It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

17 States Now Filing Versions of Arizona bill

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Them against us, that's how we rationalize rights being eroded. They didn't even have to knock down a building to get people running to their protector. Add a little show by Obama and it all seems real and worthwhile. Why aren't they just enforcing identification on arrest, visits to hospitals, schools, etc.?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiteraryOneTwo
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

NO to Amnesty. That will only make the problem worse. There is never any sense in writing laws if they are not enforceable and then enforced.

There are legitimate ways to enter America to become a citizen. One cannot make any exceptions to the rules but what someone who had waited obeying the laws is unfairly treated when an amnesty is granted to those who defied the law. The president is a man who is supposed to uphold the law. At the point he does not do that he is violating his promise to the American people, and should be evicted from his office.

NO to amnesty!

Agreed. The whole idea of amnesty is stupid to start with. Your rewarding people that ignor and laugh at our laws by granting them citizenship? Hell NO! What does it say to the people that enter our country legally? Sorry tough luck? What's it say to the rest of the world when our idiot- in- chief allows a visiting president to slam OUR laws and one of OUR states? Then our obama agrees with him!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Hey OP and "constituants",

CHAMPION A REAL CAUSE!!!

All i hear is a bunch of belly achin by biggots. Some posters say they can get a job, provided the bills pass.REALLY? soooo,, an illegal immigrant has you guys jobs huh? YOU EVER HEARD OF NAFTA? Im willing to bet anything, every aggreable post is from someone Caucasion.blaming there govt for helping people of color which in turn leads to their being discriminated against,,,boo f ing hoo.people of color have been discriminated against in this country(oops company) since it was TAKEN from them.

CHAMPION A REAL CAUSE!!!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
You americans go on about freedom and liberty but your individual states are enacting laes that seem more at home 60 years ago and in a country that was governed by, shall we say, a group of Men who were - NAZI.

Check your history please.

When the Nazi's swept to power THESE were precisely the type of laws they enacted - and we all know how badly it all ended up don't we now....

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
For all of you "Check your history" people - how about you do that first!? I'll even save you some time and give you a starting point - The Constitution of The United States! The federal government has certain authorities and powers granted it by the people. Along with these powers come certain obligations and benefits to the people who formed and fund the government. Among them is to protect our borders from invasion and to provide for the security of American citizens. To that end, federal laws were written with respect to immigration - going so far as to create a federal agency called Immigration and Custom Enforcement (ICE) to enforce said laws. The problem is that the federal government, now beholden to corporate interests and political correctness has illegally determined to not enforce the laws on the books - which is complete abrogation of its duties and responsibilities. As a result, states that are suffering the financial burden of their social programs being overwhelmed with illegal immigrants, have decided to mimick the original federal legislation and enact it on a state basis. The police are NOT getting any new powers - they have ALWAYS had the prerogative of investing the commitment of ANY crime at any time. These Bills simply enumerate HOW this is to be carried out and symbolically sends a message to both illegals and the federal government that they are taking this issue very seriously.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

OH MY GOD, thank you so much. I could have not said it better myself.
about the boat sinking and the rescue boat.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by nite owl]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Here's hoping Colorado jumps on board with the others on this. I would love to see my state cleaned up. Just 10 years ago you had to look for hispanic bilboards and store fronts now I have to look for english. I get asked atleast once a week now by a non english speaking person for handouts. They actually have the nerve to ask me first "Spanish?"... I laugh in there face and ask them "english?" as I say no and shoo them away like a little annoying fly.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Glad to see New Jersey on this list. I see this move by these states as an exercise in sovereignty.

It is especially good news in light of this blog.nj.com...

Princeton Borough, Township allow illegal immigrants to get community identification cards.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by consigliere

CHAMPION A REAL CAUSE!!!

