similar to things that lots of folks have been seeing and speculating about for some time now?





They say that the best "hiding places" are those that are in plain sight.



posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by dampnickers

It makes sense that in the "global economy" that the various agencies are made to share the responsibilities of space exploration. For example, if you have one nation building rockets, and another building the satellites, then in theory, the whole operation should be more efficient, and productive... sadly, this is rarely the case.


"Globalization" is also a good cover to bring all the international space agencies under one roof, headed by NASA. I believe it's getting increasingly difficult for NASA to control and stem the flow of information. There are too many spacefaring nations now with their own satellites and probes.



posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow
This anti NASA thread is a little thin...

let me explain why....

They know there is extraterrestrial life existing this second in our solar system and beyond. They are not telling us this for control.

They know more about the Earth and her ARTIFICIAL satellite called Luna or the Moon. They are not telling us this for control.

Mars and the Moon have ancient ruins on it, and has life on it today, now.They are not telling us this - for control.

NASA are holding back a whole lot more than you could conceive. At least you are starting to take your baby steps. Good for you !




Look here for a few examples of what watchZEITGEISTnow is on about.

This is the kind of place he gets his info the living moon site.

Lets look at an example of the kind of proof they claim

Spaceships
Look at the one I like to call the pink sperm spaceship.

www.thelivingmoon.com...

Have a look at the site they take some really old photographs and bad scans zoom in to much LOOSE all detail then join the dots and colour in like young children.

Then they do the same with recent missions but they just dont know when to stop zooming because they haven't a clue!

On the site you see what they claim are buildings ,quarry equipment, factories and more, one of the members used to be on here until is expertise was called into question re spires on the moon which turned out to be shadows and he doesn't seem to be on here I wont give his name but lots will KNOW who I am talking about.

Artificial Moon
Ruins
Life on them today


BULL COOKIES YES



posted on May, 23 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008
 


Are you still here?

made any threads yet that deserve a flag? no? Thought not?

Once again a personal attack by you - I'm starting to believe you are a MOD in disguise as you get away with it so often.




posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow
reply to post by wmd_2008
 


Are you still here?

made any threads yet that deserve a flag? no? Thought not?

Once again a personal attack by you - I'm starting to believe you are a MOD in disguise as you get away with it so often.




Whats stated in the post is TRUE thats the difference mate by the way like I have said before collect as many flags as you want I dont give a flying ****.

I will point out all the ZOOMED/FAKED pics I find on here and I just love the livingmoon site because pics like the P S Spaceship show people like Lear and Hoagland for what they are WRONG



posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow
 


Any actual sources you can link to?


jra

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllIsOne
After the retirement of the space shuttle NASA won't have the ability for at least 4 years to send astronauts into space.


A similar thing happened after the Apollo program was stopped. There was a 6 year gap between the last Apollo flight and the first Shuttle flight.


The Ares I rocket with the Orion module will be operational in 2014. (I'm not even going to discuss the fact that said technology is a rehash of the '60s ...).


In what way is it a rehash?


I think that the only superpower remaining on this planet would not give up such a strategic advantage. It just doesn't sound right to me. I believe that we will have a major announcement coming in the next three years that will reveal an "alternate" space vehicle with incredible specs.


I don't see how loosing manned spaceflight for a few years is such a big deal. It's happened before like I pointed out above. Plus, if Space X's Falcon 9 goes up with no issues, we could see commercial manned spaceflight sooner than the Ares 1/Orion (if it doesn't get cancelled).



posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
If the Navy has a space program independent of NASA and the USAF, where are their rockets launching into space from?

As anyone on the Space Coast of Florida or around the Vandenburg launch site in California, it's kind of hard to have a "secret" launch from any launch site, because it is noticeable from 50-100 miles in every direction, just from the sound.

You can sort of hide the payload of a space launch, but it sure is hard to hide an entire space program outside of the Cape and Vandenburg.

The Navy is the busiest customer in the Eastern Missile Range, but the ICBMs the Navy launches isn't suitable for a manned program.


Just my opinion.



posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by AllIsOne
 


I would have thought they could have extended the life the of the Shuttle Fleet if they really had to. That they shut it down without a tested replacement, tells me that we have other ways of getting humans into space. I wouldn't be surprised if the Military had it's own Shuttle Fleet or something even better.




top topics



 
4
<<   2 >>

log in

join