It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Spiral

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Cool amateur CGI effect! Too bad it's already been done to death in just about every sci fi movie the past 10 years.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I'm very disapointed that this has generated so much attention in this community. I don't know what else to say other than the video is pathetically bad and doesn't even remotely look authentic.

How is it possible people think that's real?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by supyo

Don't lose heart. There aren't many who are taking it seriously.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I'm not saying anything either way, though it does resemble this video a bit.

The plane video looks the most believable, so that's not really good news for the rest of the photos/videos.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
It does look pretty fake...
There should be other reports coming in if it was an actual event.. wait and see..

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Who the HELL decides what is posted on the front page of ATS!??? really I would like to know to drag them outside and give them a good slapping!.

Really? is this what it has come down to. # it must be a really slow news day if this makes it to the headline of this site.
A really badly done computer animation that looks something like a shooting star that goes supernova???? WYF!.

if anything thinks this is real the they really should get glasses. I did not bother to read the posts over the last 3 pages, I only hope that it is 3 pages of complaints at the sheer fake crappery of what this is!!

in short.,

Complete Arse!

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
That is so fake! And its not even cool...
Two thumbs down...

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by sam_inc
and the worst thing abou the video, they had to add crickets

Crickets don't sing in May, especially in northern Canada. They chirp in August and September.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
Who the HELL decides what is posted on the front page of ATS!??? really I would like to know to drag them outside and give them a good slapping!.

JakiusFogg.....

The placement of "front page" posts is statistically driven.....it is automated.

You & I are keeping it there by doing this!

As per my previous post, I think you'll find this will be in the hoax forum very soon.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 22-5-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Do we have any professional image analysts on the thread?

-Those who proclaim it's genuine, just what exactly is it that's genuine?

-Those who proclaim its faked, just what exactly is it being faked?

In other words, if it's real, what is it? if it's fake, what is it supposed to be?

Either way its quite trivial, try not to get carried away and as always..

Remain Vigilant.

[edit on 21/05/2010 by bonsaisert]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
you can make more believable cgi with 20 minutes of reading and a 100mb download....seriously....If you thought this may be real for more than 5 seconds after the "orb" started its movement then you need a reality check...

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
It don't look like a spiral to me it looks more like a Craft making a "hyperspace jump" of some sort. Looks cool though.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

any professional image analysts

That alone is quite a difficult question. Are there such people?

I'd assume the majority of image analysts aren't that perse but rather people who know the ins and outs of making such content to begin with.

It can also just be people who enjoy picking up detail.

I don't think anyone out there is actually paid to be an image analyst I'm afraid, apart from perhaps surveillance experts who help fight Al Q'aeda. (Oh, and medical sciences it seems) But do prove me wrong, I'd like to know if there really are qualified/paid positions in image analysis

[edit on 22-5-2010 by markymint]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

That SUCKS!!

I thought it was Mod driven or at least A HUMAN there inside ATS cherry picking the best and brightest.

if that is true

I am SOOOO disappointed!!

[edit on 22/505/1010 by JakiusFogg]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg

Really? is this what it has come down to. # it must be a really slow news day if this makes it to the headline of this site.
A really badly done computer animation that looks something like a shooting star that goes supernova???? WYF!.

if anything thinks this is real the they really should get glasses. I did not bother to read the posts over the last 3 pages, I only hope that it is 3 pages of complaints at the sheer fake crappery of what this is!!

in short.,

Complete Arse!

Blame the 'flag hunters'. Sadly in this day and age everyone seems to seek a status.

Noticed a few that have only been members for 1 month and have 50% flag contribution level, they must sit here for a few hours each day flagging anything and everything.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
What a horrible HOAX.

This CGI is amateur. The animation was awful! You can tell they used keyframes to animate this...

After the object curves upwards, it starts to leave a trail of...?...smoke? exhaust? fuel?... you can CLEARLY see this is a normal particle effect available in multiple rendering software packages. You can even see the settings they used...

You see, with particle effects, you can change the way each particle looks. You actually use any image you want, .jpg, .gif, .png, etc. You can even take a picture of your face, and make each particle a mini face, and emit them from things at different rates, and sizes, and amounts, and colors, etc. Or you can change the particles to images of killer bees, and make a bee swarm. Or puffs of smoke to make an engine exhaust, or fire place smoke.

You can clearly see in the video that the object is using a particle effect that are images of spirals. You can even see the parameters they chose for the particle effect.

