It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Spiral

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by expat2368
Does not seem quite correct to just take a quick look and call fake.

Ok, I won't take a quick look and call it fake. I was calling fake at the first sound of that fake cricket soundtrack

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATSdelurker
reply to post by greeneyedleo

How is it anonymous if the guy's name is given?

Also, the article mentioned 3 photographers caught it. One of the photos was shown with the article, captioned ["Whatever it was, I got it while on an Evening photoshoot of the city and Venus." - Sean McCormick], so at least one of the other photographers wasn't anonymous either. Of course, if all four people are connected, then I'll likely say hoax.

I am reserving judgment at the moment. It certainly looks fascinating and yet too good to be true. Even if that was a natural phenomenon, looks amazing, and way cooler than the Norway spiral.

Unfortunately, what doesn't look good is the lack of info. What time and when did this happen? Where exactly were the photographers and which way were they pointed? Western Canada describes a pretty large area.

Never under estimate how far up their own jacksies many of ATS's so called *experts* are. Don't expect them to actually read a whole article when they can shout from the roofs how knowing and damnably clever they are.

If there's three independent photographers with pictures i hope we get to see them. Yeah of course it could be CGI, brilliant that, amazing cos without the oh so wordily regulars none of us would be able to spot that. Tell you what, why doesn't someone add their own Photoshopped image to it to really us us idiots how easy it is, cos we'd never ever think of that ourselves.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon

Originally posted by ATSdelurker
reply to post by greeneyedleo

pointed? Western Canada describes a pretty large area.

Tell you what, why doesn't someone add their own Photoshopped image to it to really us us idiots how easy it is, cos we'd never ever think of that ourselves.

As you requested - member's own PS version.

Don't expect them to actually read a whole article

Or the whole thread?

[edit on May 22nd 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Wow insane, I would cry fake if I hadn't seen the rest of the spirals, It does look a little too clean though. Who knows for sure? After seeing everything else I've seen I wouldn't be surprised if it's real.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Geez.....

That ol' hoax forum is just gonna get bigger & bigger!

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I live in western Canada and I can't find any mention of this anywhere else. I've emailed the author of the article asking if she knows where it was filmed, I'll post back if I get a reply.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
and the worst thing abou the video, they had to add crickets

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Ha. Definitely fake
There are some pretty damn good new UFO videos at the moment but that definitely isn't one of them. It's a shame a website with a half decent URL would spread such rubbish.

The photo was mildly convincing but they really killed it with the tacky video. Watching the video you'll notice that the point of an actual spiral occurs for about 1 second or 2 amongst 3 seconds to begin with and then a good long period afterwards of some cheap afterburner effect.

So take into consideration that whoever took the photo, if it was a genuine photo, would have had plenty of time to take a second, third, and one PRIOR to the point where it's a "spiral".

But I don't need to tell you that, it's already declared a fake. Nice effort, but I hope they admit it a fake in the future, cos it's not even a half arsed attempt. But if it was/is meant to be a tacky fake all along - fair play.

Good fake/illusion = That silver object on the beach being examined/moved by men in suits. Or that video of a UFO being carried by a truck. Halfway: The airplane abduction "footage". Bad fake/illusion = Teh West0rn Canadia Spirla

[edit on 22-5-2010 by markymint]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
The photos were interesting, the video ruined it for me.

Interesting though.

Project Blue Beam came to mind for a second.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by Skellon]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

I think that this is the effect of Project Blue Beam, and that these types of projections will increase leading to 2012 untill the government declares a fake space war and forms a one world government. The final step to one world government is weponizing space and an external threat to unite the worlds nations. But hey, what do I know.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
oooooo. This just in

Kind of odd that the sunset looks about the same (or even darker) over the Pacific as compared to western Canada.

Why is the horizon tilted?

[edit on 5/22/2010 by Phage]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thankyou Phage.....

I find those colours very soothing.....

I might watch it a bit more.....

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Yeah I live in Western Canada as well, and I heard/read/saw nothing about this either. That first picture looks bad, like norways retarded spiral-brother bad. The video looks too clean cut, besides if something flew through the atmosphere and then caused some sort of explosion that you could Hear, that maybe it would have affected satellites or have been caught by more then 4 people.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
from [email protected]
date Sat, May 22, 2010 at 6:05 PM
subject Re: Canadian Spiral
hide details 6:05 PM (8 minutes ago)
The authors were around Prince Rupert, Canada. Another video was given to us showing a similar object from a plane.

Betty -

-----------------------------------------------

Here's the video from the plane that they just posted-

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

lol mate, get drunk one night and actually believe in something like this, if only to provoke reaction^^

If you posted that Ed the Duck was real I reckon half of ATS would believe it.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by Skellon]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Sorry Phage, I forgot to refresh my page and didn't see you already posted the 2nd vid.

I've never flown before, for those of you that have does this look like it was filmed from an airplane?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by freelance_zenarchist

No worries.
Well, it could be from an airplane but...
There isn't much room to set up a tripod in airplane seat and that is a very steady camera.

In the Pacific, West of Canada, the sky would be brighter at sunset. Not the same or darker.

Now, I expect the next video will be shaky.

[edit on 5/22/2010 by Phage]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
It's not my intention to defend this video, but rather to defend the art of debunking videos. As fake as something looks, you need to find actual consistent reasons that show it's fake.

It looks fake, but I see nothing that immediately proves it to be a fake. Just a gut reaction. But the crickets aren't necessarily fake. If it's a recording of crickets, well, the recording was taken somewhere...

Saying the ground would be illuminated is also not necessarily true. It could easily be an object too far away to cause a noticeable change, given the angles.

The lack of witnesses is the best evidence that it's fake. Those photos indicate that it should have been visible to thousands of people. I bet if we looked into it, we'd find that the three "independent" photographers aren't so independent.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Why is the horizon tilted?

More to the piont Phage, why have we clear skies on the ground first footage, but we have what looks like massive cloud cover from the plane ?

No doubt the footage is taken from the plane you can clearly see the wing move to the (tilted) horizon,

Wally

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I think the biggest indication that the video is fake is that it is in a perfect place to catch the whole scene BEFORE the light even shows up.

If the videographer had THAT much luck setting up the video, I recommend he immediately play the lottery, because that much luck should pay off! lol

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join