It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H.R 5353 The War is Making You Poor Act 2010

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Great bill!

Reduce the deficit.

Tax free for people with 35.000$ income.

Tax free for married couple with combined income of 70.000$

ENOUGH WITH THE WARS AND WASTE OF MONEY.

But probably won't pass because most in congress and the senate are warmongers and are making money on the wars.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I have to swoon at the sight of Mr Grayson. He handles a flip chart so magnificently, and he seems to really care for the people.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
"549 billion is enough, especially when we are using a Chinese credit card."
genius. its always nice to hear someone trying to make a legitimate change. time to write my legislators. we'll see if it makes a difference THIS time.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I live in Florida! I support this guy

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by drkid

Yeah Grayson is good on this issue but : he voted for the hate speech law and voted for the health care bill.

He voted to audit the FED...

And his wife is named LOLITA Grayson.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I just have to say this is exactly what a good bill should look like. It does not create a entitlement based on income levels or business entities. It gives everyone, rich poor or otherwise the same benefit of the law.

When our congressmen get that all bills should benefit the people entirely, not exclusively, then the new age might be ready to be ushered in. Applause to this congressman.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Rep Greyson is the same guy in the news today
calling the GOP the same as Al Queda Terrorists.

www.foxnews.com...

I am NOT quite sure I understand what he is saying.
Is he saying to take that extra money spent on the war
and give it to ALL Americans tax free? Or is he just talking
about a tax break of $35K?

I have a better idea !!!

Same premise except use the funds to pay off some of
the deficit

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I think his point is we need to do both. Give the poor and lower-middle class a tax break and pay off part of the deficit. Doing both of these things can be a huge help to our economy.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
This guy's fiscal policies are generally solid. He is in lockstep with Ron Paul on the Fed issue, even though he is a democrat and Paul is a republican. I dont like the fact that he voted for health care reform, or some of his other stands, but with respect to fiscal policy, banking issues, etc. he is right on. He is one of the incumbent Democrats who should be re-elected...and those are few and far between.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Just wanted to add this...

War is Making You Poor

from that article, this video, puts it into a little more perspective on how the money is being spent.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
This is a more watered down version of exactly what I've been saying for a long time.

Instead of bailing out anyone, we could have very easily eliminated the federal income tax for everyone for a 5 year period at least, if not permanently.

Individual income tax is a relatively small portion of the federal revenue in a year, between 35-45%. Remove that OR require companies to provide the payroll taxes to the person rather than to the government.

Either one would work just fine and it would help improve the economy and eliminate debt.

This is a fine idea and should be given to many in the media to spread the word.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by KrazyJethro

Sounds like you should start a Blog...you never know...if it gets enough exposure anything can happen

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t
reply to post by KrazyJethro

Sounds like you should start a Blog...you never know...if it gets enough exposure anything can happen

I've considered a blog, but honestly I'm not sure I'd have time and I'm a little too unconventional for most.

I wouldn't even know where to start to get good exposure, but I appreciate the endorsement.

top topics

join