It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

17 States Now Filing Versions of Arizona bill

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by jfj123
Here's another source although I'm sure you won't believe that either.

These numbers indicate that at least 1.2 million immigrants, and perhaps 1.3 million, now arrive in United States each year

www.cis.org...

Just an FYI

I scanned that article...didn't see ANYTHING that says that we have accept more immigrants than all other nations combined.

The part you quoted doesn't prove that either.

You have the number that arrive in the United States...now prove it is larger than immigrants going to ALL OTHER COUNTRIES.

That is the claim you made...back it up...why is it so hard for you??? You obviously did not have a source for this statement when you made it...that is dishonest to begin with.

Can't you read ?? I already posted a source.
Why don't you post a source that shows how billions of the worlds population could live, work, eat, etc.. in the United States without it collapsing in to anarchy ??? That's your claim so why don't you back that up?
I'm waiting ???
Well????
Still waiting???
Surely you wouldn't make a statement like that without doing the math or coming up with a source. I mean it wouldn't make sense to make a statement like that if it's not even possible to accomplish right????
RIGHT ????

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Here's another source although I'm sure you won't believe that either.

These numbers indicate that at least 1.2 million immigrants, and perhaps 1.3 million, now arrive in United States each year

www.cis.org...

Just an FYI

I scanned that article...didn't see ANYTHING that says that we have accept more immigrants than all other nations combined.

The part you quoted doesn't prove that either.

You have the number that arrive in the United States...now prove it is larger than immigrants going to ALL OTHER COUNTRIES.

That is the claim you made...back it up...why is it so hard for you??? You obviously did not have a source for this statement when you made it...that is dishonest to begin with.

Here is another source even though you've not answered my last questions.
says alot about you by the way

As of 2006, the United States accepts more legal immigrants as permanent residents than all other countries in the world combined.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by newBodyoldSoul
I'm torn. My state wants in. My city, Austin, wants out.

Your city doesn't want out. A couple of your city officials, who are in the pockets of special interests that likely rely on cheap labor, are the ones saying your city wants out. I'm sure as with the rest of the country, the majority of the population (minus those who put skin color over country, and those who make money off slave labor) want in. Check the comments section on your local news sites and you will see how pissed people are at their city governments. Even in L.A. and San Diego, the overwhelming majority of posts are from people who are very upset about their city governments' positions.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

here have some sources:

The Immigration and Naturalization Services Act of 1965 abolished national-origin quotas fixed in the 1920s and opened the nation's shores to new immigrants. Today, the United States accepts more legal immigrants as permanent residents than the rest of the world combined.

news.xinhuanet.com...

wont believe that one either huh well hmm

www.dhs.gov...
how bout straight from the government mouthpiece DHS?

en.wikipedia.org...

Of the top ten countries accepting resettled refugees in 2006, the United States accepted more than twice as much as the next nine countries combined

have some more...
www.america.gov...
www.9-11commission.gov...
www.smithsonianmag.com...

your just trolling outkast, you have no legit arguement for keeping 22 million illegal immigrants in the united states.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
reply to post by Parabol

Could you imagine if you had about 2 million people volunteering every day for five months how much trash & repairs could be done to cities & towns, or oily shorelines? I've been to Houston before, they sure could use a few hundred volunteers to clean up the graffiti & trash strewn around that city.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by Afterthought]

Your problem is the use of the word volunteer. They wouldn't volunteer their time without a means of food and shelter, and since they aren't making any money, the taxpayers would have to pay it. If you want to get rid of them, then that's one thing, but to use tax payer money to support the same population that is being supported by private money is ridiculous.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

I'm assuming you've never been to Austin. Very liberal city, Austin is not what you think of when you think of Texas. Also, some people are against this not because they are paid off or because they want to exploit people. There are people who believe this is the wrong way to handle the situation.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parabol
There are people who believe this is the wrong way to handle the situation.

I'm assuming you're one of them. Please explain WHY you think it's the wrong way.

