It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

REPORT: EU newspaper reports that North Korea is responsible for oil rig disaster!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skellon
reply to post by njl51

I appreciate your time in researching the 'known' cause njl51.

Does nobody else think it strange that even a gas bubble can cause a fire that can in turn collapse an oil rig?

Let me be crystal clear about where I stand on this thread.

I know of Sorcha Faal articles. I have been reading these boards for the past 3 years, I have hundreds of bookmarks in Mozilla Firefox for all types of sites ranging from scientific peer reviewed material all the way to Sorcha Faal and some pretty out there nonsense, the latter mainly for amusement and curiosity.

I do not subscribe to the first thing I see, I read everything I can and then form a conclusion based upon knowledge, logic, motivation, common sense, a reflection on previous events / history and last but not least 'gut feeling'.

Where I believe alot of people are too quick to jump the gun on these boards is that they get carried away with the details. Tunnel vision if you like. They find one detail that they can contrast with some other information and ka-ching! thread debunked, pass out the cookies.

The bigger picture usually does a better job of illustrating what is going on.

for example : the means, the motive and the opportunity.(classic detective method of deduction)

This way you can filter the likely from the unlikely.

This is where the ATS contributer can really provide a service in my opinion; by conducting an investigation into any article without prejudice.

“Most people fail in life because they major in minor things.” - Anthony Robbins

[edit on 22-5-2010 by Skellon]

The gas "bubble" and fire is not what sunk the rig. That bubble was reportedly twice the capacity of the equipment, the resulting explosion is what damaged the equipment that maintains the delicate balance of flotation on a semi-submersible rig. The key words are semi-submersible. the rig is already half underwater- damaging the systems that maintain ballast and such would spell doom. Basically they recieved a belch up the pipe that destroyed their equipment. They power was shut down on the rig to keep a spark from happening in other areas of the rig that are not spark free areas, an emergency generator kicked on causing a spark in a methane saturated environment and Kaboom. Thats what has been relayed to me from people in the know.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Annie Mossity

Ah yes I read something about that before regarding a ship that dissapeared because a huge gas bubble rose up beneath it making it 'free-fall' to the ocean floor.

You couldn't make that up... and raises the importance of packing a chute when you next go sailing, not that would help you survive the crushing pressure after said 'bubble popped'.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by inbound

Thanks inbound for explaining this.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
With all that military hardware, both land and sea based, does anyone really think anyone is going to get a sub into the Gulf of Mexico and out again without being detected?
I bet ol' Obama and few in government, let alone BP execs, would love to pin this on terrorism and avoid any blame, but that aint gonna happen.

Exactly.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by NASCARUFOs

I had to come out of my hibernation to respond to this. Are you kidding? Is this what ATS has become? I'm laughing my ass off right now at the absurdity of what you're saying.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
www.mudinmyblood.net...

This is the link to the story that I spoke of earlier. If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes I wouldnt have believed it myself- that I know one of these two guys.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
does anyone really think anyone is going to get a sub into the Gulf of Mexico and out again without being detected?
You are not reading it all; these were purportedly two man mini subs that you CAN LAUNCH OFF A FREIGHTER. I remember there was also a story about the US torpedoing a freighter carrying NKorean enriched uranium to the camel jockeys, that we torpedoed. But both parties claim this was a ficticious story. Sure, maybe the source is tabloid style with no credibility. But sometimes those 'clowns' are telling the truth. So the 'bad guys' would naturally call them unreliable, end of story. But the other pieces here all fit. History Channel just had a story last night about weather control, and that it appears Russia and China caused the hurricane that destroyed New Orleans. Since that storm, an unusual 'High pressure' area right below New Orleans has stopped all hurricanes from coming ashore on the Eastern Seaboard for three years now. China has been engaged in acts of war against our computer infrastructure now for a long time, also sending in many spies in the form of mail order brides. Even Kenya has been acting against us by sending in an imposter pretending to be an American. 'Behold, I sit a Christian nation (queen, or bride of King Jesus) and shall see no evil.' Much of the world resents us and hates us, some for possibly legitimate reasons. Possibly. We rule them, we run the show. We tell them what to do, and they don't like it for some crazy reason. 'Avoid foreign entanglements.'

