It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

17 States Now Filing Versions of Arizona bill

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
In my opinion,

giving police as much as power as they now have in Arizona is a severe mistake.

If we haven't learned anything from the countless videos of innocent citizens being tasered, being beat down or being assaulted in other forms by officers...maybe we'll learn after many citizens get a brutal wake up call with this Bill.

Actually, they won't. If they're white, they have no concern. This Bill is for whom? Those who are "suspected" of being illegal aliens and yes, police will no doubt go after those who are dark skin toned. That's not some biased opinion, that's a fact. Racism will play a key here. I know that's going to offend the Conservative racist group here on ATS but I really don't care.

We'll never learn from our mistakes. Let the severe discrimination begin and the police brutality videos surface.

Thanks.

ps - And to think, I thought ATS was about not giving the Law too much power turning this into a Nazi state. I thought wrong.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by GorehoundLarry]

Way to talk down on racism by using racist comments. I have seen tons of taser videos with white guys getting it.... Don't Taze Me Bro!! That sound familiar? Try again big guy. Later I am going to go dry off with a bucket of water...

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

NY is butt kissing state, see they are the few States that grants extended Medicaid to illegal immigrant at the expenses of tax payers

I see my state is not here, after all we are a welfare state in the south where illegals find safe haven.

When the HCR with expansion of Medicaid comes in 2014 many sates will have to come out with money to cover anybody that will fall under the 26,000 dollar line at the expenses of state taxes, this means they will be getting into more debt on top of the one states already have if they have to cover anybody from poverty level to that 26 thousand dollars.

That means extended Medicaid to illegal immigrants also as long as they are working.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by WXBackdoor
reply to post by lpowell0627

Yeah , A single mother of two is a criminal , a hard working man that is trying to provide for his family is a criminal.

Do you even read yourself , what you are saying is psycho/sociopath stuff.

I hope the rest of the world boycotts America for being so backward.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by WXBackdoor]

Why is the most simplest of currect law so difficult for so many to understand:

Being in this country illegally is a crime. Therefore, if the above single mother is in the US without proper documentation, then yes, she is a single mother with a lot on her plate that can also now add "criminal" to her woes.

And if the man above you speak about is in this country illegally, then he is a hard-working criminal.

Both are probably very nice people.
Both probably just wanted a better life.
Both could have tried to come into this country legally and would have avoided being criminals.

I didn't make the laws, but it is our job as citizens, and the job of our elected officials, to follow them until new laws are enacted or our current laws are amended.

By the way, the sinlge mother and the hard-working man could have gone through legal channels since, as the government says:

Thousands of applications approved!
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed!

Source: U.S. Immigration Support

When you stop looking at things emotionally you will realize that the law is rather clear and direct and applies to everyone. It has to -- otherwise it would be discriminating against those that aren't single mothers or hard-workers. But it doesn't, so even they are allowed to legally immigrate to this country.

The key word being: Legally.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Keep making noise my friend...you are pushing the issue to force a solution...but you just don't see that you are pushing for the solution I support. So please continue.

If you really felt this way you wouldn't think it necessary to enter every illegal immigration thread and continue to try to turn this into an emotional and moral debate when it is clearly not either.

If you really felt we were helping your cause, you would sit back, smile, and just watch it play out.

But both of us know this not to be the case, so let the debate continue.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
If I drive, I have to have papers - drivers license, insurance, registration. They all prove I'm legal to drive. So WHATS YOUR PROBLEM

I wish Florida was on the list. We need it here!
Besides, close the borders, throw out the ones that are criminal or dead beats and then we can discuss who's here and working.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asherah

Originally posted by WXBackdoor
First you are against a police-state.

Now you are FOR Police-state.

Facepalm.

Americans are the most gullible-flip/flop , easy-to-manipulate people in the whole world.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by WXBackdoor]

Yup. And when they are done with the illegals, they'll tackle the dissenters next.

Where have you been?

The current administration is in favor of illegal immigration and has already waged war on dissenters.

