It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British policeman wins UFO investigation award.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Karl 12.....

Thanks for yet more very interesting info!

I would like to echo this, some excellent testimonies here from very credible witnesses.

I shall take some time out of my afternoon tomorrow to read as many as I can!

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
In the link for his website, go to the quotes section. There is some really fascinating stuff there.

“The phenomenon of UFOs is real. I know that there are scientific organisations which study the problem.”

Former Soviet President Mikhail Gorbachev on 26th April 1990.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ventian

Thanks for the replies and the Mikhail Gorbachev statement is a very interesting one (he was reported to have said it in 'Soviet Youth' magazine).

I think out of all the quotes made about the UFO subject, this one for me just about sums it up.

“Behind the scenes, high-ranking Air Force officers are soberly concerned about UFOs. But through official secrecy and ridicule, many citizens are led to believe that unknown flying objects are nonsense.”

Former CIA Director, Roscoe Hillenkoetter, public statement, 1960.

Link

Cheers.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonicology
I shall take some time out of my afternoon tomorrow to read as many as I can!

Sonicology, happy reading mate -there's some great stuff in there and the Bacup/Todmorden area of Lancashire appears to be a bit of a hotspot.

There's also a free copy of 'UFO Monthly' below which Gary Heseltine was involved with and it goes into more detail here.

UFO Monthly.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/691d015d2834.jpg[/atsimg]

E magazine (pdf)

Cheers.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Well it could hardly happen to a nicer guy. We've both been mining his site for new stories for a long time. When I was asking about my (bombed again!) thread exploring the Cyprus crash...he replied very quickly and honestly. It ain't much, but it shows manners.

I'm glad to see him upping his profile lately too. His was the single appearance I cared about at the 2010 X-Conference. Probably due to unfamiliarity, his presentation remains anonymous. The asshole Bassett gets plenty of You Tube coverage and the others from 'Team Exo' attract credibility where none should exist. Heseltine meanwhile keeps plugging away.

(Very funny work from andy1033! The Grinch of ATS! If ALL police are murderers and there's ~140 000 officers...something doesn't add up. Perhaps a few of them share a murder?)

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Sonicology, happy reading mate -there's some great stuff in there and the Bacup/Todmorden area of Lancashire appears to be a bit of a hotspot.

That quote could make the front pages in Bacup and Tod. First time either place has been described as a 'hotspot.'

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
That quote could make the front pages in Bacup and Tod. First time either place has been described as a 'hotspot.'

Hey bud, I used to live near the area and seem to remember some strange reports - some of the police statements at the PRUFOS site are pretty freaky too.

A UFO, given the description of a flying saucer, has been spotted in Lancashire.

Remarkably, it is the 44th occassion that a UFO has been found in the Bacup and Rossendale area since 1977 – the highest number of sightings recorded in the country.

The area is now probably better known to its residents as ‘UFO Valley’

Link

Cheers.

edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
Well it could hardly happen to a nicer guy. We've both been mining his site for new stories for a long time. When I was asking about my (bombed again!) thread exploring the Cyprus crash...he replied very quickly and honestly. It ain't much, but it shows manners.

Kandinsky, it certainly does show manners and I agree that it's very well deserved and couldn't have happened to a nicer guy (not going to mention the Cyprus thread
).

There looks to be a good interview with him below with Jerry Pippin but I can't get the MP3 link to work - is it the same for you or is it just this crappy computer I'm on?

In this interview, Jerry talks with Gary Heseltine, a police detective in England, who has put together a website and has undertaken an investigation of UFO sightings using official and off duty reports from law enforcement personnel. Heseltine tells Jerry about his experience, when he was a youth, of seeing a UFO that resulted in wide spread power failures in England. Gary relates an example of the reports sent to him by highly trained police officers. Jerry and Gary then engage in a wide ranging discussion of the cover-up by the media and government authorities and what he thinks is really involved in the sightings of UFOs.

Link

Cheers.
edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

It's a dead link for the mp3.

Tommy Cooper..

"it's strange, isn't it. You stand in the middle of a library and go 'Aaaaaaagghhhh' and everyone just stares at you. But you do the same thing on an aeroplane, and everyone joins in."

Beats 2nd line

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Ah yes, you've got to love Tommy Cooper.

Most of the links I've found don't seem to work but here's Gary Heseltine speaking to those cheeky UFO hunters.

0:47

Cheers.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ventian
Thx for posting OP. I wasn't even aware of the site but there are many interesting stories/sightings on it. S + F

P.S. Sorry that your thread is going to get clogged up by the 14-18 yo that listen to way too much rap and live in the suburbs.

kudos for you!

I am just glad police officers are coming clean about their sightings of UFO's.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Anybody have any idea what the "2010 Disclosure Awards" is?
Who awards it? Please tell me it isn't Greer.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

British Police Officer Gary Heseltine, who runs the PRUFOS Police Database, was presented with the 2010 Disclosure Award by Paradigm Research Group Executive Director Stephen Bassett at the recent X-Conference 2010 in Washington, D.C.

realtvufos.blogspot.com...

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by freelance_zenarchist

Oh. That's not any better (re: the "Source A" brouhaha).

I don't want to give the impression that this degrades the work done by Heseltine, he has done a lot of work. But an "international award" from Exopolitics (et.al) is hardly an honor much less favorable recognition.

[edit on 5/27/2010 by Phage]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I'm sorry, but didn't your mother hug you as a child?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Ah well, at least it got his work some recognition from a British broadsheet newspaper - it must have been a newsworthy story and it's a shame there aren't more organisations dishing out awards for good research.

"There are some definite flight type characteristics that are seen now that I would say represent genuine UFOs...ie: instant acceleration; instant stop; vertical acceleration -up into the air and down to the ground; reverses in direction; right angle turns -all in silence -multiple objects sometimes separating and then going back into each other.
They are classic,what I would call,genuine UFO characteristics -things that we can not do in a conventional sense."

British Detective Constable Gary Heseltine - Police UFO reporting organisation, PRUFOS

As for Stephen Bassett -a lot of people might not agree with his convictions but he has helped publicize quite a few good researchers over the years - Terry Hansen and John Greenewald Junior to name but two.

Cheers.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Gary Heseltine being interviewed on BBC radio explaining how about 75 percent of PRUFOS reports are 'multiple officer' cases - he also mentions some other police UFO incidents involving E.M. effects and right angle turns:

See 28:30

Google Video Link

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Richard D Hall interviews Gary Heseltine:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e316a68b9506.jpg[/atsimg]

Gary Heseltine is a detective in the British Transport Police. He has been researching UFOs since he witnessed one when he was aged 15. Hundreds of police officers in the U.K. have reported seeing UFOs, many of them with colleagues and some in broad daylight. As trained eye witnesses police officers have provided a very reliable source of information on UFOs. One slight problem however is that reporting of such incidents is not encouraged by the police force itself. In January 2002 Gary Heseltine launched PRUFOS (Police Reporting of UFO Sightings) database, which is an unoffical national police database of UFO sightings and cases. He also talks about the Rendlesham Forest UFO incident, which is approaching its 30th anniversary.

link

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Gary Heseltine speaking at Leeds Expo, August 2010:

The History of British Police UFO Sightings

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Since it's my impression that you value and appreciate Heseltine's work and effort, I thought it might be of interest to know, that within the next 24 hours, he will be giving the first of two lectures in Denmark, which I look forward to to attend.

Especially on this day, I'm deadly serious in my search for THE golden question, I would like to ask him.
Have some already. But if you have any suggestions... Let them flow

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join