It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

17 States Now Filing Versions of Arizona bill

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
It's important that more states stand beside Arizona with similar legislation. Before long, California really will be an island.

That said, here is a tidbit from a very short article addressing the benefits of culling the masses...

Three year old law in Virginia targets illegal immigrants much like Arizona's SB 1070

In 2008, the University of Virginia conducted a survey to see what effects, if any, the Prince William County law had. It concluded initial fears about racial profiling did not happen. It also show that schools saw a drop in English as a second language enrollment. There was also a drop in uninsured mothers giving birth and individuals turned over to immigration and customs enforcement.

I'm going to look for more data on that survey.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I don't know how many of you people care to get involved in the fight against illegal immigration, and excess immigration, I suggest you visit this site.

www.numbersusa.com...

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

TPTB should be scared of this developing situation. It must be something they haven't expected to happen. "Money can control everything". That's what they would believe. Obviously not. I think EU is going to break up just like the US is about to break up also. This also could mean the martial law is close in the near future. 24 experts can not all be wrong.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by zzombie
If you want to "do something" to help your state get involved & remind your congressman "there is a problem" at the border, you can jump on board with numbersusa. Over 500,000 members.

www.numbersusa.com...

Wasnt aware of this, thanks for the video. Great demonstration, makes sense to me. Also very glad to see my own representative, Sue Myrick, pushing this.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by WXBackdoor
reply to post by lpowell0627

Yeah , A single mother of two is a criminal , a hard working man that is trying to provide for his family is a criminal.

Do you even read yourself , what you are saying is psycho/sociopath stuff.

I hope the rest of the world boycotts America for being so backward.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by WXBackdoor]

Wow, anything else you want to kick us in the teeth about?

Try and comprehend something, if your able to. First off, the people in this country aren`t the worlds welfare provider and job provider. Second of all, the hard working guy you are talking about, is in this country without permission to be. We also have enough problems to work out in this country without them adding to it. By the way, is there a house close to you that may be empty? Maybe a few companies in your area can give them a job also. If there is, we`ll load up a plane full of these hard workers and send them over, ok? We`ll see how long they get to stay there.

How long do you think they would get away with this where you are? I have a feeling, for not very long.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
In my opinion,

giving police as much as power as they now have in Arizona is a severe mistake.

If we haven't learned anything from the countless videos of innocent citizens being tasered, being beat down or being assaulted in other forms by officers...maybe we'll learn after many citizens get a brutal wake up call with this Bill.

Actually, they won't. If they're white, they have no concern. This Bill is for whom? Those who are "suspected" of being illegal aliens and yes, police will no doubt go after those who are dark skin toned. That's not some biased opinion, that's a fact. Racism will play a key here. I know that's going to offend the Conservative racist group here on ATS but I really don't care.

We'll never learn from our mistakes. Let the severe discrimination begin and the police brutality videos surface.

Thanks.

ps - And to think, I thought ATS was about not giving the Law too much power turning this into a Nazi state. I thought wrong.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by GorehoundLarry]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Close the border . I would vote to close it shut . Only let people leave on vacations . But never let new people come here. If 120 million people have kids in the next 30 years and 400 million move here that will be closing in on 1 billion people .

[edit on 22-5-2010 by AndersonLee]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

Originally posted by prionace glauca
reply to post by ComeAndGetMe

All states have statutes against Illegal Immigration. But none of them follow them as they leave the Federal Government to enforce those laws.

Not entirely true. In Georgia in 2006, the state passed one of the nation's toughest immigration laws which they enforce through the tax code.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by traditionaldrummer]

My generalization was pretty broad, I do commend Georgia for penalizing through the tax code. But isn't Georgia a haven for Illegal Aliens also, especially Hispanics.

I don't think I'd call it a "haven" so much as it is a place that Hispanic immigrants can find a lot of work (agricultural, chicken processing, etc.). This law basically went under the national radar as compared to the AZ law, although it may not have if Obama and the democrats had been in power at the time....

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Yeah , A single mother of two is a criminal , a hard working man that is trying to provide for his family is a criminal.

If they are here ILLEGALLY then by definition they are criminals.

You want the world to boycot America for doing what the rest of the world does....PROTECTING BORDERS ??? What about mexico's illegal immigration laws which are vastly more harsh then the US'...do you advocate boycotting them too?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
In my opinion,

giving police as much as power as they now have in Arizona is a severe mistake.

If we haven't learned anything from the countless videos of innocent citizens being tasered, being beat down or being assaulted in other forms by officers...maybe we'll learn after many citizens get a brutal wake up call with this Bill.

Actually, they won't. If they're white, they have no concern. This Bill is for whom? Those who are "suspected" of being illegal aliens and yes, police will no doubt go after those who are dark skin toned. That's not some biased opinion, that's a fact. Racism will play a key here. I know that's going to offend the Conservative racist group here on ATS but I really don't care.

We'll never learn from our mistakes. Let the severe discrimination begin and the police brutality videos surface.

