It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

can anyone tell me about the third eye?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
ive read many different things about it, and none of it made complete sense. ive done some excersizes ive read about, to open the third eye, and none of them worked.
so i want to get a better understanding of the third eye. what is it?(i know i know, pineal gland and what not) but what is IT? an opening to the unseen? a door to psychic powers? what?

and what does opening your third eye do?
do you see spirits? does it change your daily life in anyway?
sorry to seem very ignorant. ive just got alot of topics running through my mind atm.
can anyone give me any possible assistance in opening my third eye?
thanks in advance for your replies. im going to bed after i post this to rest my mind. so ill go through the replies in the morning.
also feel free to send me a u2u if you want to go more into the subject.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
why don't you try google first?
or even better do an ATS search and see what you can learn before trying to get others to do the work for you?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by wartooth420

You are referring to the Parietal Eye.

Quote from : Parietal Eye

A parietal eye, also known as a parietal organ or third-eye, is a part of the epithalamus present in some animal species.

The eye may be photoreceptive and is usually associated with the pineal gland, regulating circadian rhythmicity and hormone production for thermoregulation.

Pineal Gland 101: Pineal Gland Activation

Read further on Wikipedia, for the collective views of many people.

The one and only experience I can speak of was when I picked up a picture of a loved one, a picture of a work Christmas party, and not knowing anyone within the picture, except the loved one, began "seeing" things about each person within the picture that I had zero way of knowing by never having met, nor heard about them, nor spoken of them.

For further reading and in slightly more detail, albeit not much, go here :

Mental Imagery From Words Or Images

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

thats what i did. Google and ats search. All of them has various pages, but one page says oe thing and anothe rpage says another.
Which is why it doesnt make sense to me.
Why not be nice and give people answers instead of being a jerk?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jakemil

Nice job at being a troll.
Also nice job at proving your lack of intelligence to the ats community.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by wartooth420

hahaha whatever, seems like you lack a complete sense of humor. anyways about the ATS community, im more then certain if you would post some information and a little background we could actually get some real debate going on. havent you knowticed that all other threads have useful links etc! you might also want to take note that because of you lack of doing this no one has visited your thread

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
There are already a few threads here. Try the custom search bar in the upper right.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
This guy has a lot of vids on youtube dealing with the third eye...some of them I have played as background music at my work, kinda psychedelic drone elevator muzak, is my only use of them...

Examining cursorily dude's work, I have not found an obvious reason to disrespect him, nor have I pursued him enough to advocate him...you're on your own, hee-hee...here is his youtube channel.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by nine-eyed-eel]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
If you study Paramahansa Yogananda, who founded Self-Realization Fellowship, you can find out everything about the third eye. Yogananda calls it the Christ Center, or spiritual eye. It is the main focal point for many types of meditation.

By relaxing and concentrating at the "point between the eyebrows," at the forefront of the brain, energy can be converged there, and a spiritual awakening can be attained. With an erect spine, you can gently turn your eyes upward, not too much that any strain is caused, and try to peer through the third eye.

The jyoti mudra technique will facilitate seeing some light at the third eye. This light is prana, or energy substance of your life itself.

The Yogis of India say the third eye is the inner pathway to the spinal centers and soul consciousness. Jesus spoke of it when he said, "If thine eye be single, thy whole body will be filled with light."

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Here is an interesting article about Ramanujan the Indian math genius. Some claim his incredible math feats were due to the vision from his third eye.

www.balbro.com...

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jakemil

"knowticed"
my point has been rested.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Bryon777

thank you for this info, i will definitely look more into this and study it.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Opening the third eye is opening the mind. The mind's eye is where images are stored, the mind itself is the third eye, and opening it opens up the light within the mind.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

join