All i hear is a bunch of belly achin by biggots. Some posters say they can get a job, provided the bills pass.REALLY? soooo,, an illegal immigrant has you guys jobs huh? YOU EVER HEARD OF NAFTA? Im willing to bet anything, every aggreable post is from someone Caucasion.blaming there govt for helping people of color which in turn leads to their being discriminated against,,,boo f ing hoo.people of color have been discriminated against in this country(oops company) since it was TAKEN from them.

CHAMPION A REAL CAUSE!!!
Are you trying to tell us that you have no valid argument against this bill? Becuase your post lacks any substance whatsoever.

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
Is this ATS or KKK now? I'm surprised by the large amounts of support for this discriminating bill by the ATS community.

Deny ignorance? Seems like we're accepting it....that and intolerance.
Just to let you know, you're comparing people to a hate group just because you don't agree with them. It's at that point where you lost the ability to call anyone ignorant or intolerant without looking like a hypocrite. Not to mention you have done this many other times in other AZ threads. To be honest, it just seems like you're crying racism just for the sake of trolling people. Why do it on this site of all places, I don't know.

Someone seriously needs to make a thread about this. Maybe it would reduce the number of race-baiters posting on here.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by technical difficulties]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by manta78
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

How about here:

" The largest migration in history is changing the face of nations. The U. S. accepts more immigrants than the rest of the world combined. In China, one hundred million people are moving from the country to the city. In the West, the European Union will need over a hundred-million immigrants in the next three decades simply to keep its population at 1995 levels, as well as to keep the current ratio of retirees to workers. In Brussels, over fifty percent of the babies born are Muslim. In Germany, the death rate has exceeded the birth rate for decades, so they now have to depend on immigrants to maintain their high tech structure. In England, there are now more practicing Muslims than Anglicans. In Italy, the Archbishop of Bologna warned that Italy is in danger of “losing its identity” due to immigration from North Africa and Central Europe. The Catholic Church is facing the distinct possibility that in coming years, Islam will be the largest European faith. As migration increases, the historic legends that are the basis of national identities tend to wane. As one British historian put it, “ A white majority that invented the national mythologies underpinning modern European culture lives in an almost perpetual state of fear that it and its way of life are about to disappear.” This fear of the potential consequences of immigration is the subtext for everything else happening in Europe today."

Source:

www.worldtrendsresearch.com...

Congrats Manta...you did his job for him.

The fact is that before I asked him to provide a source...I had already found about 10 that confirmed what he said...I just knew that he didn't have a source.

Moral of the story...have your source available BEFORE you start spouting off claims of fact.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by FiatLux

Now, without using just your opinion, show me how we can take care of another 1 billion people.

Show me where I said we can take on another 1 billion people.

I never made that statement...others used that as an extreme example...those were not my words.

Why do you want me to prove something that I never said???

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by WXBackdoor
First you are against a police-state.

Now you are FOR Police-state.

Facepalm.

Americans are the most gullible-flip/flop , easy-to-manipulate people in the whole world.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by WXBackdoor]

I couldn't agree more... I can't believe how many people are either completely blind or just plain retarded.

What all this does is give more of your rights to the State and the police. You really want to give up YOUR rights so you can kick some immigrants out. And then when they're gone, you think the police will return your rights?

Wake up people and stop being led by this sensationalism into becoming accomplices to the biggest ploy to remove your basic rights! Unbelievable... on one side you are against the government and arming yourselves to the teeth and then someone throws out a topic to get you on the government side and you fall for it like a bunch of short bussers.

Kharron

P.S. and YES I am against illegal immigration and I think they need to be removed and deported but not this way. I will not allow myself to fall for this blatant disregard for our rights. Wake up!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

LOL good luck with that. Hey Outkast where are those sources that say the US can support billions..

If you go show me where I said that the US can support billions...then you might have some credibility in asking me to prove it.

Come on guys...this isn't hard stuff to understand. When YOU make a claim...you have to back it up.

