It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth About Remote Viewing.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I put this thread in skunk works becuse in my opinion any threa about remote viewing belongs in skunk works. A better place would be a [HOAX] forum but ATS doesn't have one yet.

I personally have challenged self claimed "remote viewers" to easy challenges and none of them was willing to take the challenge. They all claimed some lame excuse that "we can't do it to prove it works, we can only do it for the good of mankind" or some other lame excuse.
Bottom line is, Remote viewing is a sham.

...any professional magician can assure you, that the abilities claimed by remote viewers are well within the magician's bag of parlor tricks. This doesn't prove that remote viewers are just putting us on with simple tricks, but their claims and their results are consistent with that. Which of these two possible explanations is most likely true: That remote viewers are using well-proven techniques demonstrated by professional and amateur magicians every day; or that they are accomplishing a feat of true paranormal abilities, which has never been demonstrated under controlled conditions, cannot be duplicated by anyone else, and has no proposed mechanism by which it might be possible?. skeptoid.com...

[edit on 22-5-2010 by Just Wondering]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I must admit I was very excited when I first heard of remote viewing. I even paid a couple of hundred £s for a crap correspondence training course. (embarrassed). Now I have serious doubts.

If they were as good as they say, where are all the missing people, i.e. Maddie McCann.

I've seen stuff on my internal "screen" (whatever/wherever that is) but I'm still disappointed. Hard to explain.

David Morehouse said "there are others out there, watch for them" Are remote viewers being shut down? lol, there's a new conspiracy to ponder...

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I've tried remote viewing once...

NEVER.

AGAIN.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Just Wondering

JW, that's just your opinion.

You don't have any proof which shows it's impossible do you? You only have proof that it's improbable.

That's two very different things.

A closed mind is not something to be proud about. Sure you may not believe in it, but some do and for some it works.

Why are you raining on their parade?

Doesn't seem to affect your life in any way does it?

ETA: I don't believe in RV, I also think it's sham, I just believe that other's believe it's not a sham, and get something out of it that's genuine..to them.

~Keeper

[edit on 5/22/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Ah JW, don't be such a skeptic. You could really be missing out........

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
The greatest problem with the RV training is that people were never trained to avoid "Lust for results" hence UFO nuts found underground UFO hangers etc.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
The greatest problem with the RV training is that people were never trained to avoid "Lust for results" hence UFO nuts found underground UFO hangers etc.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

==========================================

Oh no, just wondering.......

It looks like you have become another victim of "remote influencing".....
Did you hear the words " remote viewing is just a hoax, repeat,
just a hoax, repeated over and over in your mind before making this thread????

Just kidding........ But I wouldn't call it a "sham" as you indicated; it has been successfully used many times. Unfortunately, as in other
fields it has its share of hoaxters. And no you can not learn remote
viewing in 30 days for $49.95....sorry

www.militaryremoteviewers.com...

[edit on 22-5-2010 by manta78]

[edit on 22-5-2010 by manta78]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

So if you believe that RVing is a hoax and a sham; do you also discount all types of psi? ex. precognition, telekinesis, telepathy, ESP etc.

There is statistical evidence that something is operative above the 5 senses.

and from what I can see....you should clean your room

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Buying an online course for remote-viewing training and complaining it doesn't work is like buying the new ab-do-muscles-easy-scam-fraud and wondering why, after 30 days, you are not shaped like Arnold Schwarzenegger.

It either needs a natural skill or YEARS of training to get substantial results.

I think I am a natural "RV" and have been using it for years without knowing it. When something is lost, people call on me and I have a very high percentage of success. How do I do it? Even to me it seems absurd, but it works. I let my mind relax, only letting the lost item float in the back of my head, and I'll be compelled to look to places, even when not related to the lost object in any ways. Then, one thing leading to another, I find it. And it last seconds to a few minutes.
Sometimes, when asked to help find a thing, I simply get up and go where my mind tells me it will be "logical" to find the object, and I do, as illogical as it sounds.
And it works on different levels. My brother called me a few years ago and was telling me he had a new girlfriend. I asked him about her nose. I felt there was something going on with her nose. He said nothing in particular. I have never seen the girl; they broke a month later. Recently, he told me that that girl was doing coc aine at the time...
I wasn't looking for something, it just happened. Which is not every 5 minutes, but now I recognize these events when they happen spontaneously.

Now, now! I hear you yelling at me all kind of things like where's the Beef?, and all. I am willing to partake in an experiment if some desire, but we will have to find a date because I'm just that busy right now.

I am as perplexed by this as any of you could. I've been wondering all my life, and the only answer I found was that I am... gulp!... a Gnostic: that is, someone who "knows" things, without being trained about said things. I must be crazy for telling you...

When I was young, 10 maybe, I made a little sci-fi comic strip for myself. In the first scene, I had drawn a high tech lab. A few days later, a scientist working with my mom ( she was a cashier ) came home with some other colleagues. When he saw my comic, he asked me if I had ever been to his work place. I had not. He then told everybody that I had drawn the place where he worked. He was serious and he insisted it was the same, a few lights and buttons in different places...

