It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Spiral

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

This could easily be done using Particle Illusion for After Effects by anyone fluent with them:
www.wondertouch.com...

I'm guessing that would be the easiest way. I'm an AE n00b but I know what it can do. You could also do with the standalone Particle Illusion program that's been out for a good number of years.

I was in the middle of throwing together a quick example I pre-prepped using Vegas, nightsky video of over the US Capitol building. I added that into the standalone Particle Illusion creator and had it half way done but the damn thing crashed while I was going thru all of the thousands of the sprites trying to find the best spiral effect to finish it off. I'm not willing to spend anymore time on it, but here's an example from youtube:

The part towards the beginning of the spiral effect, at about 18 seconds, would be simple for anyone practiced with PI itself. Anyone skilled with both it and AE could throw it together in no time. I spent more time going thru the effects than I did anything in my short attempt.

I wouldn't be surprised if the exact effects they used are already in the archive of particles that comes with it, but even if not you can make or tweek your own. You can check for yourself.

It's a cool program that's pretty easy to figure out, and it comes with particles that embarrass the effects in their video. You'll have to download the extra particle packs if you want them all.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I used photoshop Elements 2 and a Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch for mine.

The Bamboo came with Elements 7, but the stupid thing would crash if I sneezed too hard- so back to 2 I went.

I am decidedly 'low tech' when faking photos. That, and I cant afford all the fun toys like Adobe Effects. I wish I could. So... I make do with what I have.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
So normally I get angry at people just quickly dismissing a post, I know we can't just blindly believe and we are supposed to deny ignorance but it seems like there are groups of people on this site that want everything to be fake, they stick together and automatically dismiss a post and gang up on the OP. So usually i refrain from posting as I will just end up being rude to those dismissing.

Now that being said come on people this is so obviously fake. The first 2 vids posted in this thread are not even GOOD CGI!!! The fact that it says it's in western Canada and mentions Prince Rupert in BC seems fitting as it's not too far from Vancouver where there are a ton of visual effect studios where this could have easily been made at.

Anyways I'm from not too far from Rupert and there was definitely nothing in the news about this and nothing being said about it among any people which would lead us to believe that it was not seen by anyone other then the makers of the vid. All this added to the horrible cgi vid leads me to say HOAX HOAX A THOUSAND TIMES HOAX!!!! And not even that great of one.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
This is too perfectly still and centered to be real. Plus they just so happened to be filming at the perfect spot where it come in perfectly from the left at the perfect height and stops dead center without any adjustment from the camera.

It's a fake. Looks cool tho.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure i saw that in a Star trek movie.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I think the hoaxer has been watching the newer Star Wars edits a little too much...

[edit on 23-5-2010 by Torgo]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
The first thing that I noticed was the 1-2 sec greyed out part of the 2 videos, something that tells me that the plane and insect videos were done by the same ppl and most likely fake.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by VoidInMind]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
As lovely as it was, I would also have to say it looked a little "too" perfect (CGI). If it was real, then we have another situation entirely on our hands. If it's not real, then why don't we ask what the motivation is behind creating such false imagery?

P

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I love reading through these UFO video threads.
I made this by editing an existing youtube video to show how they pretty much go:

With the inevitable conclusion at the end.

- Lee

[edit on 23-5-2010 by lee anoma]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

May your video live long and prosper.

[edit on 5/23/2010 by Phage]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by misfitofscience
crickets chirp...especially right now. I live in Canada and hear them at night.

I have heard crickets stop chirping when there was a clap of thunder or other loud sound. Yet those crickets seemed oblivious to the sonic boom or whatever we are supposed to believe the sounds were.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Lee anoma.....

Good work!

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   

I lmao, thanks for posting that

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Beautiful sunset. Amazing sight in the sky.
Hundreds of reports streaming in...
Oh wait...
No reports streaming in.

That is a horrid video.

That pretty much sums it up.

Nice visuals. bad hoax.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Watching your video made this thread worthwhile.

On topic, even though I usually refrain from commenting till I've spent a bit of time investigating a case. I think in this instance it's readily apparent the video's a hoax.

1. The camera's too steady.
2. The emitter is blatantly showing billboarded particles.
3. The horizon's off-center.
4. The light-gradient from the explosion has well defined edges between the levels.

All of these are tell-tale signs that it's CGI. Not to mention that no one else is reporting anything. It would seem 3D/video post-processing hoaxes are becoming the modern man's crop circle. So sad.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by Xtraeme]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

Why wast everyones time on this obvious fake.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
It could be another low skilled CGI from some person with a digital ego. What city was this in so I can start to investigate.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by expat2368

I don't think it needs much analysis to see thats its a total fake. Both videos of the so called event don't even look alike.
Certainly has stock audio crickets, probably downloaded from Freesounds too by the sounds of it.

So nothing to see here.. Move along...

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jolois

Looks more like we had a real visitor, they got detected they tried to leave and when they engaged there hperdrive they blew up. Or they got shot down. Thats what that ring was. Have you ever seen a nuke in space. It has the same ring.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I call fake on all it of it!
Howabout someone with some detective skills just check and see if both witnesses are friends on Facebook or something.

I can only see two names, mentioned so far, Max Devall and Steven Murray.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join