I never said anything about "billions"...that was you guys trying to turn this discussion to the extremes...explain to me how the burden of proof is on me to prove YOUR example?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by LiteraryOneTwo

NO to Amnesty. That will only make the problem worse. There is never any sense in writing laws if they are not enforceable and then enforced.

Some form of Amnesty is almost a certainty at this point.

What I find funny is all this anti-illegal hysteria is just helping that move closer to reality.

Keep up the noise everyone and instead of amnesty in the form of a path to citizenship for current illegals...it will be true amnesty in the form of "if you are in the US as of certain date...you are now a citizen...go pick up your papers".

It's funny that none of you see this.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by consigliere

CHAMPION A REAL CAUSE!!!

CHAMPION A REAL CAUSE!!!

How are we biggots if we are standing up for our legal citizens who happen to be all colors, not just white?

There was a factory that got raided a few years ago and took into custody 350 illegals.

www.boston.com...

"The indictment accused the company's owner, Francesco Insolia, of having knowingly and actively hired illegal immigrants to expand his workforce. It alleged that not only did Insolia and his management staff knowingly accept false documents, but that they also instructed illegal immigrants on how to obtain fake documents. Others named in the criminal complaint include Ana Figueroa, the company's payroll manager; Dilia Costa, the plant manager; and office manager Gloria Melo."

Now if those 350 illegals wern't there in the first place, that means that 350 legal citizens would have held those positions. So yes, they do indeed take our jobs. Oh and...we didn't take this country from anyone. None of us were even born then. It has since become the U.S.A. A country who has laws. Think you can handle that?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by FiatLux

Now, without using just your opinion, show me how we can take care of another 1 billion people.

Show me where I said we can take on another 1 billion people.

I never made that statement...others used that as an extreme example...those were not my words.

Why do you want me to prove something that I never said???

This is from page 17, your responce to jfj123.

"I support anyone who wants to come here and work for a better life. If that is 1 billion...then yes I support it."

So then, you must believe we are able to take care of that many, or you would not have made this statement, right?

Your actions here are one of turning around everything someone tells you, and then try to use it against them. Sorry, not in this case, I don`t fall for your garbage. You said it, now back it up.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kharron

P.S. and YES I am against illegal immigration and I think they need to be removed and deported but not this way. I will not allow myself to fall for this blatant disregard for our rights. Wake up!

How then? I am serious, not being a smart ass. If we cant ask people whom we suspect are here illegally to show proof that they are legal, how can we do it?

Should we use crystal gazing? Tarot? Tea leaves? (Now I am being a smart ass)

If we cant ask people for proof, who have come in contact with the law for some other reason, who were not just pulled over because they were tan, what do you recommend? I am sure there are tons of people willing to try anything reasonable that will actually work, and if you have a better plan I am sure there are lots of people who would love to hear it.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I believe that if we take on any more citizens, the u.s.a boat will sink. So why not take out all of the illegals now before the boat sinks. Go do a REVOLUTION in your country to fix your proplems there, so your peoples can live a free normal life, stop comming here and complaining. We are just sick and tired of it all. GO HOME AND FIX YOUR COUNTRY. We did a revolution here, how do you think U.S.A got to where they are now?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by WXBackdoor
First you are against a police-state.

Now you are FOR Police-state.

Facepalm.

Americans are the most gullible-flip/flop , easy-to-manipulate people in the whole world.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by WXBackdoor]

EXACTLY, this will lead to REAL ID being implemented. How dumb are most people? Pretty damn dumb if you ask me, I have no ID and I will never obtain an ID. I do not need an ID. I am a human being, I have every right to exist, the "governments" ID idea is total BS, they are using immigration to instill their control.

So lets keep beating the drum for TPTB and give them what they truly want, total control. Good job guy's and gals.

Idiots.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by daddio

Are you telling us that you have no drivers licience and you drive around anyways. The drivers licience is an I.D, ok. Think about what you just said.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join