It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

17 States Now Filing Versions of Arizona bill

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Just because you disagree with someone who opposes the idea of racism doesn't mean they're trolling.

I think I've said what I wanted/needed to say.

The people will not lay down and let the Law take over their lives. I wish you well. Thanks and take care.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

Originally posted by ker2010
LOL good luck with that. Hey Outkast where are those sources that say the US can support billions..

Well china has about 1.4 billion and has a land area similar to the US. Don't tell me them chinese can do it and you can't.

Lets say we could, why is it our place to do it? Why is it always the US who has to cope with the worlds problems? We arent the only country on planet earth.

People have to fix their own countrys and take a stand to do so.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by ker2010]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
This does not mean that the illegals are blameless.

The police are allowed to ask a pedestrian to provide their "papers."

I won't argue the car issue, because getting behind the wheel is a privilege. However, none of the don't-like-brown-people crowd are addressing this fundamental violation of the constitution. I am damn certain that everyone in favor of this nonsense is white, but seriously, do any of you have any "darker" friends, or even any Jewish friends.

"Where are your papers?"

REALLY? We're going to allow that in our country?

Look at the Georgia law that TD here posted. It DOESN'T violate the constitution. It's aggressive and maybe the emotional side of me still doesn't like it, BUT, it's effing LEGAL.

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
Not entirely true. In Georgia in 2006, the state passed one of the nation's toughest immigration laws which they enforce through the tax code.

So really, let's all stop arguing about whether it's right or wrong to allow illegals in the country, because that isn't the issue here. The argument is about allowing the police to approach a person and ask them to prove their identity.

There are morons that compare the crappy health care plan to Nazism, and yet when an actual policy from 1939 Germany is made AZ law, well, that's just the right thing to do.

Way to go. At least this will eventually be obliterated by the US Supreme Court.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Sunsetspawn

LOL read the actual law its a almost mirror reflection of current federal law. Tons of laws can be used for profiling . Since that is the case i guess we should have no laws.

So if a black male is going 55 mph throughout a upper class mostly white neighborhood that has a posted speed of 20 mph i guess he shouldnt be pulled cause it could be profiling?

The AZ law says if someone is pulled or stopped for breaking a law they can then be asked to show proper ID to prove their legal status. AFTER already being stopped because of breaking a law in the first place.

Get real you support open borders, people like you just will not admit it.
Look at the polls americans are fed up with it and this law wont be stopped wait and see.

I dont know if i can speak for all whites but Ill show a cop my DL and SS card any day of the week if it helps prevent illegal immigration!! Bring it on.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Lets say we could, why is it our place to do it? Why is it always the US who has to cope with the worlds problems? We arent the only country on planet earth.

I live in a third world country and we are fixing our country but there are those who think going north is better.

90% of the mexican people on the planet are in mexico working for their country.

The problem is not the people leaving their country but your government because they don't want to fix this problem. They don't want to secure the southern border. Now you even have the ICE chief saying he won't process illegals from AZ. Tell me that doesn't scream of vested interests. Someone on the US side wants things this way.

Edit - Bad sentance structure

[edit on 23-5-2010 by daskakik]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Agreed. But let's take Nigeria for example. The people are living in extreme poverty. There is NO way they can take a stand against their federal government..unless they threw a violent revolution. But even at that point, failure is possible and then a genocide would probably go into planning.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I don't want to see this thread crash & burn by people turning it into a racial/discrimination topic.

Let's be perfectly clear.
The LAW is not discriminatory. If someone (Mexican, Russian, Swedish, Zeti-Reticulan, etc.) is living on American soil without a VALID & NON-EXPIRED green card or workers VISA, they are committing a non-violent offense & need to figure out what they're going to do, especially the ones who are in the states that have decided to crack down.
Sorry you haven't done the proper procedures to become an American citizen, but your time is up.

The main issue we need to focus on are the DANGEROUS CRIMINALS. Illegals who are here committing horrific, violent crimes & helping to harbor other violent illegals in their growing gangs.
These are the people who need to start running. We're furious that they have brought their filthy ideas & immoral practices to our beautiful country. Like I have already said, we have enough legal pieces-o-trash to worry about, so go back & peddle your BS in your own country & let them deal with you.
Oh? They'd shoot you in the head without a trial? Sucks for you.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

100% agreed someone in america TPTB do want the border open for some reason. Corporate interests or votes i assume.

