It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shouldn't God Be Here on Earth - to be Visible, Accountable, Answerable ?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
God is imminent and transcendent, so he is within and outside the universe. Accountable? God is perfect and without flaw, so what would he be accountable for? Man's ignorance? It is within man's choice to either look towards God or to look away from God towards material existence. Is it the sun's fault for being clouded? Or is it the clouds fault? If your mind is full of clouds of ignorance you can not blame God, who is your true self and is there always.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Hey OP,

I would suggest reading some stuff by John Hick. Perhaps "Evil and the God of Love." You can also find article-length treatments of various issues on his web-site. He is a well-respected, British philosopher of religion. He supports pluralism (the view that all faiths in some way lead to salvation) and universalism (the view that eventually all will be saved). Many philosophers, even avowedly and strongly atheist ones who think that God's existence is obviously false, whom I know, think that Hick gives one of the better defenses of God on the current intellectual market. For whatever that is worth to you.

His view is basically that strong moral character which is developed through life experience and response to suffering is more valuable than strong moral character which is born into a person. So, he argues, God leaves us alone in this world going through many bad and unfair things to allow us to develop such a valuable moral character over the course of (possibly) many lives.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9
We're informed by those who claim to know, that God is off-world

that he shouldn't be questioned

that he is everywhere, yet invisible

that he is all-knowing, all-wise

Is that good enough ?

Shouldn't he be here, visible, accountable, answerable and a lot more hands-on ?

Isn't it time god worked to gain more credibility ?

Isn't it time he provided explanations ?

Why should he show himself?

Why should he explain his methods?

Why should he appear before those who do not encourage his existance or endulge in his beliefs?

It seems that he's living up to his wisdom claims, in my opinion, since if he showed himself, don't you think that either:

People would disregard him as the real thing?

or

People would suddenly conform to his belief?

Tell me.. if a man, completely normal looking, were to walk up to your home and knock on the door, tell you he was Jesus himself and there to aid you in your need [or for any reason he was there] would you believe him?

Would you kneel to him if he asked for it?

Chances are, no.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Well Dock, I don't know about you but I have come to the point (actually, I do know about you because you said it in this post) where I know that life is what you make of it. Existence is what you make of it. If you allow for everything that you perceive to be negative to influence you to the point where you call it 'hell on earth' then it is your fault.

Me, I can see the bad that takes place and I can do what little I can to influence it. I can help those that I can. But is this hell on earth? Not to me. I see the smiles on my kids faces each day and I am grateful. I treasure the scant amount of time I get to spend with them each week. I continue to work towards the point where I can work from home and simply spend my life with my family.

Nothing close to hell.

And I don't blame God for any of the issues on this planet. If there is a God, and I personally believe that there is (just not as we are TOLD by the establishment), then it is simply allowing for evolutation to take place. I know, some of you will argue that what we humans are doing is NOT evolution but alas, evolution pertains to the individual species. If it is in our power to influence other species (in positive and negative ways) then it is simply part of our evolution.

But I do agree that the establishment needs to come clean because I have had so many different versions of 'God' preached to me that in the past I would have my head spinning.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
god never left.

an aspect of god remains in anagrams in the words.
phrases with the same identical ingredients (letters)

Examples:

where is god?
Gee: Words! Hi!

patrick stewart
star trek capt wi

orson wells
on roswell

be with roswell
whistle blowers

oh, look at that! All the symptoms, causes, and cures are encrypted in your the words coming out of your own mouth!

My god is closer to you than your own head
if my god wished it, you would simply be pre-dead

want god's opinion?
know where the words are coming from that you spew from "your" face?

summoning all angels in disguise
summoning all angels from the skies
on some matters, there is no comprimise
look at earth consumed by her own lies

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
The problem with “God” showing up may be that his, her, or its light may be too powerful to be hanging around us literally in an embodied form.

In other words we couldn’t handle such brilliant light . . . we would have to slowly become a part or aspect of that light first.

Also what or whatever “God” REALLY is may apply to this question

The common denominator of what God is begins, IMO, with this premise:

God is everything minus developmental\mis-developmental (creation\involution) phenomena, plus evolutionary [or revolutionary] completion=GOD

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
You're thinking in human terms OP. Considering that we haven't unlocked all of our own potential yet, is it right that we demand of 'God'..? Shouldn't we demand more of ourselves as a race first..?

If the human race forged past its shortcomings as a whole then maybe 'God' would put in a 'physical' appearance. My personal thoughts are that if we as individuals develop our own potential, live according to right conscience, and use the gifts we have been given in a constructive manner, then the 'mysteries' will be revealed to us.

The one who thinks he is wise speaks - the one who is wise says nothing.

Maybe there are people living among us who really do know the TRUTH. However, I guess they are holding out, knowing that it's a quest we all undertake personally.

Noah

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Holding God accountable!

Do you blame God every time you screw up? Is it Gods fault you lie, steal and cheat? Or is it only your own fault.

We humans complain a lot. But we never blame our selves. No, because we believe its only human to screw up. Because God cast Adam and Eve out from the Garden. Yeah we even blame God for that.

Yes this is a time of moral crisis. But its not man who is on trail. Its our moral values. Our flesh and bones have done nothing wrong. Our body only does what the mind tells it to do.

