It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geoglyphs of the Atacama Desert, the Nazca Line's Little Known Sister!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

WOW! I never knew about these glyphs. Absolutely mind blowing...

i wonder how closely they are related to crop circles (i mean the REAL ones made by some alien or pure energy type dudes, not the farmers with a string and a plank... although, thinking about it, has anyone asked those jokers if they've got family in south america?!?)

.. sunday night..

20fleas

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
aaRRRgh!!

[edit on 23-5-2010 by twentythreedom]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by twentythreedom

WOW! I never knew about these glyphs. Absolutely mind blowing...

i wonder how closely they are related to crop circles (i mean the REAL ones made by some alien or pure energy type dudes, not the farmers with a string and a plank... although, thinking about it, has anyone asked those jokers if they've got family in south america?!?)

.. sunday night..

20fleas

You're going to fit right in on ATS!!!

Who knows my friend, who knows!

Hey, at least with the double post you'll get to the 20 mark quicker!!

All the best, kiwifoot

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lunica
Well, I just have to pop in

I like those. The pictures are saved! S+F

BTW: You will find a lot more, and better ones...

on mars!

What I really would like to know is what in Ear.....Mars you´re talking about?
I´ve never heard of this, pictures? Examples?

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

I recognise one of those symbols:

Translated it reads "You are Here!"

And another one, I think it reads, "No Parking"

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
The Atacama Giant really has a nice set of TV antenna coming out of his space helmet, er, I mean head.

The people who created these mysterious earth etchings were able to accurately depict people, lamas, sharks, and..."visitors" from the sky.

Great thread, man.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing . I can not believe they were nit mentioned on Ancient Aliens 2010!!! Great Post .
S&F

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I have seen a few of these in my study or Alien Visitations, and though I agree they are more picture oriented and less like the airport straight lines of Nazca. I find there size and orientation very similar to the giant figure so prominently shown in most Nazca books.

So who created them and why, and as with Nazca no one really knows. I think the fact many of the creations can be seen from the ground as well as air makes this area most intriguing and I will be doing a lot more research into these wonderful works of art in the future.

I wish you well, and thanks
beca

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Nice, thanks for the photos, and links.

Starred and flagged

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by univac500
The Atacama Giant really has a nice set of TV antenna coming out of his space helmet, er, I mean head.

The people who created these mysterious earth etchings were able to accurately depict people, lamas, sharks, and..."visitors" from the sky.

Great thread, man.

Well, there is a definite similarity between the two!! That's all I'll say! I think the pattern is quite common in Mesoamerican art, pottery, fabric etc.

Thanks for taking the time to post a pic, all the best, kiwi

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I have looked at as many of these glyphs as most people and I have noticed one figure which seems to keep popping up at almost every site.

The one I have noticed is the figure of a "man" with the nine or so lines coming out from his head at right angles.

I am not even trying to imply any of these, or other, glyphs are not totally on the up and up . I just find it interesting that a single figure would be in different places around the world.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by hdutton
I have looked at as many of these glyphs as most people and I have noticed one figure which seems to keep popping up at almost every site.

The one I have noticed is the figure of a "man" with the nine or so lines coming out from his head at right angles.

I am not even trying to imply any of these, or other, glyphs are not totally on the up and up . I just find it interesting that a single figure would be in different places around the world.

Thanks for this post KIWI FOOT! Awesome I love Nazca, and this is more!!

And in reply to the quote ...

Three is for spirit and four is for matter (in certain circles of thought).

In sacred there is the 4 sided pyramid, and the 4 sided Stupa (represents Mt. Meru).

I have long thought that Nazca was made when the OLD Dudes who "walked with G^d and moved the lands of the Earth (loosely from the Bible)" were here, and the glyphs were like smoke signals to the folks in orbit. ~~'This is how we are going about this ... see? ...'

So this figure might say: Man Lives here, he is of Matter and is also tied to the Divine through matter (he is one of four sides of the divinity in matter (one of the 4 "corner" stations of the Zodiac) .. and he has 4 appendages to match the opposing 4 lines --but clearly his head is in the right place ['scuse the pun]).

Tied to the Divine through our DNA.

So it says .. this is how you join The Divine on this world (anybody checking the place out) .. now the heavy line across the hips/knees --I leave for later! .. and the "Nazca Spaceman" (who may be a "Spacewoman" because in Bush Country she is the creator Goddess) --on Nazca could be in charge (as it is lifted out of the landscape on a pyramid shape).

A thought on Nazca Spaceman:
Ideas on Nazca Space"man"

One of the lines on Nazca goes to Edfu, Egypt through Malta (if you like Flying Google Earth give those lines a look see).

This is just a rough idea from sacred archetypes ... but in the OLD Days I think there was recruiting going on.

Vision, and visual languages are a big key to understanding!! ... Those archetypes, those symbols, those hieroglyphs ... are all right at the heart of the matter.

[[(Radio? ... yipe! .. A young child who was supposed to be Downs Syndrome, but was saved by the intervention of her mother (without the AMA) is VERY bright, and will not speak to anyone unless she is looking at them, and sees they are actually speaking to her!!)]]

Thanks again, KIWI FOOT!