And no, I've never been to Austin. So I will take your word for it. But why would being a "liberal" city make any difference? San Diego and L.A. are considered liberal cities as well, and ALOT of the people there support us in AZ. Please lay off the liberal vs. conservative crap, REAL people tend to fit their own mold. Only extremist partisans are okay with having their opinions issued to them.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by 27jd]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Here is some additional info

Table 13 indicates that even after the 1996 welfare reforms, which curtailed eligibility for some immigrants, immigrant welfare use remains higher than that of natives for all four major programs and for all entering cohorts after 1970. In fact, the year of entry data suggest that in some cases immigrant welfare use actually rises over time as they assimilate into the welfare system.

Immigrants who arrived after 1989 along with their U.S.-born children account for 60 percent or 5.5 million of the increase in the uninsured population in the 1990s.

www.cis.org...

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by FiatLux

Well, it works both ways you know. How about some sources from you, to back up your claims? You want everyone else to post their sources, but you don`t have to?

Give me a statment of fact I made that you want me to back up with a source and I will gladly do so.

I'm asking about specific statments he made...and it is starting to look like he just completley made them up.

How about the resources of this country, and if they can handle another 1 billion people on top of what we now have? At a time when jobs are far and few in between, how would letting more people come here NOT hurt us, and NOT cost the tax payers more money to support these new citizens until they find work?

Even you said it......"I have expressed my OPINION here...not statments of facts.". Now, without using just your opinion, show me how we can take care of another 1 billion people. Are there that many jobs? Is there housing they can afford being new here? We have thousands right now that are homeless, without jobs and food, but yet you don`t mind adding to that number? You want others to stop making statements without something to back it up, how about yourself?

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parabol

Originally posted by Afterthought
reply to post by Parabol

Could you imagine if you had about 2 million people volunteering every day for five months how much trash & repairs could be done to cities & towns, or oily shorelines? I've been to Houston before, they sure could use a few hundred volunteers to clean up the graffiti & trash strewn around that city.

Your problem is the use of the word volunteer. They wouldn't volunteer their time without a means of food and shelter, and since they aren't making any money, the taxpayers would have to pay it. If you want to get rid of them, then that's one thing, but to use tax payer money to support the same population that is being supported by private money is ridiculous.

Go back & read my original post. I said they would get 5 months of food & shelter IF they were volunteering! After that five months, they go back. I would much rather have my tax money feeding & sheltering them in the community than in a prison camp. In five months, they couldn't get pregnant & give birth on this soil. They would have no choice. Volunteer & enjoy the rest of your stay here, or board the bus with the criminals & go back.
The ones who truly want to stay in this country can reapply once they're back in their home country to return for another five months of volunteer work. During this time, they will have the opportunity to gain their citizenship as the law requires, pass the test without an interpreter, & THEN obtain a paying job so they can begin paying taxes as citizens do.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Is this ATS or KKK now? I'm surprised by the large amounts of support for this discriminating bill by the ATS community.

Deny ignorance? Seems like we're accepting it....that and intolerance.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
Is this ATS or KKK now? I'm surprised by the large amounts of support for this discriminating bill by the ATS community.

Friend, ignorance is ignoring the problem, and I say we have been tolerant for a good many years now. But a million illegals a years streaming over our borders, raping, stealing, and committing other crimes while sucking off the teat of American welfare is too much. We Americans need help too, and we will not stand idly by and let illegals from any country come here like that. I support this bill so much I could kiss Governor Brewer. I just hope the rest of the States get on board with this too.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Keep it up with the insanely ridiculous BS. There is absolutely NOTHING discriminatory about this bill. Nothing. Doesn't it bother you at all to be so intellectually dishonest? Are you even fooling yourself?? If you've read the bill, PLEASE point out where it is discriminatory, if you haven't, with all due respect, STFU. Nowhere in the bill does it say that illegal migrants of European descent are exempt from the provisions in this bill. The ONLY reason this bill could affect Mexican ILLEGAL migrants more frequently than others, is because Mexico is RIGHT BELOW US, and has an economic situation that isn't as bright as it could be. So, naturally they make up the majority of ILLEGAL migrants here. That is NO fault of ours. The color of their skin is irrelevant, it does not make them any more or less of a burden on our society.