But still that does not change the fact the current federal law makes what they are doing illegal.

The speed limit in most States is 65-70 mph but most cars will do 100+ allowing me to speed. Does that mean i have to go 100 and break the law?

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

reply to post by daskakik

100% agreed someone in america TPTB do want the border open for some reason. Corporate interests or votes i assume.

But still that does not change the fact the current federal law makes what they are doing illegal.

Right it is illegal and if found they should be deported and the truth is that all law enforcement on all levels should be able to ask about citizenship but if the deportation numbers go up and the illegals turn around and re-enter the US then all that money spent on their detention and deportation is just a waste.

And the higher the numbers the bigger the waste although I am sure some would use those numbers to prove how effective the new laws are.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Tell me that doesn't scream of vested interests. Someone on the US side wants things this way.

You are right. But its not just the US. Borders in Europe have become incredibly soft too, havent they?

The "vested interests" are the worlds wealthiest people and corporations. And the reason they want borders and nations to be rendered meaningless is so that they can drive the cost of labor down in the developed nations, among other economic goals. They dont want citizens of countries instructing their politicians to protect their national economic interests. Why? Because it runs counter to their economic interests, which by and large have no tie or loyalty to any nation or specific group of people.

A government in a democracy is supposed to promote the interests of IT'S citizens OVER the interests of the citizens of other nations. In this case, our government is refusing to protect the interests of its citizens. Allowing competing labor to come flowing across our border unchecked is not in our best interests. It never has been, because supply and demand dictate price. It doesnt matter if that competing labor is Mexican, Polish, or whatever. It isnt racist. Its nationalistic. And IMHO, to pretend that it is "wrong" to care more about your country and its people than other countries and its people is disingenuous.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

The "don't-like-brown-people crowd"? Really? More intellectual dishonesty. You know this isn't about race, yet you continue to claim it is. All these Nazi comparisons are so stupid. We here in AZ go out to rescue illegal migrants who get in trouble in the desert. If we were Nazis we would let the desert keep them. I live in the middle of this issue, and there are MANY of all colors and religions who support this bill. Many being brown, except of course those who are true racists, and those who are illegal.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I find it really hard to believe that a person is going to be asked to show their "papers" or valid identification for NO REASON!

We have plenty of measures in place where you WILL be asked to prove who you are.
They are as follows:
A) obtaining a drivers, fishing, hunting license
B) applying for a job
C) applying for federal aid
D) applying for a credit card
E) renting apt./buying a home
F) obtaining a PO Box

Do I have to go on?
If illegals are getting past all these obstacles, then we need to start arresting the legal citizens who are allowing them to obtain these US privilages.
We are already blaming the employers who are hiring illegals. Let's start looking at the rest who are enabling the illegals.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sunsetspawn

This does not mean that the illegals are blameless.

I am damn certain that everyone in favor of this nonsense is white, but seriously, do any of you have any "darker" friends, or even any Jewish friends.

Not that any of your naziesque race-baiting accusations warrant anything other than a forceful rolling of the eyes, but this one little particularly ignorant tidbit did catch my attention... it's funny you should ask.

My best friend's wife is Venezuelan. She emigrated here almost a decade ago. Took her five years to become a naturalized citizen (incidentally, didn't cost as much as I thought it did). My advice to anyone who meets her is to not ask her what she thinks of illegal immigrants... unless you've got a spare two hours to listen to her fume. See, she's two steps removed from thinking that illegal immigrants should be rounded up and thrown into the ocean without a life preserver - an exxageration but you get the point. She hates them because it means she has to work twice as hard to not be categorically thrown into the same boat as them in a lot of people's eyes - when she's the one who came here the legal way. I'd launch into how much she can't stand how a lot of them bleed the system from within but I don't think I have enough characters...

I also have a friend who lives across town who's Columbian. She's actually more brutal in her assessment than her boyfriend, who works for the Sheriff's department and is about as whitecake conservative as you can get. If you mistakenly accuse her of being Mexican (not an illegal, just a Mexican), she may or may not kick your ass depending on her mood... this stems from her thoughts on illegal immigration as well. Suffice it to say that she's not a fan, and in some cases is even more draconian in how she would approach the problem than anyone here. Between where she currently lives and where she used to live in Philly, she dealt with a lot of crap indirectly, and in one case directly where her SS# was stolen somehow by a woman who was collecting welfare with it - she got caught after she had her anchor baby and stupidly decided to try to collect even more by filing under her own name in addition to filing under my friends.

