It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gwinnett County Workers Asked To Repay Bonuses, 16 Years Later

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
jobs.aol.com...|main|dl4|link4|http%3A%2F%2Fjobs.aol.com%2Farticles% 2F2010%2F05%2F19%2Fworkers-asked-to-repay-bonsuses-16-years-later%2F

Aaron Bovos, Gwinnett County's chief financial officer, angered a lot of Georgia employees earlier this week when he initiated a project to "clean up receivables and to eliminate outstanding obligations," by asking 180 employees to return bonuses that were overpaid back in September of 1994. Isn't there a statute of limitations for asking for a gift back?

According to reports from Bovos, his office is attempting to "better manage assets and resources, including collecting outstanding advances made to employees."

Wow...

This country has massive unemployed. More and more people are living in tent cities. And now people who are fortunate to still be employed are having their employers going back years to find reasons to get money from them.

Unreal...

[edit on 5/22/2010 by Jessicamsa]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Wow...this just leaves me speechless. I never thought that a bonus was something that should have to be repayed. Once given it's gone. Such horrid news. S&F from me.

new topics

join