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Atomic Honey

Your right, the whole thing stinks. Like the north koreans are going to travel half way around the world to torpedo an oil rig in the gulf of mexico. mind you it`s a good excuse to go and bomb the s..t out of them and BP and the other companies will be off the hook. lets see,we are bombing the hell out of Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan about to go to war with Iran what the hell lets go kill the North Koreans. the only ones who will really gain out of all this are the arms dealers and the BANKS. More of our soldiers will die, more innocent civillians will die horrific deaths but what the hell, someone blew up our oil rig right, just like someone blew up the twin towers which is what started this whole killing sree in the first place.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneNationUnder
Whenever a story says there's a massive or total media blackout, 99% of the time the story is fake, a hoax and total garbage. It's the easiest way to get attention because readers think the website is "in the know." Let's not forget it's virtually impossible for a website like that to be "in the know" about N. Korea sinking anything in the gulf. With an incident like only a handful of people would know and they wouldn't contact a wannabe website like that with secret insider information.

If N. Korea really did do something like that, you would have seen something in N. Korea blowing up by now as our response to them. Then the media would have reported it as a 5-alarm fire, or an earthquake resulting in this damage, etc.

I too agree this is not just a hoax, but appears to be a created propaganda piece.

The idea of a submarine getting in close enough to launch torpedo's is questionable but not impossible. I would highly doubt N Kora would do anything of the nature, and risk another holocaust on their heads, but there is another power who has demonstrated a willingness and ability to kill not only Americans but anyone who gets in their way.

As far as I'm concerned, we are in a state of WAR!

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleSecret

How right you are Little Secret, divide and rule. not only are we fighting other countries but we have starting to fight each other. States are turning against other States as in Az and California, the hatred against immigrants is growing every day, the rich are against the homeless, the poor resent the rich, there is division and fear everywhere and it will get worse until we realise who the people responsible are and are gaining from all this misery.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37

I would take this so called report with a shed load of salt. Here is a post below the report in the comments.

I don't know, of course Sorcha is an idiot, but they're reporting the same thing in Norwegian news papers, about the sinking. Even went as far to show the torpedo remnants and the markings which "proved" it was from N. Korea.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Frontkjemper

Are you sure that's the oil rig in the Gulf of Mexico, and that you're not confusing it with the South Korean ship that was torpedoed near the border of North and South Korea? I haven't seen any mention in Norwegian media about this Sorcha Faal story from May 1st. If you find such article, please link it (I can read Norwegian).

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye

Originally posted by OneNationUnder
Whenever a story says there's a massive or total media blackout, 99% of the time the story is fake, a hoax and total garbage. It's the easiest way to get attention because readers think the website is "in the know." Let's not forget it's virtually impossible for a website like that to be "in the know" about N. Korea sinking anything in the gulf. With an incident like only a handful of people would know and they wouldn't contact a wannabe website like that with secret insider information.

If N. Korea really did do something like that, you would have seen something in N. Korea blowing up by now as our response to them. Then the media would have reported it as a 5-alarm fire, or an earthquake resulting in this damage, etc.

I too agree this is not just a hoax, but appears to be a created propaganda piece.

The idea of a submarine getting in close enough to launch torpedo's is questionable but not impossible. I would highly doubt N Kora would do anything of the nature, and risk another holocaust on their heads, but there is another power who has demonstrated a willingness and ability to kill not only Americans but anyone who gets in their way.

As far as I'm concerned, we are in a state of WAR!

Any other country leader and I would jump on the boat with you but do not forget that Kim is a big James Bond fan..... Perhaps he got the idea from 'The Spy Who Loved Me' with the subs that are 'penned' inside a super tanker.

The guy is totally insane, you could not rule out anything, aslong as it doesn't involve him putting his life on the line......

