It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India Plane Overshoots Runway: 158 Dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   

news.sky.com

The Air India jet carrying 160 passengers - including 19 children and four babies - and six crew members slid off the runway during heavy rain at Mangalore Airport at around 6.30am local time.

Officials said eight people survived and dismissed earlier reports that one of the survivors had died on the way to hospital.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Such sad sad news, will be interesting to see what condition this plane was in. I remember seeing a News report commenting on the poor condition of Indian jets, if i remember correctly they said it wouldn't be long before something like this happens.

God bless those who are no longer with us, my heart goes out to their families.

news.sky.com

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamNow

news.sky.com

The Air India jet carrying 160 passengers - including 19 children and four babies - and six crew members slid off the runway during heavy rain at Mangalore Airport at around 6.30am local time.

Officials said eight people survived and dismissed earlier reports that one of the survivors had died on the way to hospital.

And thats only the official count of passengers, it does not include the ones sitting on the wings.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by acrux]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamNow
Such sad sad news, will be interesting to see what condition this plane was in.

The link you gave suggested that aircraft was in pristine condition, only 6 years old. Also, the pilot was very experienced.

I've noticed an increase in these "freak" plane crashes lately... could be just me though.

[edit on 22/5/2010 by SassyCat]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Must be something behind the sun then? which catches the plot of course?
I agree with you SassyCat the increase of the plane crashes is unheard off, and not normal, whatever its the sun or something behind the sun either that or something eles.

Its just not normal.

new topics

top topics

join