It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saw some things while meditating

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Hello all,

I am posting this to see if anyone else has gone through this, please feel free to move this where it might go. I am not a prophet or anything. I have been meditating off and on since last November. I have improved and getting relaxed is very easy now. I don't meditate everyday, i'm allowing my body to tell me when I need to, i will get this urge to meditate, and it seems I have better results, and i am able to do it easier then forcing myself to meditate. I usually meditate 1-2 times a week. I write down what happens and what not, and I allow myself to recover for a few minutes as when I come out of the state I usually feel sleepy.

Anyway, usually when I meditate it's short lived meaning one minute I am hearing things around me, and then it's like I go deaf and I don't hear anything, sometimes I see colors and sometimes I don't see anything. Then after what seems like a few minutes my body naturally comes out of it. I lie down and collect myself. This past time I was doing something different, I was envisioning a white light around me, and asking the Universe what my purpose was here, after repeating this several times in my mind, I saw somethings. I saw babies, and working people, and my last vision was a red river. Then I came out of the meditation, and relaxed. I wrote down what I saw and now I am trying to figure out what that may may have meant? When I saw this it was very fast, the images popped into my mind very quickly and I was done. This was the second time I received a vision.

The first time I saw something, I was meditating on the cross saw it in my mind, and when I was looking at the cross, a white light came into my vision field, it burst out of the cross, and lite my whole mind up, and then nothing, all I saw was a huge white light. When I came out of that one I was just in shock. Since then nothing and now this!! Any thoughts on this?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Keep it up. Sounds like your doing it right.

Always remember to write down as much as you can as you can forget almost the instant you come out of that state.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
You have to understand that each thing you see is a symbol that means something to you yourself. Each of us has our own symbols for the things we see within us. A red river may mean one thing for you, but may mean something else for me as with everyone else. Write these things down, then in your own mind, figure what each thing represents to you in your life. Then put them together, and they will tell you what it is that you need to know.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
You're not alone. I have been meditating myself for 2-3 years on and off and had some experiences also. The most recent one was last week when i was at a state with this very bright white light all around me, I was shown some geometric figures of some kind. I couldn't really make out what it was all about, it was a very brief experience, it was over in a matter of seconds.

I try to meditate every day, whenever I'm in the mood and I have a meditation friendly environment.

It's nice to hear there are others with similiar experiences out there.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Nice job Mysticalzoe.

I can't say for certain what the Cross with White Light, or the babies and Red River mean. However, I can apply traditional symbolism and metaphorical aspects to tell you what they traditionally stand for.

The Cross

The cross has way to many diverse meaning to cover them all in one little message here. Typically though, the cross represents the conjunction of Heaven & Earth, Man & God, or Spirit & Flesh through various means.

Obviously the most popular mythological story relating to the cross is that of Jesus (no offense to any Christians here).

Jesus represented the union between Godhead and Man (what with Jesus being the son of God, and killed on the cross for that claim).

He also represented the only way to reach the Father ("I am the truth and the life") which means he alone united Heaven and Earth for the people.

Finally, Jesus was crucified, died, and rose again on the third day. Representing the unity man has with his Spirit, or Soul. Again, happening on the cross.

So, what does it all mean in your vision? My advise would be to study your spiritual roots. Explore your life-path, and spiritual beliefs. Maybe you're about to have some kind of revelation.

White Light

White Light is a pretty obvious symbol. It represents purity and virginity. White Light is the color of all light before it is refracted into the multiple colors we can see.

White Light also represents the Universe, in all her glory, reigning favor down upon you. To the New-Age spiritualist it is the fluffy, warm, good feeling they get when they believe they have had a truly spiritual experience.

Combining this with the cross symbolism might help you better determine what this dual symbol might mean to you personally.

Babies

Babies are a tricky one. They typically represent innocents and virtue (a lot like White Light). However, they also stand to represent the future, and things which have already passed, or are yet to come (Cherubs, baby-faced angels, are Heaven's Librarians).

This could mean that during meditation you reached a state of innocence, seeing the time stream as it is, without any kind of lens or obscuring glasses over your eyes (which is what some people believe this life is).

Red River

This one is a little bit tougher. It all depends on how you view blood spiritually. If you find blood to be an evil vision, filled with darkness and trepidation, then a river running red is probably a sign of a negative view of yourself or your spiritual abilities.

However, if you're religious (nothing wrong with it if you aren't), then blood could mean unions, pacts and agreements with spiritual beings. Like when Jesus bleeds for us so God is no longer angry. Or, in pagan faiths blood sacrifices appeased the gods so that they would rain favor down upon the village or tribe.

So, your definition of blood, mixed with whether you believe a red river is a blood-filled river will help you determine what this symbol might mean to you.

All of these are just guidelines though. Explore each symbol on your own and see what feelings and emotions you gather from them. Build your interpretation off of personal intuition and insight.

Good luck.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mysticalzoe

Possible jhana, a buddhist meditation experience. Usually accompanied with the lack of all five senses and may result after deep, prolonged meditation.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by rajaten]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
i'm a big fan of meditation but im not that good yet. What "kind" of meditation are you doing, mostly?

Infact! Anyone with a good beginnertype of meditation may u2u me.
I've experienced some things myself but this is your thread and i like it

Sorry for my lack of answer in this one

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I have been meditating for seven years and I can say that the purpose of meditation is to realize your divine nature: Formless, Eternal, beyond all duality; this is what you truly are.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
meditation is very exiting, i heard voices around my head once... that was weird. but reading about your visions made the impression to me that you are certantly getting far

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mysticalzoe

Wow, you seem to be a natural when it comes to meditation.

Continue on and keep going and you are not going to need to come here to ask for the subjective interpretations of others to tell you what this means because you will be able to find out for yourself.

Meditation in my humble opinion and in my experience is like riding a bike in that the more you do it the more you learn from depth of lean used to take corners, how far you can push traction and grip in wet weather and so on. I know it is a terrible analogy but terrible analogies are my specialty.

Without meaning to sound patronising I say to you, stay positive and bathe anything you might construe to be negative on your travels in feelings of positivity and dare I say it - with love.

You will be very glad you did!

Genuine respects and great job so far, you are going to fly!

new topics

top topics

join