It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This site gives me a chance to talk about the stuff my wife doesn't want to hear!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I'm a former Marine and married dad living in AL. I'm a self-proclaimed geek for this stuff, can't get enough of it. I'm a pretty faithful Christian but I'm relatively new to the faith so I think I at least have a pretty open mind.

I love the Alien stuff and the conspiracy theory stuff. I've got plenty of my own "black helicopter" theories on things but like I said... wife doesn't want to hear it any more. ROFL.

So, I registered and I'm digging in. Love you long time!

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Lol! Welcome to ATS friend, jump in and post like crazy.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS.
Most of us welcome the stuff that "your wife doesn't want to hear."

Take a seat and enjoy the show!

[edit on 22-5-2010 by Wookiep]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew

... I'm relatively new to the faith ...

I'm curious as to what the faith is.

Faith in what?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

Your wife will come around one of these days, and then she will be fighting you for ATS access. Just find at least one topic she might be interested in. It should not be that hard given the variety. Enjoy your membership.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by manta78]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

Hi gncnew, and welcome to the ATS community. For now, you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only.
Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

NEW! ATS Video Tutorials

Terms & Conditions Lite!

Terms & Conditions

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Moderator.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

Welcome gncnew , you have come to the Right Place then ......

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
An open minded Christian!? I say HOAX! LOL

Welcome to the Jungle! May you show us some threes from the forest!

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

Welcome to ATS and Hoorah from a man raised by a former Vietnam era Marine.

This Is My Rifle. This Is My Gun

Look out for Old Mary Jane Rottencrotch here on the boards.

Watch which way the wind blows, remember to duck when incoming fire is heading your way, and to never be the last man out of the foxhole.

Come on by any of my threads as all are welcome but not all are equal unless respect is shown, earned, and reciprocated in like-kind and according to the terms and conditions of ATS and polite verbal jousting.

Semper Fi and Deny Ignorance.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
welcome. my wife is tired of hearing all the stuff discussed here aswell. maybe someone could start a ats wives club they could network and talk bad about us

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Welcome! So you are a "new" Christian. And I'm an "old"Christian losing the faith. lol. It's all good. You are open minded and I am open minded. For sure, we can find common ground. Yes? Of course we can!

Welcome!
Wait until I tell you about the time I met an an angel, and thought the angel was Jesus Christ! Oh, Man, did I have an awakening!

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aresh Troxit
An open minded Christian!? I say HOAX! LOL

Welcome to the Jungle! May you show us some threes from the forest!

Open minded Christian. lol That's funny. lol Except, I am one. LOL. But I see the funny. lol.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
let's see... here we go with replies.

Freedom or death:
Christian Faith... sorry if I wasn't clear about that.. unless of course you're just asking "what is faith" and in that case it's a whole 'nother discussion.

Manta:
Not likely.. she's more into things like Reality TV... this is all "geek" stuff. Good thing for me she's into geeks

Thanks Sauron

Aresh Troxit:
LOL, I realize that you dont see it very often but there are just as many closed minded non-religious types as there are closed-minded Christians. My experience is that faith in something unprovable doesn't show a measure of your ability to reason.

SpartinKing:
OOH-RAH! Did your dad share that special language all Marines seem to share?

guardian2012:
not sure I want them all on here... they'd just find new ways to point and laugh I think.

kyred:
In my experience Christians that lose faith are usually because of the church and religion. I've found that my faith is best built by putting feet to it... but I dont know you're situation at all.

I think most Christians are open-minded... hell you kind of have to be to believe in God ya know? Unfortunately we're too often the silent majority.

Thanks for the welcome guys!

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

Welcome aboard Marine . Around here though , you're still a maggot till you get your 20 posts in .

What part of Bama you from ? Clay County stock here , but Ok has been home for past 30 years .

Roll Tide !

And while I know what you meant in your post , there is no such thing as a 'former' Marine . Once a Marine , Always a Marine . You can hit that 'edit' button in the top right-hand side of your post to correct that .

[edit on 22-5-2010 by okbmd]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew
I'm a former Marine and married dad living in AL. I'm a self-proclaimed geek for this stuff, can't get enough of it. I'm a pretty faithful Christian but I'm relatively new to the faith so I think I at least have a pretty open mind.

I love the Alien stuff and the conspiracy theory stuff. I've got plenty of my own "black helicopter" theories on things but like I said... wife doesn't want to hear it any more. ROFL.

So, I registered and I'm digging in. Love you long time!

welcome aboard. Looking forward to reading your post.

Rule no.1. If your going to publicly post that your a Christian, be ready to defend it. Keep the faith brother.
Rule no.2. Never converse with your wife about what goes on here, she will think your nuts.
Rule no.3.Never debate a atheist with truth, They will automatically go on the attack with personal slander and use unsubstantiated fantasy involving ET and evolution.

Other than that have fun.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

Welcome to YOUR DOOOOOM! :p

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

Of course he did, although I seldom find myself in company where it's appropriate.

Too many lily-livered civilians and wanton sloppy and undisciplined minds.

The Art of War was taught to me firsthand by a dedicated warrior.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Welcome!

My hubby doesn't want to hear it anymore. I know how you feel.

And I by choice - no longer believe the foundation of Christianity or that religion is anything more then a means of political control.

I do however believe in an Energy Creator.

Now that we got that out of the way - - - I hope our agreeable interests are civil and are disagreeable interests are as well.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by Annee]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by gaurdian2012
welcome. my wife is tired of hearing all the stuff discussed here aswell. maybe someone could start a ats wives club they could network and talk bad about us

Hey - I got the reverse. Hubby doesn't want to hear about it.

But I can hang with the Big Boys.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

I know what you mean, my Faith is indestructible. I was born with it. When the Church began to menace me to follow them and be a good Christian, I thought: " I have nothing to prove to men about my Faith. He knows. And if I get to be menaced when being as faithful as I am, then these men claiming to represent Him are liars, at the very least suspect...
I was not 10 yet, then...

The menace? " IF you do not do your Confirmation of Faith, you won't be able to marry in a church, you won't this and that. " I replied, my Faith is good. Why the menace? " IF you do not, blah blah...", same thing again.
As for the few priests I've met over the years, they seemed more into the "ratings" of their church than in the quality of the followers. " Shh. Sit and listen and shh. "

So in my view, the most important thing of all is your Faith in God. My story with the Church never prevented Him to listen to me, when I pray for others, or give me a much needed answer when in need of one. He never failed me. Hence my indestructible Faith.

I'm truly glad for you to have found Faith and God!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join