It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

17 States Now Filing Versions of Arizona bill

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legion2112
reply to post by thomas_

Not to nitpick an off-topic tangent, but are you suggesting that the U.S. would starve because it produces none of its own food? If so, I invite you to visit your local grocer and see how many packaged items in your meat department state "Made in Belgium."

And yes, the term global does mean something to me... so does the word NAFTA - and it's not good.

In any case, food wasn't even a consideration in my statement since, despite your rather uninformed assessment, I know for a fact we're more than capable of feeding ourselves. No, it had more to do with the notion that, if pressed, the U.S. could be well served by going back to producing her own goods. We've done it before, we can do it again... and it's a helluva lot better than having well over half your national GDP coming from the service industry because all others have been relocated off-site.

In any case, back to the topic...

[edit on 22-5-2010 by Legion2112]

Starve not from food but economically. But you're entitled to keep believing in that fairytale where the US doesn't depend on relations with foreign countries and would still be able to keep it's current lifestyle and size while inside a bubble.

But you're right it could sustain it self while inside a bubble, for what price it's a whole different issue though. In my "uniformed assessment" at least 80% of the population would be instantly downgraded from their current social classes and loose access to things that most currently take for granted.

Not to mention the little fact that US MNCs would either close their doors or reduce their operations making unemployment sky rocket.

In any case, back to the topic if there is any...

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndersonLee
I wish they would just close the border . Lock it shut .

All people in favor ...give me a hell ya

Lol, yeah.. just close the border

There needs to be severe restrictions and security on the border. That's for sure. With the right amount of armed guards, illegal immigration from the south can be resolved. This bill is the complete opposite of what's suppose to be done. America is suppose to move forward, not backwards

Instead, we are moving backwards. It's time to rethink our ways of handling this situation. But we won't. Too many white folks rather sit back, watch Fox News and let the police harass anyone who's suspected of being an "illegal" immigrant. Whites support this bill simply because it will not affect them. But when THEIR president wants to do something Right, it's the end of the world. My own country can be a very confusing nation at times...seriously.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by GorehoundLarry]

link   

Originally posted by LittleSecret

Originally posted by nite owl
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

If your not an illegal alien, why are you so worried for the citizens? racial profiling. NOPE. DO YOU THINK ALL ILLEGALS ARE MEXICAN, GUESS AGAIN. Your thinking just flew out the window into ignorance.

I bet white people won't be stopped and questioned?

Sorry, had to bring that up for the discussion to move on.

Who cares if it fixes the problem who cares , nothing in law is fair , but laws help if you enforce them

The white people arent the problem here its the brown people get it

link   

ATS turned this way due to ATS board who are probably worried more about money, than the core value of this community.

It just killed the whole website, all I see now is political ranting sessions in every thread. While the MODS nit-pick those who they disagree with, too much, too much.

link   
My problem with this kind of legislation is that in my opinion (with which anyone may feel free to disagree of course,) it violates the fourth amendment.

The fourth amendment states that no citizen shall be searched - either in their homes, persons, effects, or papers - without probable cause or a warrant. The Arizona legislation says otherwise in, again, my personal opinion.

Let's say someone gets stopped for a traffic violation. There is obviously probable cause for the traffic violation, but now, if there is "reasonable suspicion" that the person being stopped is not a legal citizen, they can have their papers searched. What constitutes that "reasonable suspicion," though? That is an incredibly broadly interpretable phrase. Does reasonable suspicion simply mean that someone looks Mexican to the officer stopping them? If so, then that does not rise to the level of probable cause in my opinion, and violates the fourth amendment.

Because this can apply equally to legal citizens and illegal persons, I feel that the language needs to be much, much more concise and specific in its use. We are talking about giving police officers the right to stop and search anyone, virtually on a whim, to confirm their United States citizenship, even if they are stopped for entirely unrelated reasons.