So really, we have nothing to lose by continuing to demand our government enforce the laws already in existence.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
No suprise my state of North Carolina isnt on the list. Disappointing but not suprising considering we have that worthless, money laundering hose bag Bev Purdue in office.

The funny part is we now have entire towns that have been completely taken over by illegals. Within a years period of time entire small communities that were once before middle class and thriving have now turned into crime infested dumps that resemble Mexican border towns.

Glad to see that the people across the country have spoken and that in many cases the elected officials are actually listening to them.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by BlackOps719]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I hope Louisiana does. Me and my family have been robbed and almost killed at gunpoint from Mexican illegals. Guns pointed up against backs of heads. Not fun.

What gets me is will Texas really follow through and if so, will their laws be as tough as Arizona's?

I know Americans that go down to Texas and into Mexico to bring back drugs. These Americans need to be searched way better.. they can hide the stuff and never get caught.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
The law would never pass here in the Peoples Republic Of Maryland.

We even give drivers licenses to illegals.

More illegals = more Democratic votes.

Dont even try to tell me that they cant vote. Because they DO, at least here in Maryland. If you have a drivers license, you can vote. This state is extremely corrupt, hell tens of thousands of dead people vote here every election.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I'm glad Michigan is on the list.
I was also glad when Michigan no longer
gave drivers licenses to illegals.
Yes at one time Michigan thought it was a good idea to issue drivers licenses to illegals !?!?!

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Here in Ga is the same entire towns has been downgraded old citizens has move out and left the towns to illegals, crime is in the rise within those towns I have seen this going on in only 13 years I have been living in Ga since my husband was station here as a marine and then retired.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Aaron_Justin

Excellent point. Over the years I've come to notice that the posters who continually bring up racism seem to be closet racists themselves.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
We need to state level deporation authority. We can no longer count on the federal government. States need to take more power back.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Jdawg9909

Specially now that the Federal government is cutting on the bribes, I mean the funding to the states, and states are now facing with the fact that is less money to support them that means more taxes on the state citizens

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
So glad to see Missouri has jumped on board with this idea. Hopefully it passes (seeing the support from the public in my area though is a good hint that it might). I wonder if L.A./CA will impose a boycott on the other 17 states if they pass legislation too? Or maybe they will see how ridiculous they are being and drop all boycotts.

Raist

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Thank God Thank God Thank God! Things are finally changing for the better and there are still men and women with spine in this country.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I don't know if that will pass in Texas. Rick Perry has already said he doesn't think a law like Arizona's will be good for Texas (whatever that means), so it could pass and him not sign it.

Then again, we have an election for Governor (and other spots) in early November, so it could be voted on after that (if the proposed law makes it that far).

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
At first I was neutral on the whole immigration issue, however facts have made me reconsider and I am for LEGAL immigration now.

I don't have much to contribute to this thread at the moment other than to say, can you imagine how the senators and representatives feel who are for illegal immigration? With states finally realizing that they can take control away from the federal government, which is how it was originally supposed to be. They must be pretty annoyed knowing they are being ignored. They must feel pretty helpless, its good to see them get a taste of their own medicine.

I actually do agree with Obama on most subjects, however I have not found one American here in the state of Massachusetts who supports illegal migration. I really think he is going the wrong direction on this issue.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman

c'mon new york!! good for these states, good for states period. your federal government has run amok! take back the 10th amendment, tell Calderon and Obama to stick it!! I now believe that Obama is worse than Bush... how can you not? he has displayed more incompetence in every facet of his presidency which is really hard to do against GW. never thought id see a president stand on the white house lawn with a foriegn dictator bashing an american state, 60% of that states people and 80% of americans...

beforeitsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Many other states will fall in after November when their liberal governors are tossed out on their asses. In the meantime, they'll toe the paty line.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Being Native American I hope this doesn't affect me to much.

Last thing I need is can I see your papers can I see your papers? My family in Arizona told me you better have some way of Identifying yourself. I guess they were asking Native Americans for identification.

Since I live in Nevada I hope they don't start doing this...

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join