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

Re The Oregon sri yantra. I was in the Idaho Air National Guard as security police supervisor stationed at Gowen Field ANG Base when one of our RF4Cs took that picture which was then reviewed by the Photo Intel section. I obtained an official copy of the photo along with exact location. Two of us, off duty, then drove to the site with a 4wd vehicle. and spent some time viewing the ART WORK. Location is a large flat dry shallow lake bed consisting of dried mud and little else. Up close it was obvious that the art was furrowed by human action. Ground was so hard that the tracks of the Piper tri-pacer was hard to see. We then interviewed a Non-com in the intell section who had a private small aircraft. He admitted that he and another created the art using an older single bottom garden plow and strings, intending it to be discovered by a photo recon aircraft. End of mistery, end of farce, and I thought end of subject. The Air force doesnt admire deliberate hoaxes regardless of intent.
As to someone being dead; to my knowledge both the two RF4C crewmembers and the Staff Sgt that used the plow are still alive.
FYI, coming out cross country late at night we did observe what appeared to be a school bus cross in front of us about 20 feet off the ground. Strange things are not unusual in remote desert volcanically active areas.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
BTW ... the fella that crated the design called it lotus leaf; and, someone has added borders or frame to the picture. the terrain wouldnt allow design to spread out into a rough lava field surrouding the lake bed, Hoax upon a hoax. Surrounding jagged boulders which damaged the truck I was driving rather badly/..

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
RE THE SO CALLED OREGON SRI YANTRA ... WHICH SHOULD BE CALLED THE OREGON HARNEY COUNTY HOAX.
Below is text of a message I provided to the self proclaimed Sri yantra web site who claims responsability for creatng the dry lake creation.
Hopefully thinking people can now put this 20 year old hoax to rest ~~~~~~~~~~

can you say fake, fraud, or hoax?. Oregon sri yantra my ass. The borders in the picture are absolutely fake, probably added by photo shop. I was there at 2 days, and 3 days, after the Idaho RF4C photo recon aircraft first photographed it. Where were all the tracks that would have been made by any heavy equiptment? where were any footprints left by your so called crew? The rain you claim would have turned that dry bed into a bog. It was dry because there was NO RAIN. Durinmg that period even all of the stock tanks up to 30 miles east or west were bone dry. Dragonflys? In a dry desert? You forgot to mention the herds of Antelope throughout that area.
I saw one person on the 3rd day; and he ran like hell when I started to approach the coward. I was concerned for his high speed departure as driving into verticle shaft would sink the car and cook flesh off bones in a few short minutes. Great places to dispose of bodies
THERE ARE MANY VERTICLE VOLCANIC BLOW HOLES IN THAT AREA, FILLED WITH VERY HOT WATER. One nearby hole oozes sulpher laden water from one edge but there is absolutly no evidence that any of them spew hot water as you claim; and the water trickle moves in a drection away from the lake bed.
I spoke to ranchers on the west and eastern approach routes, in my military affiliated role, but they denied any knowledge & there were no equiptment tracks in from either direction, other than light aircraft tracks left by the fella that confessed to having created the lotus leaf design.
Circle makers? darned sure not on Oregons Harney County dry lake beds.
I understand that you desire to turn a profit but don't you think it is CONFESSION time?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Here's some relevnt media.

New National geographic programme on Nazca.

thepiratebay.org...

Webisodes...
natgeotv.com...

NGM...
ngm.nationalgeographic.com...

New Ancient Aliens series, includes references to Nazca etc.
Ep 00
thepiratebay.org...
Ep 1-4...
thepiratebay.org...*/0/4/200
Ep5...
thepiratebay.org...

[As always, if you download and like the material and can afford to buy the DVD's, please go to National Geographic, Nazca decoded, Ancient Aliens History Channel, websites to purchase.

It helps ensure more great material is created in the future.

If you can't afford it, well, knowledge shouldn't be exclusive and restricted to those who can afford the purchase of DVD's, these programmes are shown on subscription TV after all, a very small fraction of Subscription TV costs is all they lose at end of day and some people can't even afford Subscription TV in times of economic adversity.]

Peace.

[edit on 29-5-2010 by DeltaPan]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot

Originally posted by twentythreedom

You're going to fit right in on ATS!!!

Who knows my friend, who knows!

Hey, at least with the double post you'll get to the 20 mark quicker!!

All the best, kiwifoot

very much appreciated. altho i've been here almost every day since march, and posting regularly. good to know i've made an impression
)

seriously though, nice one!

plentyfleas

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
This is awsome!
I'm. Reading Chariots of the Gods right now and the Nazca Line have excited me, I won't shut up to my friends about them. Thank you OP for this new discovery, in my mind, to share with people! Star and flag!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I'm very new and also lost in this maze of forums but got this far with out 20 points for this and 100 points for that just to post this little info I've been waiting for someone to say something about since I found it 2 years ago.. I'll keep it short. Off the coast of Eureka, California at the start of the ridge of what ever name it has, look on both sides and see some more Nazca type designs. Off Washington coast, too. Think Big.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Amazing thread! I had no idea these existed. Do you know if there are all of the lines in between the geogyphs like in Naska?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join