Again - just in my personal opinion - this is a violation of the fourth amendment.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
reply to post by centurion1211

Nope, nothing to hide. Just concerned for my fellow citizens.
I really don't want police having so much power they can harass anyone they "suspect" of being an "illegal" alien.
Racial profiling shall rise to another level of insanity thanks to Arizona's new bill of insanity.
I can see ATS has become a website of racism and ignorance instead a website of conspiracy theories and denying ignorance. Sad. I used to love this forum. Now days it's fallen apart due to the hate comments. It happens though I guess. Every great site must fall.

I think I've asked you this before an you never answered. Where exactly does it say in Arizona's bill any of the stuff your claiming? I want to see the exact sections where it states any of that. I've read the bill and I've never come across the sections that condone racial profiling.
And why does it always fall on that good ole racism line(which is getting very old) if it is enforcement our existing laws?
Also, if your interested, Arizona's "bill" is nothing new it's simply an enforcement of the "federal" laws on the books that our government refuses to enforce.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Primordial

Well said, like a true fellow" AMERICAN CITIZEN".

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by yenko13

Who cares if it fixes the problem who cares , nothing in law is fair , but laws help if you enforce them

The white people arent the problem here its the brown people get it

How are the brown people the problem? And what is the definition of the problem in hand?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I tell you what I used to work in the tomato feilds with the illegals when I was younger and I worked just as hard and could keep up with them in the fields... I made more money than they did but i am american... See people want them here just so they can pay them crap wages...

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

ATS turned this way due to ATS board who are probably worried more about money, than the core value of this community.

It just killed the whole website, all I see now is political ranting sessions in every thread. While the MODS nit-pick those who they disagree with, too much, too much.

ATS died a long time ago.
The mods indeed pick out those who disagree with them and delete their posts...and then give the poster(s) warnings or a decrease in points.

A good site has collapsed. Good job racists. Thank goodness there are other sites out there with not as much racism or intolerance.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
reply to post by centurion1211

Nope, nothing to hide. Just concerned for my fellow citizens.

I really don't want police having so much power they can harass anyone they "suspect" of being an "illegal" alien.

Racial profiling shall rise to another level of insanity thanks to Arizona's new bill of insanity.

I can see ATS has become a website of racism and ignorance instead a website of conspiracy theories and denying ignorance. Sad. I used to love this forum. Now days it's fallen apart due to the hate comments. It happens though I guess. Every great site must fall.

Read the law you will be asked for a ID if your are breaking a law whats the big deal get over it , You have ID dont you ? you have to fill out papers to get on this forum and the mods are cops that ID you get a life

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleSecret

What if i were a canadian illeagal? NOPE, try again. flew out the window into ignorance.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by nite owl

Why would you want to leave Canada I love it their...

link   
If there was no Illegal Aliens breaking the law we wont need to ask for ID from the suspects simple as that , Dont complicate it

Jump the fence and rape sell drugs and steal join a gang and then your complaining about them being policed , WOW what a left wing nut we got here

link   

What if i were a canadian illeagal? NOPE, try again. flew out the window into ignorance.

I don't see you talking about closing the north border ?

And when was the last time a white person stopped and questioned ?

link   

Then go visit them.

What, are you trolling?

Peace

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

The north border aint the problem , Do you need a ID on the moon ? the moon aint the problem and either are people from mars , MEXICO is the problem GET it

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple

Then go visit them.

What, are you trolling?

Peace

No u need some people with a sense of reality around here, or people will start saying let's bomb mexico ^^

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Hell, my little cousin went to Mexico for a week and had to have proof of medical insurence and all forms of ID.... And the mexican pres wants to talk crap about our state laws.... BOO ON HIM!!!!

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by yenko13

The north border aint the problem , Do you need a ID on the moon ? the moon aint the problem and either are people from mars , MEXICO is the problem GET it

Respond to my other post, not this one, this one was not for you. Get it?

How are the brown people the problem? And what is the definition of the problem in hand?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join