It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NKorea warns of war if punished for ship sinking

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

NKorea warns of war if punished for ship sinking

apnews.myway.com

"If the (South Korean) enemies try to deal any retaliation or punishment, or if they try sanctions or a strike on us .... we will answer to this with all-out war," Col. Pak In Ho of North Korea's navy told broadcaster APTN in an exclusive interview in Pyongyang.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

The exchange of war rhetoric raised tensions, but the isolated communist regime - already under international pressure to cease its nuclear weapons program - often warns of dire consequences against South Korea or Washington for any punitive steps against it. Its large but decrepit military would be no match for U.S. and Korean forces.

Isn't this odd? N.Korea has been found to have sunk the S.Korean Maritime Vessel and now the N.Koreans are sounding off that if their country is placed under further sanctions they will wage an all out war.

So a rogue country is allowed to sink another country's Naval Ship and no other other country can punish it for it.

N.Korea is trying very hard to start a fight with S.Korea, its like we will keep sinking your ships until you do and if you threaten us with sanctions we will attack also.

Though previous rhetoric was ignored, but now they have sunk a ship of another nation with proof off their involvement.

Kim has gone mad, this guy has become even more senile in his old age.

apnews.myway.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
kim cannot become any more senile fortunatily, but yeah, if a war occurs, the south is more technologically advanced and IMO would beat the North's masses (who are in the whole starving to death), the only thing i can see being a problem is if WWIII commences, i cant really see it happening, but if the USA decide to back up SK, other allies will join to help (UK, along with others like the french and maybe canadians etc.) if then SK decide to start setting off bombs in NK and maybe even a nuclear bomb, i dont see china being ok with that going on near their border.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Slim

There is a reason we have a unmanned Space Ship in orbit right now. And DARPA Glider mysteriously went missing after a successful launch. DARPA claims they lost all signal with the craft, 17sec after launch....

Yea right, there are weapons in space and the are just waiting for the signal.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
but how many superpowers actually have weapons in space? i mean it has been going on for over 20 years, take Stars wars for example (the laser that the US built in the cold war to shoot down missiles)

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Slim

That was a ground laser that required immense energy source. I am talking warheads in space. The Darpa Glider was suppose to be an actual missile capable of responding to a threat and approach the target in less than 1hr. That is a warhead launched into space and takes out its target in less than 1hr, that is intense.

Now such a DARPA Glider went missing mysteriously.....

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
dont worry, im more then certain obama will do nothing. it is ironic, we just kicked out a president who would go to war for anything regardless if he had a reason and it was right or wrong, and now we have a president who wont lift a finger when we might need to!

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

dude, i was totally thinking about this when they launched that baby off into space. i was reading some NKorea news of their recent craziness while getting my oil changed when i saw that experimental space vessel on the front of a pop sci magazine. it went on to explain how the military took the project over and could not divulge any info blah blah blah, but then it had a very interesting description of what its design was for. i cant recall word-for-word, but it was along the lines of "un-manned quick entry and re-entry, while being able to reach anywhere on earth very quickly." then, coupled with the military saying they arent sure when its coming back, i honestly believe they know it works, it is armed, and it is waiting to see what happens.
crazy.
also, i believe NKorea already has someone committed to helping them in the case of war. maybe china or someone else who isnt to fond of the us. kim maybe crazy and dumb, but he has been preparing for this for a looooong time.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I am going to be awful, and kinda rude:

But anyone who is reading this in North Korea? *I* personally have a message for you.

Your so called 'leader' is a big, crying retarded waste of flesh, and if it was up to me, I'd go there, and give him the walloping his sorry little yellow rear deserves! I flip my middle finger in complete and total disgust to you, Kim Jong, the whiny Ding Dong!

Go suck a bug.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat

But anyone who is reading this in North Korea?

He thinks people in North Korea can read this.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
The only reason why North Korea is posturing like this is for the following reasons:
1) The leader of North Korea, Kim Jong Il, can not afford to appear weak in the eyes of his Military. Hence the trip to China to secure agreements that if a shooting war was to break out, they will have the backing of the Chinese military and government to assist them and to counter any actions that the US and its allies may choose to make. He also probably asked for possible tactics to use against South Korea.
The main problem is that there has never been a formal peace agreement between North and South Korea, rather it has been a cease fire, both countries are still at war with each other.
The other aspect that many people fail to see is that North Korea have absolutely nothing to lose and everything to gain in the event of a war, making them a very dangerous and rogue nation. It would not surprise me if North Korea and Iran have been sharing technology back and forth to assist each other against the US.

link   

"The evidence points overwhelmingly to the conclusion that the torpedo was fired by a North Korean submarine," he said. "There is no other plausible explanation."

Well, except for false flag...

link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

His personal friends and military most likely can, I am SURE of it.

They made those beautiful 'superdollar' counterfeits, remember? His staff and playmates have internet, and I am betting $$ they read ATS, too.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
There's a couple of red flags for me --

1. North Korea denies sinking the ship

I find this odd since in the past they have rejoiced in striking enemies or when signing questionable deals despite international outcry against said deal. In particular, weapons deals. North Korea never acts ashamed when it comes to defiance.

2. North Korea is always threatening war.

When the UN stated that all North Korean ships were to be inspected, the North decried war if any one of their ships were boarded. If memory serves correctly, this happened in the fall. The ship was inspected and no war occurred.

3. If North Korea didn't sink the ship, what's the pay-off?

If this were Iran, I would know right away what the benefit to attacking them are. However, this is North Korea and things have largely tapered off in the last six months or so -- at least seemingly. Six months ago when the North and South were fighting over the joint industrial complex and the North was making all kind of ridiculous demands, this would make sense. But there seems to be no immediate threat OR advantage to crippling North Korea NOW. Unless I'm missing something.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by lpowell0627]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
N. Korea is trying very hard to pick a fight with anyone. They have even threatened the US on several occasions. I say we give S. Korea the Bomb. That way at least they will have a deterrent in place in case N Korea starts more crap.

N.Korea's leaders are just bullies. The best way to deal with bullies are to put them in their place.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

N. Korea is trying very hard to pick a fight with anyone

As lpowell said, if they are trying very hard to pick a fight why wouldn't they admit to the attack?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
They haven't sunk it. The torpedo pesented by the "experts" is an american model torpedo ... Stop believing fox news.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by ickylevel]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ickylevel
They haven't sunk it. The torpedo pesented by the "experts" is an american model torpedo ... Stop believing fox news.

The story is from CNN, AP, and Yahoo buddy.

Drop the Kool Aid.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
What they claim to be the torpedo that hit the boat :

This mark is used as a "proof" it's north korean. Yes its was supposed to be there when they found it :

What they say it is, a north koean torpedo model :

The helix don't matches at all.

A photo of an american torpedo :

The helix matches perfectly.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ickylevel

Why do you think just because it was an American missile that the N.Korean's could not have done it?

A very popular and common practice in war is to take the enemy's weapons and use them and leave evidence to throw off suspicion on who really attacked.

Actually anyone could have done it really. Torpedo technology is not so advanced that Only American ships can launch them.

"
posted on 22-5-2010 at 01:54 PM

N. Korea is trying very hard to pick a fight with anyone

"As lpowell said, if they are trying very hard to pick a fight why wouldn't they admit to the attack?"

Who knows.. N Korea has done and said Lots of strange things over recent years. Just because they don't admit to it, is not proof in itself that they didn't do it.

Are you saying that you believe Americans sunk the ship? If so, what good reasons would Americans have to do that?

[edit on 22-5-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join