Don't be too hard on me, I might be mentally ill for proclaiming such nonsense!
Any one willing for a "challenge"?, says I, face in hand...

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

From what I can tell, it was some Scientologists who sold the RV technology to the government. It was really Ingo Swann's technology. I read all the RV books by the former Army viewers. Joe McMoneagle was the most talented, but even his successes don't seem that great. Now they are all out trying to sell this tech to the public. There is even a Hawaii chapter of the RVers but from what I can tell, there hasn't been any great stories coming out of there. I think remote viewing is possible, but am not impressed with what I have seen really.

Were the Scientologists just scamming our military to the tune of millions for this tech? Maybe they didn't teach the whole thing...or maybe it was a form of self-hypnosis. I don't know.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Just WonderingI personally have challenged self claimed "remote viewers" to easy challenges and none of them was willing to take the challenge.

So some random people on the internet claim to be able to remote view, and because they won't jump through your hoops, all remote viewers are scam artists. You should be getting paid for that quality research!

Instead of badgering amateur RVers, find some with a proven track record. Of course they probably receive hundreds of challenges like yours and are not so easily baited. Which must be proof they are liars.

Remote viewing is very easy to do as long as you can clear your mind of all thought for extended periods of time, and resist the urge to make guesses. OK, maybe not that easy. It also works better the less you know about your target.

I will admit RVing is a pretty useless skill, especially for an amateur working alone. In order to RV something, you need to be able to check your target to verify if you are right. But if you can check your target, there is no need to RV it in the first place. Anything that you'd want to RV seriously is because you are not able to go out and see what it is, so you have no way of seeing if you're right. For RVing to be useful, you need an experienced team of remote viewers, and someone who knows how to interpret the data they provide.

Originally posted by wigit
If they were as good as they say, where are all the missing people, i.e. Maddie McCann.

If I show you a random picture of a dead body in the woods, would you be able to tell me it's exact location? I think not.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by The Cusp]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Just Wondering
I put this thread in skunk works becuse in my opinion any threa about remote viewing belongs in skunk works. A better place would be a [HOAX] forum but ATS doesn't have one yet.

I personally have challenged self claimed "remote viewers" to easy challenges and none of them was willing to take the challenge. They all claimed some lame excuse that "we can't do it to prove it works, we can only do it for the good of mankind" or some other lame excuse.
Bottom line is, Remote viewing is a sham.

...any professional magician can assure you, that the abilities claimed by remote viewers are well within the magician's bag of parlor tricks. This doesn't prove that remote viewers are just putting us on with simple tricks, but their claims and their results are consistent with that. Which of these two possible explanations is most likely true: That remote viewers are using well-proven techniques demonstrated by professional and amateur magicians every day; or that they are accomplishing a feat of true paranormal abilities, which has never been demonstrated under controlled conditions, cannot be duplicated by anyone else, and has no proposed mechanism by which it might be possible?. skeptoid.com...

[edit on 22-5-2010 by Just Wondering]

Not everyone is on the same level with this psychic gift. Some might claim to have it, and i believe it. But not everyone can find any objects at a request. Sometimes it just happens, its hard to explain. Most of the people here that claim to be good at remote viewing do not get paid to remote view for hours and gain a higher level of discipline through a paid practice. When you ask someone who is highly disciplined in this area and its all they do, then im sure they will help you find that remote you have been looking for.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
drkid Your way of thinking is most enlightening. If I apply it to my own life, then all sorts of interesting revelations appear...

1. I paid for a Ford Diesel, with a good engine. The engine didn't last more than 6 months, so therefore all talk of Fords having good, diesel engines is a complete sham.
2. I paid for a Conservatory with concrete foundations. The concrete was sub-standard, so therefore all talk of Conservatories with good concrete foundations must be a utter sham.
3. I paid for a knife with a sharp blade. The blade was blunt so therefore ect...

Just applying your thinking to lifes more "visible" subjects. Thanks drkid!!!

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
So you are familiar in detail with the peer-reviewed research particularly from the early 1970s to the present on this topic, of course. You have reviewed this research, its protocol, and you have intelligent critique of what the physicists, engineers and psychologists and so on who have published this research have done in all the different areas which have provided a consistent and repeatable effect size and a good body of knowledge related to the subject and the issues with its measure, manifestation and quirks.

It's not like you just had a wild opinion, informed by a lifetime of bad media, and you asked "people on the internet" while knowing nothing about the topic yourself and likely seeming untrustworthy to anybody in that topic with a little self-respect, and people didn't jump through your arbitrary and poorly designed hoop (that would be hoop #9,285,018 this year alone from scoffer children on the internet), so you came to some gigantic conclusion.

It wouldn't be that, right. Just checking.

RC

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
same old tired arguments from the remote viewing crowd.
just one time i wish one of you would post actual proof of your "skills"

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I don't know about remote viewing, but I would like to see your response to the post above yours.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Wondering
same old tired arguments from the remote viewing crowd.
just one time i wish one of you would post actual proof of your "skills"

Why haven't you answered any of the questions that were directed to YOU?

Otherwise you are just a troll looking for stars and flags from those that agree with you.

new topics

top topics

join