Why!! Do we look at the world around us in shame? Wasn't this the world you had in mind.

Why! Do you sacrifice to keep it this way?

People work up to 16 hours a day to keep this world as #ty as it is. And some even work longer to make it worse.

In the US this is called the sacrifice for the greater good.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Neither My sky nor My earth contain me; only the heart of my believing servant contains me

The lack of God on this planet is due to a lack of the medium required to present God. That would be us. we killed our higher faculties for base.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
To say things like,
"My son suffered so I lost my faith," or any other statement you want to make as an excuse ...is improper.

Suffering is part of the experience of being on earth. Everyone has the potential to get injured, sick, and all eventually physically die. Some sooner than others. Than these limited minds take it personal and create a grievance against God.

You let your kids go play on the playground and you yourselves know there is chances of getting hurt, sick, kidnapped, etc ...but still you let them go.......

.....in this case, we are simply passing thru .....this life is not all there is and dont let any of these ignoramouses who haven't investigated these topics deeply themselves tell you other wise

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
god cant be bothered wasting time coming to humanity in person, for a start youd all mob him, many would want to kill him and many would blame him for all of humanities freewill. Many of his workers come here for him though. jesus, quetzalcoatl, mohammad, buddha, joan of arc, krishna, zues, pahana, messiah, mahdi, maitreya, christ, lif, new buddha, return of krishna, angels in the sky(ufos), govts executing many of such and similar, psychics here there and everywhere, how much evidence of the unknown origin intelligences do u need but yeah it is a subject govts dont want proven as being truthful

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by inforeal
The problem with “God” showing up may be that his, her, or its light may be too powerful to be hanging around us literally in an embodied form.

In other words we couldn’t handle such brilliant light . . . we would have to slowly become a part or aspect of that light first.

Also what or whatever “God” REALLY is may apply to this question

The common denominator of what God is begins, IMO, with this premise:

God is everything minus developmental\mis-developmental (creation\involution) phenomena, plus evolutionary [or revolutionary] completion=GOD
The problem with that statement is that it's an obvious cop-out. Why would someone create something that can't withstand their presence? It makes no sense.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

All I can say to this is if I were God God still wouldn't be here.

True story.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Typical humanity - blame a non-existant myth (GOD), created by war-lords hungry for power and control over the masses, for the mess that HUMANITY has created of our own FREEWILL!! and then cry out for someone/something else to blame for our own misdeeds. Hard-case alright.

I suppose next minute it'll be said, "It's all GOD's fault that we have shat on our home planet and continue to rape and pillage the resources on it until nothing is left except pollution and wastelands, yeah right!! It's all GOD's fault this, that and the other, what a load of crap".

Wake up to yourself, take responsibility for your own actions, listen to yourself and realize how childish the thread reads "Shouldn't God be here..." to account for all humanity's misdeeds? Shouldn't God be here to be answerable for all the damage us humans have caused both on our own home planet and any potential damage to any other planets that we as a species can possibly cause damage to?"

Why blame an external party that does not even exist? Anyone pointing the finger at something else to lay blame upon, probably should look at themselves first. Our collective consciousness is the energy which has created this so-called 'reality' we experience currently.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Visible, Accountable, Answerable?
to who?
You?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

After all ... we surely have the right to ask and be answered

If you were just handed the answers, how would you know how to then further complete any more problems?

There is a reason the answers are not falling right in our laps, but if you truly seek, you will find understanding.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

reply to post by Shadow Herder

No offence, but let's cut to the chase

by explaining what happened to the free will of the child which was raped, strangled and tossed into the ditch

The body complex does not make us 'what' we are...they are just a vessel for learning.

A soul/spirit can incarnate to be the catalysts for another, who is going to be tested and will have to then reap its seeds it planted.

All things are markers for people. The child's soul will heal from the event, and the person that did this unto that soul will have to see through that child's eyes at some point and reap the hurt and hate.

BTW....if God was not here, there would be no consciousness or existence of life.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by LeoVirgo]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Realization of the self is the true path to God. When you are able to still your mind and see the light within your mind you no longer doubt your spiritual connection.

Jesus said,

"The light of the body is the eye if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light;"

Matthew 6:22

If thy eye be single means the third eye.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

We're informed by those who claim to know, that God is off-world

that he shouldn't be questioned

that he is everywhere, yet invisible

that he is all-knowing, all-wise

Is that good enough ?

Shouldn't he be here, visible, accountable, answerable and a lot more hands-on ?

Isn't it time god worked to gain more credibility ?

Isn't it time he provided explanations ?

God put laws into place for us to learn by. He has given us the gift of life yet most take this pure gift of light for granted. For without light, we would have never been created right? Isn't pure light just that, pure? Yet most choose to ignore this fact. God gave us pure light yet most choose to use this gift for evil and not good. If everyone did what was right in there heart and did not lie to themselves then God is what you would see. For after all lying to yourself is just lying to God is it not? Listen to your heart and do not lie to yourself and be happy for the joy of life that God gave you and you will have all the answers you need to move to the next level conscious.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by Trudge]

[edit on 18-6-2010 by Trudge]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by Dock9

All I can say to this is if I were God God still wouldn't be here.

True story.

All I can say to this is if I were God, God still wouldn't be here.

Before you, the LORD, of GOD

^True Story

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join