It appears they had it set to about 5 particles per second, because as the object moves you can see that about 5 perfect particles were released with perfect timing in between.

You can even tell they are using a type of "smoke" particle effect which gradually increases the size of each particle over time. You can see the rate of the expansion they set.

This effect is in millions of video games, so I wouldn't expect most kids to even think this video is real.

Watch this video, learn it, know it, deny ignorance.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by bonsaisert

The LH wing of the plane is fine, it is consistent with that of a light regional prop. Maybe a SAAB 340. or the like.

The point of light has a luminosity that is at first glance unnatural, but OK we will go with it.

When the thing goes nova, the flare is such that at the resolution o fthe camera the pixelation can be seen in the gradient of the flare and is inconsistent with the resolution of the main shot.

The human reaction is far to mute to be a real reaction to what is seen, let alone the lack of background noise that you would find on a commercial flight.

The high pitched wistle of the supposed air con noise is synthetic, more akin to a white noise generator on an ipod. on regular flights there is more base and rumble as caused by the airflow and engines.

if this is in dead a light prop then engine noise is missing.

Finally the flare as caused by the explosion is inconsistent with he finall angular view of the debris field that is left behind. not to mention that the dispersal rate is far too fast.

Need I say more!?>???

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Where are the original images. The author of the pictures says that he got it while on an Evening photoshoot of the city and Venus. Nothing surprising here. Only if they were the original images...

This image has the compression signature of the following cameras:

Searching Compression Signatures: (3327 built-in, 0 user(*) )

EXIF.Make / Software EXIF.Model Quality Subsamp Match?
------------------------- ----------------------------------- ---------------- --------------
CAM:[Minolta Co., Ltd. ] [DiMAGE F100 ] [ ]
CAM:[NIKON ] [E2500 ] [FINE ]
CAM:[NIKON ] [E4500 ] [FINE ]
CAM:[NIKON ] [E5400 ] [FINE ]
CAM:[NIKON ] [E5700 ] [FINE ]
CAM:[NIKON ] [E775 ] [FINE ]
CAM:[NIKON ] [E8700 ] [FINE ]
CAM:[OLYMPUS CORPORATION ] [C8080WZ ] [ ]
CAM:[PENTAX ] [PENTAX K10D ] [ ]
CAM:[SAMSUNG TECHWIN ] [Pro 815 ] [ ]
CAM:[SAMSUNG TECHWIN ] [VLUU NV 7, NV 7 ] [ ]
CAM:[SAMSUNG TECHWIN ] [VLUU NV10, NV10 ] [ ]
CAM:[SEIKO EPSON CORP. ] [PhotoPC 3000Z ] [ ]
CAM:[SONY ] [DSC-F828 ] [ ]
CAM:[SONY ] [DSC-H1 ] [ ]
CAM:[SONY ] [DSC-H2 ] [ ]
CAM:[SONY ] [DSC-H5 ] [ ]
CAM:[SONY ] [DSC-H7 ] [ ]
CAM:[SONY ] [DSC-H9 ] [ ]
CAM:[SONY ] [DSC-L1 ] [ ]
CAM:[SONY ] [DSC-N1 ] [ ]
CAM:[SONY ] [DSC-P150 ] [ ]
CAM:[SONY ] [DSC-P200 ] [ ]
CAM:[SONY ] [DSC-S90 ] [ ]
CAM:[SONY ] [DSC-V3 ] [ ]
CAM:[SONY ] [DSC-W55 ] [ ]
CAM:[SONY ] [DSC-W7 ] [ ]
SW :[Apple ImageIO.framework ] [084 ]
SW :[IJG Library ] [095 ]

The first results that have the "fine" compression method are the most probable.

The following IJG-based editors also match this signature:
SW :[GIMP ] [095 ]
SW :[IrfanView ] [095 ]
SW :[idImager ] [095 ]
SW :[FastStone Image Viewer ] [095 ]
SW :[NeatImage ] [095 ]
SW :[Paint.NET ] [095 ]
SW :[Photomatix ] [095 ]
SW :[XnView ] [095 ]

Based on the analysis of compression characteristics and EXIF metadata:

ASSESSMENT: Class 1 - Image is processed/edited

If someone has the original images please post them here.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Brutal CGI, there goes at least 15 second I won't get back...

When does this get dumped out as a HOAX??

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by defiler

You are confused that is not from the source.

Heres mine:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join