It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

REPORT: EU newspaper reports that North Korea is responsible for oil rig disaster!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Whenever a story says there's a massive or total media blackout, 99% of the time the story is fake, a hoax and total garbage. It's the easiest way to get attention because readers think the website is "in the know." Let's not forget it's virtually impossible for a website like that to be "in the know" about N. Korea sinking anything in the gulf. With an incident like only a handful of people would know and they wouldn't contact a wannabe website like that with secret insider information.

If N. Korea really did do something like that, you would have seen something in N. Korea blowing up by now as our response to them. Then the media would have reported it as a 5-alarm fire, or an earthquake resulting in this damage, etc.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by NASCARUFOs

I hate to ruin everything (I thought this was real at first) but EUtimes is satire news like the onion. Most of their information cannot be trusted.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by jdills1196]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
ATS really needs a sorcha filter. Any story or link should immediately be moved into the hoax forum.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by C11H17N2NaO2S

I hope your car quits on you, you cant get to work, lose your job, then get denied benefits. Whew!!! I needed that, if you meant it to be funny, well then, me too I guess!

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneNationUnder
Whenever a story says there's a massive or total media blackout, 99% of the time the story is fake, a hoax and total garbage. It's the easiest way to get attention because readers think the website is "in the know." Let's not forget it's virtually impossible for a website like that to be "in the know" about N. Korea sinking anything in the gulf. With an incident like only a handful of people would know and they wouldn't contact a wannabe website like that with secret insider information.

If N. Korea really did do something like that, you would have seen something in N. Korea blowing up by now as our response to them. Then the media would have reported it as a 5-alarm fire, or an earthquake resulting in this damage, etc.

Agreed. If N. Korea had anything to do with this we would have no problem being open about it and retaliating immediately. And a star for your sig. Ooh Rah!

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

If that is written by Sorcha Faal

then this thread needs to be deleted.

Also, we need to question the limits of "Freedom of speech" because this is the type crap that can start wars.

[edit on 5/22/2010 by die_another_day]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by drock905
ATS really needs a sorcha filter. Any story or link should immediately be moved into the hoax forum.

You're kidding!

You mean this isn't true?

Sorcha Faal thread by Super Mod Mirthful Me:

Sorcha Faal... Internet Hoax Queen Courtesy of David Booth...

Other previous threads pertaining to this that have been assigned to the hoax forum:

Post by Super Mod HellMutt:

[edit on 22-5-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by broahes
reply to post by tarifa37

Thanks for raising my BS monitor on this one for me.

I'll still like to see what develops, or if it just dies..

Star for you pointing that out though.

Edit to add: ATS makes you a little paranoid doesn't it?

No, ATS is full of paranoid people. You have two choices when the shock horror story is reported here:
a) Look carefully for ANYTHING to back up the claim (9/10 there is nothing, it's all speculation) and thus dismiss the claim immediately.
b) Take on board what they say and half believe them and see what others say. Unfortunately most folks on ATS are paranoid(!) and so you end up being drawn into their fantasy world.

Cross referenced, verifiable, original sourced facts are your friend. Well they should be but even these are dismissed at times...........(that's another story, well covered by New Scientist last week)

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Why oh WHY is a HOAX topic in the HOAX forum on the front page???

People, just stop posting on this topic so it can die already.

I shouldn't have posted this, because I am only helping bump this topic.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by ALLis0NE]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I've seen this mentioned as a reason why NK would be interested in targeting the platform twice so far on this thread:

"Hyundai Heavy Industries of Seoul, South Korea built the rig at a cost of $1 billion and despite insurance may have to write off significant losses. The oil rig explosion also has repercussions for the SKorean economy"

Now why would Hyundai write off anything as a loss when all they did was BUILD the platform for another company, BP? How would targeting the platform in any way mess up anything Hyundai does or does not do aside from any possible investment they may have in BP and/or Gulf coast real estate and/or tourism? In fact, don't they stand to possibly GAIN in that they could bid on and possibly get the contract to build a new platform since they did the first one? I've seen nothing saying there was a possible manufacturing/construction problem causing it to blow either.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE

Me? I like it there. In "broad daylight". For all to see.

Ignorance is akin to mushrooms in a sense. They thrive in dark, cool environments loaded with bull# ... yet quickly perish when brought under/into the light

People, just stop posting on this topic so it can die already.

I shouldn't have posted this, because I am only helping bump this topic.

Eh? Dead horses are no different than Piñatas, everybody wants to take a whack!.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annie Mossity

Originally posted by ALLis0NE

Eh? Dead horses are no different than Piñatas, everybody wants to take a whack!.

Annie Mossity.....

At last I can use this GIF!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/895364ae4851.gif[/atsimg]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
www.inweekly.net...
Here is the LOCAL VERSION !!! I was reading it today !!!!
This is what caused the explosion > methane gas bubble they say...
Nice story.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by inbound

Can you get a copy of that and post it? I would love to see it. I would bet there are some others here that would love to see it too.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Well it sounds a little too convenient to drum up support for attacking N Korea to me... But I am sure it will stir up enough folks to get popular opinion in favor of attacking.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Has anyone else watched the feed from CNN? If so does it look like it is running on a loop. I may be wrong, but it does look that way to me. It just seems weird that the same marine life is swimming by the camera in the same place more than once. If I am wrong then I am sorry for asking a dumb question.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by njl51

I appreciate your time in researching the 'known' cause njl51.

Does nobody else think it strange that even a gas bubble can cause a fire that can in turn collapse an oil rig?

Let me be crystal clear about where I stand on this thread.

I know of Sorcha Faal articles. I have been reading these boards for the past 3 years, I have hundreds of bookmarks in Mozilla Firefox for all types of sites ranging from scientific peer reviewed material all the way to Sorcha Faal and some pretty out there nonsense, the latter mainly for amusement and curiosity.

I do not subscribe to the first thing I see, I read everything I can and then form a conclusion based upon knowledge, logic, motivation, common sense, a reflection on previous events / history and last but not least 'gut feeling'.

Where I believe alot of people are too quick to jump the gun on these boards is that they get carried away with the details. Tunnel vision if you like. They find one detail that they can contrast with some other information and ka-ching! thread debunked, pass out the cookies.

The bigger picture usually does a better job of illustrating what is going on.

for example : the means, the motive and the opportunity.(classic detective method of deduction)

This way you can filter the likely from the unlikely.

This is where the ATS contributer can really provide a service in my opinion; by conducting an investigation into any article without prejudice.

“Most people fail in life because they major in minor things.” - Anthony Robbins

[edit on 22-5-2010 by Skellon]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Now u know why:

Thu May 20, 6:20 PM

WASHINGTON (AFP) - US Director of National Intelligence Dennis Blair will resign on Friday as President Barack Obama's top spy chief, a US official told AFP.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skellon
Does nobody else think it strange that even a gas bubble can cause a fire that can in turn collapse an oil rig?

Please realize that the "gas bubble" in question wasn't your typical, run of the mill, bath tub beauty ... But more a "projectile" under extreme velocity/psi. More than capable of "blasting" a hole or firey-plume sufficient to cause ultimate rig faliure

Couple that with the Known faulty/damaged/compromised built-in safeguards (which would have prevented such from happening) and you have ... What?

... the makings for not only a veritable conspiracy (money over matters), but also one of, if not, THE most extensive eco-disasters in modern day times.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

I dont know how to embedd stuff, but I can give the website name and thread title- it is a fasciating read. Or I could U2U the info to you and you can post it

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join