So you see, it's not just us goose-stepping nazi brownshirts who think AZ is well within its right to try and deal with a problem that the Feds have systematically ignored, even if their attempt is but one small step that needs to be taken. There are other people out there who have an even more serious problem with it... and shockingly, they're not all white.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
reply to post by jfj123

Just because you disagree with someone who opposes the idea of racism doesn't mean they're trolling.

I think I've said what I wanted/needed to say.

The people will not lay down and let the Law take over their lives. I wish you well. Thanks and take care.

No it doesn't but when they make statements they refuse to support in any way, I tend to think troll.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

Well if they want true change in their society they will have to throw a revolution. It's one of those things that happens from time to time. Unfortunately they tend to fail more often than not, but when they don't, that's when you get to see a country go the way it's citizens want. If you aren't willing to take a stand and possibly die for your beliefs then you will be subjugated by those who take that chance.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Wow! You just made my day!!!! Rhode Island is in there! Whoo Hoo!
So happy! Maybe I can find a job soon.
How lazy are you that your not even working? Really your only excuse is the mexicans took my job. And if your state passes this you say maybe I can find a job? So tell me what do you do now, how do you buy things? Do you just sit online all day and watch tv?

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheChemist187

Wow! You just made my day!!!! Rhode Island is in there! Whoo Hoo!
So happy! Maybe I can find a job soon.
How lazy are you that your not even working? Really your only excuse is the mexicans took my job. And if your state passes this you say maybe I can find a job? So tell me what do you do now, how do you buy things? Do you just sit online all day and watch tv?

I am living off my savings. My busband is recieving disability due to diabetes complications. He lost a leg and is now learning how to walk with a prosthetic. I have an elderly mother that lives downstairs from me. I do not watch television as we have no reception and no cable. I have only had a computer for like 5 years and it is my only source of news and entertaintment. We live a simple life, have never owned a new car or a home of our own. I have only had a cell phone for a year and use it for emergencies only. To save money, I shop in second hand and dollar stores, clip coupons etc.

What do I do? I help my Mother by doing her housework as well as my own, I spend time helping my neice by watching her 2 year old son. I help my husband when he needs me. I make jewelry and will sell it in consignment in shops etc.

You assume I am lazy. You assume I am only blaming mexicans.
Think what you will. Here is what has been happening with my job search...

They tell me thay are sorry but their workers just went down to 4 day work weeks and they arn't hiring right now.

They say I am sorry but we just laid off a lot of people.

If I am not qualified and tell them I am willing to learn, They tell me experienced only.

Some factory jobs require you to be bilingual. I don't learn languages very well.

Most places just tell you they arn't hiring right now.

Some jobs that I could do if they were to hire me were just too far to travel to. I cannot afford to move.

Some places I couldn't apply to because you had to lift up to 50 pounds.

Anyway, that's how it's been. I really don't care what you think because you are not interested in debate, you just want to call me lazy.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   

What's with the brown people?? I am not racist. My husband is porteguese. Sorry, not sure of the spelling.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

So you're another, are you ?

Another of those who've been TRYING for days now, to turn this into an idiotic, failed 'racism' issue ?

Gee, do you people never get tired ? Do you never admit to yourselves that you're flogging a dead horse ?

What drives you ? Do you take it in shifts ? Is someone bankrolling these attempts to derail the issue, even here in a little forum ?

Maybe if you'd read all the posts in this thread, you would have realised ages ago that ..... as a sane posters has already pointed out .... there is no 'american race' or 'mexican race' ---- there's simply the human 'race'

and this thread is about the people of the United States wanting to protect their nation, their nation's boundaries and their own way of life

Now if you're still so intent on trying to make it a 'racists' issue, despite the fact you know it's not

why don't you go preach your cant to Israel ?

Or to Mexico ?

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

You have no need to defend yourself against their nonsense

they're just trying to derail and misrepresent the issue

You're not answerable to them

who are they, anyway ?

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join