Thanks.

ps - And to think, I thought ATS was about not giving the Law too much power turning this into a Nazi state. I thought wrong.

What would you suggest then??
ILLEGAL immigration is a MASSIVE problem that must be addressed...so how would you stem the tide of illegals ???

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
So I take it all you guys who love freedom and independence so much are now ready to grant the independence to the First Nations that was promised so long ago?

Most of those states have Native tribes held in subjugation yet. It will be interesting to see these next few years. Tell me, residents of states that are considering secession, do you think control of the tribes would automatically pass to you? Think again. If the US turns on itself and breaks up, the tribes will certainly renounce any authority over them and reclaim what is rightfully theirs: the freedom to make their own paths following their own ways and beliefs. It will be wryly amusing to watch when various states discover that a lot of "their" resources are actually on tribal land and won't belong to them unless they take it by force.

For the first time in my life I see an actual glimmer of hope for regaining our freedom.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by notsoperfect
reply to post by TheCoffinman

TPTB should be scared of this developing situation. It must be something they haven't expected to happen. "Money can control everything". That's what they would believe. Obviously not. I think EU is going to break up just like the US is about to break up also. This also could mean the martial law is close in the near future. 24 experts can not all be wrong.

I am starting to believe that they are more prepared for this issue than most people think. After cross referencing the states who are supporting Arizona seem to be well prepared. Especially Indiana, Minn., Missouri, Nebraska, OK, PA, & TX. with Michigan & NJ listed as possible deportation sites.
According to the info on this site from 2009, Arizona, TX, PA, & especially OK have camps that are in operation.
According to the data, the majority of the states (not all like CA) who have NOT sided with Arizona are not up to par camp wise and aren't well equipped for detaining illegals.
Here is the link to the site: www.apfn.org...
Are the rest of you seeing a scary pattern emerging?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I'm Glad PA and NJ are up there. I love this so much, I just woke up and it made my day. I like how Calderon came to lecture us on our own laws with Obama right there...this probably drove the American people over the edge and has forced us to do this haha. Slap in Calderon and Obamas face. ICE what are you going to do now? Not commit to the rest of the states as well like you did Arizona? Hahah...looks like illegals will be in jail for ever...the new slaves, cleaning up highways, making license plates. All for free. Seriously If ICE doesnt want to process them. Imprison them indefinetly and the state can use the labor to make stupendous gains all for slave labor, which can beautify the cities, highways, infrastructure and more tourism dollars, more taxes, higher quality of living, more education. Common sense.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Here's an idea. Let's actually attempt to think of other solutions to the issue. Not giving the police so much power they'll have a "proper reason" to harass any one they want is a start. (Not like they don't do that anyway)

Just a suggestion. My two cents. Thanks.

Also, I find it amusing that for the longest time, FEMA camps were the big fear among the community here at ATS...and here we go...a law that's giving those who are capable of detaining us large amounts of power..and ATS is loving it! Sheep to be lead into slaughter? Most likely.

Just thought I'd point out the irony in this really.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

FEMA camps still are the fear. You might want to check out the link I provided cross referencing the states who are with Arizona & how prepared they are for containment & deportation of criminals.

I don't want to ever see another genocide, but the police are going to lose their power to FEMA soon. Look at how the police are being down-sized across the nation. I'm definitely seeing a shift in the power structure. What if the really nasty police will be asked to join FEMA & man the camps of illegals?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by thomas_

Not to nitpick an off-topic tangent, but are you suggesting that the U.S. would starve because it produces none of its own food? If so, I invite you to visit your local grocer and see how many packaged items in your meat department state "Made in Belgium."

And yes, the term global does mean something to me... so does the word NAFTA - and it's not good.

In any case, food wasn't even a consideration in my statement since, despite your rather uninformed assessment, I know for a fact we're more than capable of feeding ourselves. No, it had more to do with the notion that, if pressed, the U.S. could be well served by going back to producing her own goods. We've done it before, we can do it again... and it's a helluva lot better than having well over half your national GDP coming from the service industry because all others have been relocated off-site.

In any case, back to the topic...

[edit on 22-5-2010 by Legion2112]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Next California will be the only one without such a law.

Then a new minimum wage will be imposed, at 3 dollars an hour in that State.

Then they will not have to pay any taxes.

Then all of our goods will have a label with "MADE IN USA (California)".

Then slavery will be legal.

Er...scratch the last one.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by zzombie
If you want to "do something" to help your state get involved & remind your congressman "there is a problem" at the border, you can jump on board with numbersusa. Over 500,000 members.

www.numbersusa.com...

If that were me, i'd dump the entire gumball jar on the glass cup so people will undoubtedly get the point.

Great video!

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Do you even read yourself , what you are saying is psycho/sociopath stuff.

You act as if this is a victimless crime. It is not. For every hard working illegal in this country working to provide for his family, there is another legal citizen of this country who CANNOT provide for his family because the illegal has the job that the legal citizen would LOVE to have.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
What the hell Alabama, where you at?

2nd line

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join