Should we do away with ALL laws? Do you think ATS is only a place for anarchists? Because, calling a law discriminatory based on the potential for abuse alone, is stupid. Here, in AZ, a LARGE percentage of police are Latinos, and as with any race, there are racist Latinos. So, if I'm white, black, or asian, driving down the street, minding my own business with a pound of meth, the potential exists for a racist Latino cop to pull me over simply because I'm white, black, or asian and find the pound of meth. If I didn't have the meth in my vehicle, the racist cop could even plant it on me if he REALLY wanted to get me. A racist cop can't take away somebody's legal right to be here. So in reality, this law has LESS potential for discrimination than most others.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by 27jd]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by zzombie

Fantastic video.

I like that he makes it clear that Mexico, though the single largest source of illegal immigration, is not the only place in the world with people who are suffering and want a better life.

And he is right, the only hope for all those billions of people is to improve their lot in their own countries, not to dilute the well being of Americans by allowing illegal immigrants to continue to pour across our borders.

Allowing America to be pulled down into the third world by eroding wages, and hemorrhaging jobs is not the way I want to see my country go. And we ARE being pulled into the third world people, just because the TV does not show you the poverty and suffering here in our country does not mean it does not exist.

We need to wake up and protect America, and Americans. Countries are groups that have formed made up of people who are in essence in competition with other groups of people who have also formed nations. Just like different corporations are groups of people that are in competition with one another. If one corporation is doing poorly, we do not expect that another corporation will allow all the workers from the failing corporation to come into the successful corporation. Do we?

It is the nature of life here on Earth that we are in competition with other individuals and groups. And it is at our own peril that we forget that and stop competing with people and entities (corporations) that have NOT stopped competing with us.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

How does this bill discriminate?
Please specify.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Well, it works both ways you know. How about some sources from you, to back up your claims? You want everyone else to post their sources, but you don`t have to?

Give me a statment of fact I made that you want me to back up with a source and I will gladly do so.

I'm asking about specific statments he made...and it is starting to look like he just completley made them up.

How about the resources of this country, and if they can handle another 1 billion people on top of what we now have? At a time when jobs are far and few in between, how would letting more people come here NOT hurt us, and NOT cost the tax payers more money to support these new citizens until they find work?

Even you said it......"I have expressed my OPINION here...not statments of facts.". Now, without using just your opinion, show me how we can take care of another 1 billion people. Are there that many jobs? Is there housing they can afford being new here? We have thousands right now that are homeless, without jobs and food, but yet you don`t mind adding to that number? You want others to stop making statements without something to back it up, how about yourself?

LOL good luck with that. Hey Outkast where are those sources that say the US can support billions..

Cmon we all are waiting (jeopardy theme).

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ker2010
LOL good luck with that. Hey Outkast where are those sources that say the US can support billions..

Well china has about 1.4 billion and has a land area similar to the US. Don't tell me them chinese can do it and you can't.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
It seems many individuals here complain when the government gets involved with health care...but when it comes to police harassment of innocent citizens...they're ok with it. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Someday, ATS will wake up and be an intelligent site again...someday.

As for the actual Bill...read between the lines. Thanks. I will not support this Bill one bit. I'll do everything in my power to fight it. Thanks.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by GorehoundLarry]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

It seems many individuals here complain when the government gets involved with health care...but when it comes to police harassment of innocent citizens...they're ok with it. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Someday, ATS will wake up and be an intelligent site again...someday.

As for the actual Bill...read between the lines. Thanks. I will not support this Bill one bit. I'll do everything in my power to fight it. Thanks.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by GorehoundLarry]

OK I'm calling troll on this guy.
He keeps claiming harassment however has never posted any evidence to suggest it's true.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

OK I'm calling troll on this guy.
He keeps claiming harassment however has never posted any evidence to suggest it's true.

That is funny on a site filled with threads on police abusing their position of authority. Maybe not in regards to this law but generaly speaking. This would lead me to believe that this law could also be used to harass.

Personally I don't think these laws will help much if the border remains unsecured. Just more tax money wasted on keeping the revolving door spinning.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join