[edit on 22-5-2010 by Skellon]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBitterEnd

I didnt get a trojan horse infection and my Kaperskey anti-virus never alerted one to me, but thanks for letting me know I will go scan again for this. Sorry, i didnt mean any harm or dont know how to work one or how they work even. This little article I found sure has caused alot of people to become upset and truly nasty and ugly. I was just trying to let people know that this could be possible, but ignorance i stronger with the weak and stubborn.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Thanks for the link to the site that tries to hit you with endless pop-ups. Real smart their bro

You don't start a fight with the U.S. by poking us in the eye.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Skellon

Thank you for actually saying what I was trying to get people to think and wonder about. I never said that I totally agreed with what I posted. I was simply putting it out there because we as Americans can have opinions and I question why we the people have not been told what caused this pipe to burst and even more strange was a whole rig sinking or just gone. This in my opinion makes more sense that just something blowing all of the sudden. I am open for more theories and arguments, but instead of reading my post and wondering and taking it into consideration, most attack me, down play it as stupid and just blow it off. Here is something that makes me think that there might be something to it. A media blackout ordered and all four or however many there were posted were almost immediatley taken down and sent to HOAX. Makes you wonder what is going on that they need SWAT on all of the rigs.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

Actually I wouldnt know if it had any. See I am smart and do spend a little of money on Anti-Virus and pop-up blockers that are included so I think you may be one of the only one left in this technology era using your old Apple I computer with the floppy discs and huge keyboards so I am not worried about 1 person reporting they recieved a bunch of pop up ads.

Time to invest in some 21st century technology. Now in 2010 most people use window 10 or so at least semi new. Your old original window probably isnt the best operating system to be using anymore.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Skellon

There was an 5-leged platform, "Alexander L Kielland" that capsized in the Norwegian sector of the North Sea on March 27 1980 when one of the five legs broke off. 123 people died in this tragic disaster.

The Sabotage against offshore accomodation platform ALEXANDER L. KIELLAND
FALK (FALK International) is a non-profit organization founded with the objective of promoting new police investigation of the "Alexander L. Kielland" disaster and improved public legal rights.

The offshore accomodation platform Alexander L. Kielland capsized on the Ekofisk field in the Norwegian sector of the North Sea on March 27 1980. 123 people perished among them twentyseven UK and two US citizens. The Norwegian Labour government in charge at the time, appointed the following day a committee to investigate the cause of the disaster. The Committee presented their report one year later in March 1981. The report concluded that the cause of the disaster was a fatigue crack in one of the six bracings (bracing D-6) connecting the broken away D-leg to the rest of the platform. In the Summary of their report on page 11 the Committee, however, states they never looked into any other possible cause to the disaster as f.i. explosion. After the uprighting of the capsized rig in 1983, FALK's president Ole. C. Ostlund was involved in the inspection of the rig on behalf of a group of relatives. Findings strongly indicated that an explosion had taken place in one of the bracings (bracing D-4) adjacent to the D-6 bracing with the fatigue crack, causing the platform to collapse. Further metallurgical testing and research substantiates that failure of the D-4 bracing was caused by explosives placed inside the upper part of the bracing by human act. Several requests have in vain been placed asking Norwegian jurisdicial authorities to resume investigation of the "Kielland" disaster based upon sabotage as the real cause of the disaster. FALK strongly advocates such investigation to take place by Norwegian Police with assistance from FBI and Scotland Yard. Presentations have been made to representatives from FBI and Scotland Yard. The official posission is as stated in letter from the US Embassy in London that they can not assist without a formal request from Norwegian authorities. FALK is asking for your support to put pressure on the Norwegian Government making them to take proper action in this case, and stop violating Democratic rights and Public legal security in Norway.

"The Alexander L Kielland disaster"

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
reply to post by Frontkjemper

Are you sure that's the oil rig in the Gulf of Mexico, and that you're not confusing it with the South Korean ship that was torpedoed near the border of North and South Korea? I haven't seen any mention in Norwegian media about this Sorcha Faal story from May 1st. If you find such article, please link it (I can read Norwegian).

Helmutt is right....
All Norwegian newspapers link the torpedo to the sinking of the south Korean ship, just like what the MSM does report in every other country....

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Anything is possible. We pissed the japanese off so much that they piloted submersibles to Pearl Harbor...remember that. Cuba and Venezuela are alias to the North Koreans as are the Chinese and Russians...Climb out of the fish bowl and off of the box. Anything is possible until facutally proven wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join